Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2020, 11:16   #466
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

My concern is during all this hoo-ha is what bad news is being buried.
What is being hidden while all this furore is going on.

I really do not care about Dominic Cummings.
I take it that he did not go to his parents on public transport...he went cocooned in his car.
So who was at risk by this trip?

I have been in lockdown too...my Daughter(who is compromised) has not been out since The end of October....her family have not been out either....so obviously neither her family or mine are incubating anything....so why can I not go and spend time with her?

The other thing about this lockdown....it means that each of us has not been exposed to the usual occurring bacteria.....we have compromised our immunity by this action.
So when you do get to go for that pint(whether you social distance or not) you may find that you pick up whatever bug is doing the rounds(other than the Covid 19).

It has all been something of a fiasco....but I guess if you want to take something positive from this.....and I am thinking hard to come up with something........it might be that it was a learning experience.
I sure as hell have learned some interesting things....but we won't go into that here, after all it IS a family forum.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2020, 11:46   #467
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I really do not care about Dominic Cummings.
I take it that he did not go to his parents on public transport...he went cocooned in his car.
So who was at risk by this trip?
I don't care about the man, but I do care about a man of incompetence being in the position he is in, anyone so essential to government thinking and his family would have been looked after had the situation worsened without flouting his own rules.
At risk on the trip?

Anyone and everyone at any place they stopped as they made their journey.

If he stays in his position I hope everyone that was fined for flouting the lock down gets their money back and anyone that was warned gets a public apology because they obviously were of no risk to anyone either.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 12:19   #468
God Member

Pure political mouth-foaming ranting promoted by the Remainer media who have always despised Dominic Cummings for daring to help win the referendum for the majority of voters and, even worse, helped defeat their ‘magic grandpa’, Corbyn.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...lockdown-good/
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 12:36   #469
Beacon of light

Less...do you know for certain that they stopped along the way of this trip?
He may well have driven directly to his parents home...and if that was the case then he compromised no-one.

why is he incompetant....because he broke out of lockdown when he was one of the people who suggested that is what we should be doing?
He was challenged by the police and was not(to my knowledge) fined.(It was considered he had reasonable grounds for his actions)If there is no law against something, then why are people fined...no-one should have been fined and I am sure I read somewhere that a police force is having to give back the revenue they collected as fines because it was illegal for the fines to be issued

This is all just people who want rid of Dominic Cummings because they do not like the man or the way he operates.....the fact that he broke lockdown is judt a smokescreen for him to be deleted.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-05-2020 at 12:40.
Old 25-05-2020, 13:02   #470

Quote:
Less...do you know for certain that they stopped along the way of this trip?
He may well have driven directly to his parents home...and if that was the case then he compromised no-one.

why is he incompetant....because he broke out of lockdown when he was one of the people who suggested that is what we should be doing?
He was challenged by the police and was not(to my knowledge) fined.(It was considered he had reasonable grounds for his actions)If there is no law against something, then why are people fined...no-one should have been fined and I am sure I read somewhere that a police force is having to give back the revenue they collected as fines because it was illegal for the fines to be issued

This is all just people who want rid of Dominic Cummings because they do not like the man or the way he operates.....the fact that he broke lockdown is judt a smokescreen for him to be deleted.
You are of course correct if he didn't stop he may not have compromised anyone, however, do you know for certain he didn't stop?

He is incompetent because he is in a position where he should know how his actions may be looked upon and still undertook this journey (surely there were enough people where he works that he could have asked for advice?).

As for no law against it, there is no law against paragliding (a subject you brought up) but that guy was cautioned.

As for the ulterior motives of the politicos that are acting like a pack of wolves I give not a jot.
My concern is that if we are supposedly in this altogether then we must all be seen to be acting as one with those holding the greatest responsibilities showing us that they are part of the same team.
Greeny likes this.
Old 25-05-2020, 14:51   #471
Beacon of light

No of course I don't know whether hebdid or did not stop.
And of course, you know that.

