Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2020, 08:16   #616
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think everyone can tell their own story about people who have died in that citcumstance. know of someone with a terminal cancer, gone into a hospice due to that, yet his death was recorded as covid 19. there must have been some miracle of biblical proportions where he recovered from cancer but got the virus in a few days. without doing stuff like this the government could not have started their project fear.
Around March the Government overturned the law that was brought in after Dr.Shipman’s exploits and allowed death certificates to be signed by only one doctor and even if he/she had not known the deceased.

https://www.themdu.com/guidance-and-...id-19-outbreak

This was backed up by the BMA’s insurers telling doctors that they would be covered for any death that was recorded as down to Covid 19.
Go figure, as some would say.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2020, 09:07   #617
Beacon of light

PHE is withdrawing yesterday's Covid stats....this is said to be due to 'statistical flaws'.
Is that a euphemism for 'porkies'.

The whole situation regarding the figures is meant to bamboozle the fearful general public.
The 'R' number is a prime example of this.
If you went out and about and asked people what they understood by this number, I GUARANTEE that you would get a Gallic shrug, meaning most do not know.

Why is it that the powers that be use something to quantify the virus in terms that they know most people have no grasp of(and thus is very unlikely to be challenged)?....it is because they want the public to remain fearful, because fearful people comply with senseless rules.

It is only because I am still in touch with someone who works at RBH that I know just how many people were affected yesterday.

I have been taken to task by a couple forum members about what they see as my 'cavalier attitude'.....and that because of my past career it is assumed that I will be in favour of all these restrictions.
It is because of my past career that I know we are not always told the truth....but are told what is considered to be what is good for us.

The people who are setting the rules know not much more than the man in the street.(they are supposed to be experts, but in my book X marks the spot and a spurt is a drip under pressure)
And if I were organising some kind of party in a brewery I would not trust them to get it done effectively.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 09:29   #618
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i aint sure they were porkies, it is summat new and no-one had much of a clue about it is my view, to me they just did their best in crap circumstances, its easy to shove blame on anything, i have done it myself in days gone by.
Old 18-07-2020, 12:05   #619
Beacon of light

Ah Cashy, you are so trusting.
I appreciate that they were in what they called an 'unprecedented situation'....and yet it is not rocket science to tell people how many people in the country have been positively diagnosed with this virus....and tell them in terms that they would understand.
That they did not do this makes me suspicious.

The other thing that was wrong from the very start was, they knew that the infection was being imported on flights from other countries...and yet still they allowed flights to land and disgorge those who had been in China where the outbreak began....in fact two of the first people infected were a Chinese student and her mother who flew in from China.

Cashy, if it occurs to me, that this was just clearly wrong, then why did it not occur to these experts?

How does it makes sense to accommodate those who are suspected of having the virus in a district general hospital.

Patients who were suspected of having this should have been placed in quarantine away from their families. With dedicated staff that looked after only this kind of patient.

Again, this is just a 'common sense' measure. I know that common sense does not grow in everyone's garden.
Arrowe Park was set aside for some people....and they were not released until it was clear that they were free from infection....and I know that these were not patients as such, but those who were suspected of carrying the virus.(from a cruise ship if my memory serves me well...from abroad anyway)

A lot of time and effort was expended in setting up The Nightingale units....they have not been used.....so please don't tell me that it could not be done.

We are being fed information that is not true.....doctors can certify any death as being due to the virus.....so how is that being truthful.....and it should not be allowed.
Exile has provided proof of the advice given to Doctors, so this is not fake news.

In the end, everyone will believe what they are comfortable with....and whatever their beliefs are, they will do what they are comfortable with to ensure that they feel safe.

