Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2021, 18:22   #2116
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Corona Virus

Just to highlight the impenetrable "logic & reasoning" behind Govt UKs corona thinking, The lass in our office & myself spent over 3 hours between us on line trying to muddle through the do's & don'ts & regs surrounding entry to UK.

Being "Freight", certain elements are waived, yet when applying said waivers are countermanded by another paragraph within another section, try ring through to speak to a "Human" & after 15 mins of Muzak you hang up in frustration.

So back to the formula, sign back in as you're timed out, plough through the process again, press option A, and away off into the ethernet bowels you go with further contradictions, so you scrub that return to the options & try the otheryin ...... again, off into the ether & contradictions. It seems I have to have a 2 day test, that must be booked & paid for (with no refund should things go pear shaped) prior to UK entry immaterial of my vacinnation status, without said test & code number confirmed & entered on my UK locator form, the process comes to a grinding halt & computer says "NO!"

The Govt supply a link to a non-affiliated list of test kit providers & off you go, go choose one ranging from GBP 20???? (allegedly) to, as old Buzz said "Infinity & beyond!!" There is a choice of options & they are as follows:-

Drop in centers with/without appointment results anywhere between 15 minutes or several days (think it depends on what you splash out)

Test kits administered at your place of quarantine by an "official" & your results duly noted & registered.

Test kits sent to your place of quarantine to self test, which you then send back to the centre & they will inform you in due course. (Test subject is suffering distemper & hardpad because they dragged it over the Mutts tongue, but it's not got Coviditus)

All well & good, but they also give no guarantee that these results will be accepted at whatever destination you may head off to if using them for travel purposes. But still, someone somewhere has raked in a few quid, the Govt will get their lb+ of flesh in the form of taxes from the testing centre, just as long as it's a UK based operation & of course the punter has been regally screwed ..... again!

If you think I'm taking the Pish, give it a try for the novelty & frustration value if you've got a couple of hours of your life you're not bothered about seeing again.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, I have to have a "Plague test" here too, not older than 72 hours, not to enter UK mind, don't need it for that, but my "Carrier" (Ferry/Coach/Aircraft) apparently won't let me board their transport for UK PLC if I don't present them with this invaluable document, of which in my previous 2 work trips this year, no one on either side has asked me for.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 10-08-2021 at 18:30.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2021, 21:45   #2117
Beacon of light

Son....the words Logic, Reasoning and Government should never be used in the same sentence...
Government has no logic...it only has out date computer modelling done by the likes of Neil Ferguson (a professor no less, but has got nothing right so far with his bogus figures).
Reasoning....the only reasoning they understand is that MP’s can do pretty much as they like....they can canoodle in their office while the rest of us are banned from hugging granny...double jabbed or not.
They can go to big meetings with other world leaders, but not follow their own rules.
They can send a minister all over the world to countries that are banned for the rest of us....and the minister has no need to quarantine on return....but for us to try to get a two week break on the costas.....well, in short it will cost us...time money and aggravation.

This is them playing with us.
The rules catch the little flies, but the big buzzards break through with no harm at all to them.
Forgive my jaundiced outlook...it seems that my latest batch of anti cynicism pills are a bit lacking in the active ingredients that dull my brain.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:05   #2118
God Member

all governments love bullshine but for the british its a national passtime.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 17:10   #2119
Beacon of light

Professor Sir Andrew Pollard of the Oxford Vaccine Group has been setting out some rules that he suggests the government should follow.
He suggests:- 1) an end to the testing of those without symptoms
2) and end to testing school children.
3) testing only those who have symptoms of illness
4) stopping the reporting of Covid statistics.
5) changing how statistics are reported
(statistics of those who go into hospital WITH the infection will be separated from those who develop the infection while in hospital for something else)

He has said that there is very little chance of developing 'herd immunity' because even the vaccinated may still get the illness.
That we need to learn to live with this virus and stop scaring ourselves to death.

