Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2020, 19:30   #316
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

yeh never know exile i had flu jabs since they came out, before that it was capsules which i had works, provided them never had flu until once about 9/10 years ago when i never took my jab, was in bed for 3 weeks with flu. so never missed since.
Old 12-04-2020, 20:29   #317
Beacon of light

My other half was ill after every flu jab.....and it starts within hours of getting it.
He gave up having them about three years ago....now he has Vit C and Vit D every day from Oct 1st until BST starts....and he has stayed well(I have my fingers crossed saying this because you never know).

It is a regular routine we both follow.
I am not advocating this for everyone.
You have to weigh up what is right for you...no one can do it for you.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2020, 09:15   #318
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
My other half was ill after every flu jab.....and it starts within hours of getting it.

You have to weigh up what is right for you...no one can do it for you.
do not have the jab myself but i have heard of so many who get these symtoms after getting it. some have stopped and others carry on with it. when i do go for my mot every year they mention that i have turned it down but do not make an issue of it unlike asking me if i had thought of quitting smoking and telling me of the services they provide for it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2020, 10:07   #319
Beacon of light

I do not go to the GP's unless I am forced to.
I stay away because I would rather leave the appointments for those who are really ill.
I get a letter each year to tell me when the sessions are, but that goes in the bin.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-04-2020, 10:10   #320
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1239172]I do not go to the GP's unless I am forced to.
I stay away because I would rather leave the appointments for those who are really ill.

along with taking all prescribed medicines that have been issued to you the GP,s and hospitals might not be as busy once we get back to normal.
Old 16-04-2020, 12:19   #321
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just seen the Dept of Heath are gonna start a review into why ethnic minorities are being affected more by the virus? well watched a house in bradford the other day showing 9 people living in a small terrace house, there was hubby,wife, children, grandparents all living in it. so how the hell are you supposed to isolate then? if the need arises? this review is a complete waste of money to me, its obvious unless yer really thick what the score must be.
Old 17-04-2020, 01:36   #322

Have to say I've been having a flu jab every year for ages now, and thankfully I have not had any bad reaction nor have I had the flu. Whether this is by a happy coincidence or by the jab doing what it is supposed to do I'll never know. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now....
cashman likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2020, 09:09   #323
Beacon of light

Dorothy, I was once told by one of the researchers who worked for Astra Zeneca(big pharma) that the vaccine we used here was based on the prevalent viruses over on your side of the world during the previous winter in that hemisphere
So if that is true, then perhaps it worked better because of that.

By the time the winterflu gets here it has had months to mutate so that makes it a bit less effective.

They tell us here that if we have the vaccination and get sick, it is pure coincidence and not due to the vaccine.
I would be nclined to believe it if it did not happen after each jab.
That it does happen after each jab, has to mean that the jab is implicated(logical?)
Old 17-04-2020, 10:03   #324
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1239211]just seen the Dept of Heath are gonna start a review into why ethnic minorities are being affected more by the virus? well watched a house in bradford the other day showing 9 people living in a small terrace house, there was hubby,wife, children, grandparents all living in it. so how the hell are you supposed to isolate then?

however back in the world as it was we can learn something from the asian community about looking after their old folk. they look after them in their own homes and not chuck em into care homes as quickly as possible like a lot of us do.
Old 17-04-2020, 10:51   #325
Beacon of light

I think the study is not going to be looking at why Asians get this more that anyone else..it is going to be looking at why they are more likely to die from it.
Old 17-04-2020, 11:57   #326

That is really interesting, Margaret, re the flu vaccination and it certainly makes sense as apparently the flu itself does often mutate. I do know people who have had the jab and then some insidious illness has appeared - whether this is a coincidence or not and it would have happened anyway we will never know. However, it seems to have worked ok for me, so far at least.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2020, 13:13   #327
Beacon of light

well Dorothy..if it works for you then you keep doing it...that makes good sense.
Old 17-04-2020, 22:05   #328
Beacon of light

You might find this an interesting watch.
Old 18-04-2020, 12:27   #329
God Member

Very interesting listen, Margaret.
There’s also a follow-up from yesterday with initial results of Dr. Bhattacharya’s work.
Even more interesting, certainly more so than the hysteria coming out of the main stream media.

https://www.hoover.org/research/figh...y-bhattacharya

And this is a British ‘expert’ who seems to be saying the same thing.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...s-are-working/

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 18-04-2020 at 12:30.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 12:52   #330
Beacon of light

Thank you Exile....I feel like a voice calling in the wilderness.

There is also a video of a New York A &E Doctor who is questioning the use of ventilators in this pandemic.
He reckons that treating it like conventional pneumonia is flawed.....and that 60% of those ventilated die.....whatever country they are in, seems to underline this.
A Bradford hospital had ordered(from a local supplier) oxygen masks that deliver higher concentrations of oxygen rather than trying to force oxygen into the lungs(which it appears, is causing damage(?permanent).

Bill Gates says he will continue to write cheques to support the search for a vaccine(what a good guy he is)....well of course he will...he is in the pockets of the big pharma.

I am sounding more like MargaretR every day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..