I have absolutely no issue with that...the issues I have are that I have observed the lockdown, I am still observing the rules, but I object to being told I must wear a face mask when this was NOT required at the start of the pandemic when the risks(if we believe what we are told) were greater.
So I won't be wearing one.
And no-one has asked what my strategy will be for not wearing a mask....I will not visit any shops until this useless rule is lifted.
I will still go out and about...just not to the shops.
It is a joyless pursuit right now anyway.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-07-2020 at 12:08.
Old 18-07-2020, 12:53   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What do you think Taddy?
Especially as in an earlier post I had said I respected our differences...and it was differences that stopped life from being boring.
If you though for one moment that I considered you a bad egg...then truly I would be disappointed.
Thanks Marge, I feel better now, (or maybe it's my first Hobgoblin kicking in).
Only joking, kind regards Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 13:08   #621
Beacon of light

Taddy, as if I would fall out with you....we are grown ups.
Grown ups do not go off in a sulk if someone does not agree with them...or in my world they don't.
You are not a chameleon, you do not need to take on the colour of my opinions for me to value your friendship.
Gremlin and taddy like this.
Old 18-07-2020, 13:10   #622
Beacon of light

PS....Taddy there is a rumour that a couple of Hobgoblins can cure anything!
Old 18-07-2020, 13:12   #623
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i have to say how yeh think i am trusting defeats me completely? never have been never will be, just think they were truly knackered with this virus, and i also think no government would have done any better.
Old 18-07-2020, 13:15   #624
Beacon of light

C'mon Cashy...can you not spot a 'tongue in cheek'comment ......I was being just a bit fly with you.(sorry..could not help myself)
I know you far too well(well, on here anyway).
You are like me...you tell it like it is.
Old 18-07-2020, 13:18   #625
Beacon of light

As for any other government doing better....looking at the calibre of those in Westminster right now.....I cannot fault you on that comment.

But there was a distinct lack of common sense....but just my opinion....and that counts for nowt.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-07-2020, 13:21   #626

Quote:
PS....Taddy there is a rumour that a couple of Hobgoblins can cure anything!
I may have said this before but a mate of mine told me years ago that if the bottom is falling out of your world just drink a few pints of real ale and the world will then fall out of your bottom. Ha.Ha.
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 13:33   #627
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
C'mon Cashy...can you not spot a 'tongue in cheek'comment ......I was being just a bit fly with you.(sorry..could not help myself)
I know you far too well(well, on here anyway).
You are like me...you tell it like it is.
no never spotted it, but then never expected it.
Old 18-07-2020, 13:34   #628
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
As for any other government doing better....looking at the calibre of those in Westminster right now.....I cannot fault you on that comment.

But there was a distinct lack of common sense....but just my opinion....and that counts for nowt.
Got to admit, the labour lot, right at the beginning claimed they would help The present Gov' in any way, however all they come out with is criticism (they claim it's positive criticism), I think though they are just trying to hide their recent bad past and hope the tories cock up so that they can convince enough mugs to vote them back in next time around.

I am a mug, but they will have to start giving real help to the present Gov' in a very tricky situation for me to think they are a leopard that has changed it's spots not just gone bald from anorexia.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 13:39   #629
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its ok slagging summat off if yeh got a good alternative which i never saw from Labour, mind never expected from a leader that covered rotherham,rochdale and saville up, when he was leader od the D.P.P. that finished me completely with them after a lifetime.
Old 19-07-2020, 08:09   #630
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington; I object to being told I must wear a face mask when this was NOT required at the start of the pandemic when the risks(if we believe what we are told) were greater.
So I won't be wearing one.
And no-one has asked what my strategy will be for not wearing a mask....I will not visit any shops until this useless rule is lifted.
I will still go out and about...just not to the shops.
It is a joyless pursuit right now anyway.[/QUOTE]

filled up yesterday with over a month of food for us and the dogs. did this in colne and i totally had enough of it half way round. every shop full of notices of do this, do that, do not touch this ask the totally bored shop assistant for help etc. etc. good job its free parking there as i,d have used my hour up reading notices at the first shop i visited. her in the kitchen was as sick as me and she loves shopping. next friday is face covering day and that on top of the rest of the stuff will push a few over the edge i think. with my quick temper they can shove the high street for the forseable future.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..