Now that is reasoning, logic, and is seasoned by a good sprinkling of common sense...so it is highly likely that the government will ditch this in favour of more of the stuff presented by the likes of Neil Ferguson.

https://www.ovg.ox.ac.uk/team/andrew-pollard
The above link will take you to the credentials of this man.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-08-2021 at 17:13.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:50   #2120
God Member

doubt you,ll ever hear or see the name of that bloke ever again now. he,ll end up being discredited like others and we,ll end up with the usual suspects coming back spouting the latest party line to eventually end up in some honours list in the future.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:24   #2121
Beacon of light

Covid is a global propaganda operation - Asia Pacific Today

This video is worth a watch......and it may pose some interesting questions for you to consider.
There are some of you who will not agree with it....or will just not watch it, but if you do then you just might see that some of the things I have posted come from....even the remark (which was seriously misinterpreted) about Germany in the late 1930’s.

It also covers the derogatory terminology used for those who choose not to have a vaccination.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-08-2021 at 12:26.
Old 12-08-2021, 15:49   #2122

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1256140]peration/]Covid is a global propaganda operation -

This video is worth a watch......and it may pose some interesting questions for you to consider.
the things I have posted come from....even the remark (which was seriously misinterpreted) about Germany in the late 1930’s.

Oh, You are awful but I still like you.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 16:20   #2123
Beacon of light

If you watched the video through you will see that this academic made similar references.
That he also said that the government are not in the job to make life easier for us, but to follow agendas that can only be guessed about..none of them though are futures I want to contemplate.

Yes...I AM awful but I am consistent in my awfulness
Old 13-08-2021, 08:30   #2124
God Member

tried 3 times to download this without success. rarely have these difficulties and makes me wonder why.
Old 13-08-2021, 09:09   #2125
Beacon of light

I have checked this morning to see if it had been taken down, but it is still available.
So here is another link....just for you MH.

http://www.asiapacifictoday.tv/covid...nda-operation/

I have just checked it after I posted it and it works for me.
But if you cannot load it, then google Piers Robinson and it should lead you to his stuff.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 13-08-2021 at 09:11.
Old 13-08-2021, 09:30   #2126
God Member

tried but to no avail. his recent video does not seem to have been uploaded under his own name. thanks again though for your help. i,ll try later in the week.
Old 13-08-2021, 10:51   #2127
Beacon of light

You are welcome...I am sorry it does not work for you...I will try to find a different link...perhaps to the interviewer....and post that to make it easier.
It is interesting to note that Piers Robinson was a Professor of Political studies at Hallamshire university in Sheffield, but prior to this he was the head of MI6

If you google Mike Ryan + Piers Robinson....then it should bring up this interview.
Mike Ryan is tha Asia Pacific interviewer....a no nonsense Aussie guy.
Old 16-08-2021, 17:38   #2128
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
tried but to no avail. his recent video does not seem to have been uploaded under his own name. thanks again though for your help. i,ll try later in the week.

Maybe on you tube somewhere, that seems to cover a multitude of sins does that.
Old 16-08-2021, 21:31   #2129
God Member

Link worked fine for me. Interesting, and worrying. But then more and more people are beginning to wake up to the fact that this is no longer, if it ever was, just about a respiratory virus.
Btw, whilst on the subject of propaganda, I’ve always been very sceptical about Yougov surveys that consistently tell us a massive majority of ‘the public’ want more lockdowns, more masks, more restrictions. And guess what, Yougov, was founded by none other than our glorious vaccine minister Zahawi. QED

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 16-08-2021 at 21:34.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 08:51   #2130
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;
Btw, whilst on the subject of propaganda, I’ve always been very sceptical about Yougov surveys that consistently tell us a massive majority of ‘the public’ want more lockdowns, more masks, more restrictions. And guess what, Yougov, was founded by none other than our glorious vaccine minister Zahawi. QED[/QUOTE]

well i have still to meet any of these people who want all that to return. could be though that they know my stance on the subject so they keep quiet. same when brexit was the main issue of the time. never met a remainer.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..