View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 20:20   #23
lettie
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: Christmas comes to early?

Can we all come to yours for Christmas Harry?  It sounds great.

This is Christmas at my familys.

I come home from work (worked every Christmas day since 1987) Have usually missed the dinner, but my Dad warms it up for me in the microwave. Sit in his dining room and eat it on my own. Go into the lounge and the whole family ( and there's a lot of us) are watching home videos supplied by my dad and we've all seen them before, but everybody but me is too drunk to care. My Granddad is snoring in the chair and my Grandma is complaining about his lack of ability to stay awake. The kids are usually taking turns to have tummy ache, feel sick, be sick! etc. At least one of my step brothers or brother in laws will have a black eye or split lip, from a late night foray into Accy the night before. My mum will have had a drink (and it only takes one) and she will have told the same story at least 4 times. My Step - mum will be washing up and looking totally harassed. My sisters who are 33 and 31 will be the only ones playing with the toys.

Despite this, I never miss calling on the family do after work, but your house sure sounds like fun. :-*

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is online now   Reply With Quote