Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2021, 10:11   #2146
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

I think that a first the project fear Covid campaign did scare people into complying.
But I think that the prolonged and confused way this virus has been reported has made people question the whole issue.
Remember we were told that rolling up,our sleeves, getting the jab(which does not conform to the definition of a vaccine because it isn’t one) would give us freedom….but here we are two years and three jabs down the line and we are being told that we have to comply with yet more restrictions.
And if we are naughty and do not do as we are told, then Christmas will be cancelled.

Australia has five cases of this variant…..and what do you know?
None of them have any symptoms at all.
Angelique Coetzee the medic who first recognised this mid November says that all the people she has treated have MILD symptoms…..so why the panic?
Viruses mutate….and as they do so their potency wanes.

Yes they still have the POTENTIAL to cause severe illness in some people who might be compromised by other co-morbiditues, but for the majority of the population it will not be a problem.
The government do not want us to think for ourselves…..they want us all to tie the line…take the jab(fills the coffers of their friend the puppet masters in big Pharma) and remain scared.
Fascism is alive and well and has many followers.

Oh, and I would like to say that I am not a dissident or an anarchist, I just do not like the way we are being played.
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2021, 09:29   #2147
God Member

one minute they say that the vaccinations may not fully work on the mandela variant and the next sentance they tell us to get vaccinated as quickly as possible. then the period of taking the booster has been reduced from 6 to 3 months after dose 2. then why was it not 3 months in the first place. all too much for a thick hartlepool lad is this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 14:27   #2148
Beacon of light

MH, I do not think you are thick….you are just asking the sensible question.
So far we have been asked to have three jabs(all of this in probably a little over a year)….those who are immune suppressed are being asked to have a fourth one….yet these jabs do not prevent you from getting the virus…or passing it on…..and it has given a number of people a few days of feeling thoroughly rotten after each jab…..for a virus that has a survival rate of 99.3%.
I have just looked at the ONS current stats….this shows infections are the same.
Hospital admissions are down.
Deaths remain similar.(remember it is flu season).
90% of the population have been jabbed.
90% of the population have antibodies.
So why the panic…?
And this government says it is following the science…pull the other one…it plays God Save the Queen.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 30-11-2021, 14:33   #2149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

they probably did not have enough vaccine early on to do after 3 months? thats my thought.
Old 30-11-2021, 14:35   #2150
Beacon of light

Cashy, you could very well be right.
It is going to put a lot of money into the coffers of those who make the stuff.
odders and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-11-2021, 20:52   #2151
Beacon of light

Oh yes….and you can’t see a GP if you are ill….you might get a paramedic or a nurse….but not a doctor…..yet GPS are going to be paid £15 for every jab they do and extra pay for working weekends.
This is for a jab that they tell us may not protect you.
Ludicrous.
odders and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-11-2021, 21:48   #2152

This government on the 23rd will bang us all in lockdown. The don't care for the people, its about spending cash now. It's a case of keeping everything open to the last minute. Prop up the economy now, and not bothered until next year. Let's see how many die again...

How many more U-turns before Christmas???
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 21:55   #2153

Doctors are still only seeing 40% of their patients. 90% until March will now suffer because they will be coining it in at some hub.

Giving pharmacists, free reign could help,

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...rrest-22322767

Last edited by odders; 30-11-2021 at 21:57.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:44   #2154
Beacon of light

No Odders…that is not good enough…and it puts tremendous pressure on people who are not paid to carry it.
A pharmacist does not have the luxury of your medical records and although highly trained, they are not Doctors.
The same with paramedics….and nurse practitioners….they do not have the depth of training to do the job of a doctor.

I rarely go to see a doctor, but if the need arose then I would want to see someone who had all my medical history to refer to.
odders likes this.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:45   #2155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh yes….and you can’t see a GP if you are ill….you might get a paramedic or a nurse….but not a doctor…..yet GPS are going to be paid £15 for every jab they do and extra pay for working weekends.
This is for a jab that they tell us may not protect you.
Ludicrous.
if i could just get somebody who knows more about medical stuff than i do i,d be very happy indeed. there is a limit on how long you can stay on the phone waiting for it being answered. said for months now that other illnesses are still available.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:48   #2156
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;….yet these jabs do not prevent you from getting the virus…or passing it on…..and it has given a number of people a few days of feeling thoroughly rotten after each jab…..for a virus that has a survival rate of 99.3%.

or just the same as it does with the vast majority who catch it in the first place.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:46   #2157
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if i could just get somebody who knows more about medical stuff than i do i,d be very happy indeed. there is a limit on how long you can stay on the phone waiting for it being answered. said for months now that other illnesses are still available.
Why should you be satisfied with just ‘someone who knows more about medical stuff’ than you do MH?
Someone might know more than you, but miss something that means your illness is something serious….something life changing or life shortening.
Who is going to compensate you for them missing the signs….and not just that…think of the weight of responsibility that this person is not being paid for….but the doctor IS.

When I was working there was a drive to get. Nurses to do jobs that had long been the domain of doctors….many nurses rushed to train up to do these jobs.
And yes, it is good to improve your skills…but who is doing the work that the nurse should be doing while she is taking on something that a doctor is trained and paid to do?
The patient still needs to be bathed, taken to the toilet, catheterised, their dressing renewed, their wound sutures removed….and sure as hell the Doc is not going to do it.

So No….I cannot believe that you want just anyone to see you and make a differential diagnosis.
You want someone who you trust is skilled enough to do this.
It takes ten years to train someone to be a GP.
That should say it all.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-12-2021, 17:06   #2158
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sajid javid is urging people to be sensible during christmas everyone should have been that since this virus started unless they are stupid is my view,whatever your view on this that dont matter stupidity may kill.

Last edited by cashman; 01-12-2021 at 17:09.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 17:23   #2159
Beacon of light

Of course…that is what they want you to think…..this new variant may have the ability to infect more people, but from all accounts where it has been prevalent (and it has been recognised as such for ten days or so in South Africa)…it has proved to have only mild symptoms.

The Delta variant is still by far the more common variant…..and those who have been vaccinated….and maybe had the booster are better placed to be protected.
Yet there are still a number of people who have picked this up(?)….remember it is the flu season and flu is a potential killer too…..our immune systems have been allowed to rest by not being in contact with people…..so make what you will of that.
Flu and Covid symptoms are very very similar…..and isn’t it amazing that last year flu disappeared.

The ONS stats show that we are being misled.
Old 01-12-2021, 17:26   #2160
Beacon of light

And Cashy, unfortunately stupidity does not kill.
Look around you there are a lot of stupid people who are not just surviving, they are thriving!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..