You and I both know that the rules for them and us are different....however unpalatable that is...this is the real world.
As I said he was stopped by the police, but allowed to go on his way....seems it was a child care issue (and apparently both he and his wife self isolated for a period of time until they were better).

As for the police, they have acted like it is a police state on many occasions completely over stepping their remit...maybe this is because they misinterpreted the rules....maybe there were people they could have asked for advice.

And Less, you have lived long enough to know when someone in government says 'we are all in this together' they have their fingers crossed behind their backs.
Old 25-05-2020, 15:06   #472

Quote:
No of course I don't know whether hebdid or did not stop.
And of course, you know that.

You and I both know that the rules for them and us are different....however unpalatable that is...this is the real world.
As I said he was stopped by the police, but allowed to go on his way....seems it was a child care issue (and apparently both he and his wife self isolated for a period of time until they were better).

As for the police, they have acted like it is a police state on many occasions completely over stepping their remit...maybe this is because they misinterpreted the rules....maybe there were people they could have asked for advice.

And Less, you have lived long enough to know when someone in government says 'we are all in this together' they have their fingers crossed behind their backs.
Yes to all of that, here's a prediction for you though, our Prime Minister has tried to save face by backing this 'happy wanderer' but only to prevent losing face himself, as soon as the chance arrives lets say proof that he went walkabout while in isolation his boss will feed him to those wolves that are snapping at his heels.
Old 25-05-2020, 15:32   #473
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to me its pathetic some are making this a big issue when they have ignored Kinnocks lad did the same, Tariq Ali attended a funeral with approx 100 mourners the labour health sec went on picnic with his family. all during the lockdown and have basically ignored this.
Old 25-05-2020, 15:33   #474
Beacon of light

I am not sure what will happen I guess it depends how much pressure is brought to bear.

All I know is that we used to say at work RHIP
Rank has its privileges.
I know that should not be so...but it is.

The lockdown has done immeasurable harm to the country, the economy, to the mental health of the population and it has not been necessary for quite a while.
It was introduced(i'm sure you know this) to,prevent the NHS from being swamped.
The NHS is not swamped....so the lockdown is currently just a controlling issue.....government controlling the population by the use of fear.
Old 25-05-2020, 16:44   #475
God Member

Just finished listening to Dominic Cumming’s press inquisition and, if having to deal with such snide and sneering people as those media types is part of any job, I’d resign from it tomorrow. What a bunch of creeps.
He spent a good half hour explaining what he did and why he did it, none of the media listened to a word, they then asked the questions they’d written earlier in the morning, only for Cummings having to repeat everything he said in answer to those questions.
Apparently, according to one idiot interrogator, had Cummings stayed in London, in a house being besieged by media and thugs, and both he and his wife had contracted Covid, it would somehow have made lockdown easier for all single parents.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 17:24   #476
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

it was pathetic by the SCUM that write our papers.exile is spot on imho.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:24   #477

Do you suppose that maybe the press chosen to ask questions could have been picked to show them in a bad light thus increasing his chances of sympathy?
Old 25-05-2020, 18:26   #478
Beacon of light

They just want him gone....and it is nothing to do with the lockdown.
It is because he was instrumental in trashing the metropolitan bubble over other issues.....the middle classes have not got over the country seeking to cut themselves adrift from The EU and are seeking to extract revenge...well, that is how I see it anyway.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:28   #479
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

dont suppose anything i listened and made my own mind up.
Old 25-05-2020, 19:04   #480
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Do you suppose that maybe the press chosen to ask questions could have been picked to show them in a bad light thus increasing his chances of sympathy?
In a word NO.
Why would they want him to get any kind of fellow feeling....they are part of the baying mob.....media hype on overdrive....feeding the hard of thinking with the ideas they are supposed to have.
Nothing more, nothing less.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..