Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Less
  • 2 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2017, 10:00   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Coins, Coins And More Coins!

The haunted Fish Tank in the corner of my room, seems to be offering more and more free coins (and some for sale) in the adverts.

I started to wonder about this after all most of us live by the rule if it seems too good to be true it probably isn't worth the postage.

One of these companies calls itself the London Mint Office, a very official sounding title to reassure the gullible perhaps?

Below is a review of The London Mint Office:-

https://www.buysilver.org/online-dea...office-review/

They offer a coin to commerate the fallen of WW1, peronally I think instead of taking up this offer, I will continue buying my poppy in honour of these and many other men from many conflicts, I would rather the British Legion got the money than some other organisation.

Last edited by Less; 26-07-2017 at 10:04.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2017, 12:16   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Coins, Coins And More Coins!

The RBL are really pushing the Passchendaele remembrances this year (100 years), now if you've got a spare £40,00 sitting loose, how about the Passch 100 lapel pin.

Poppy Shop Passchendaele 100
Old 26-07-2017, 12:20   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I think I would rather have any or ALL, of those items on display in my house than any rip off coin.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 08:07   #4
God Member

think the coin situation is another way of getting money out of people who think they will be worth a fortune in years to come. another scam was the collector limited edition plates that were offered years ago. you name it you could buy the subject matter on the plates. not worth their original purchase price now and seen at car boots everywhere.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 08:18   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think the coin situation is another way of getting money out of people who think they will be worth a fortune in years to come. another scam was the collector limited edition plates that were offered years ago. you name it you could buy the subject matter on the plates. not worth their original purchase price now and seen at car boots everywhere.
Reminds me of the old saying " A fool and his money are soon parted."
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-07-2017, 15:15   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So, So true but how did the fool get the money in the first place ?
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 09:37   #7
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Totally agree with all said - but my Grand daughter boasts of a huge collection of these coins "worth" upwards of £2000-00 which is to be passed on to my great grand son when he comes of age. I needed to say something but the damage is done and our relationship is a little rocky even without "Grandad" moaning.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..