Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2021, 17:05   #2026
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Every day we get out of bed...life is a risk.
And of course....you have to determine what is the right level of risk for you.
But there is no such thing as a risk free life.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2021, 07:49   #2027
God Member

before the virus there will have been loads of people with one or more of the covid syptoms especially in the present hay fever season. i get a touch of that so many days i wake up with a sore throat, sniffles, sneezes and sometimes headaches if i sleep too deeply. people just got up and got on with it. now they are convinced they have caught the virus. then you have the kids who are doing stuff to get positive tests till they can have more time off school. thats if they get there in the first place as they know what to say to their parents to get off school. cannot blame em as i wish this had been around when i was a kid. only had the old banana trick to rely on. eating one knowing it would make me sick in about 30 minutes to get another day off.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:50   #2028
Beacon of light

I have Hay fever too....but I know that it IS that because I do not have any muscle aches and no raised temperature.....sometimes I am sneezy, sometimes it is my eyes that prickle and water....but I would not have a test on these symptoms....they are the usual ones I get every year.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:52   #2029
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
only had the old banana trick to rely on. eating one knowing it would make me sick in about 30 minutes to get another day off.

There's a novelty, a Monkey that can't cope with Narnas!
Old 03-07-2021, 11:03   #2030
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Every day we get out of bed...life is a risk.
And of course....you have to determine what is the right level of risk for you.
But there is no such thing as a risk free life.
To be honest i have NEVER regarded life as a risk? i have always enjoyed it the best i can.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:52   #2031
Beacon of light

I am glad that you have always enjoyed your life Cashy. That is exactly what life is about, but every single activity that we pursue has an element of risk attached to it.
While you may not realise this(maybe because the risks are so small)...it is true.

I would hazard a guess that you have home insurance and life insurance.
Why?
I will tell you..it is just in case something happens that is out of your control....something that is a risk.
When you go on jaunts abroad...you get travel insirance don't you?
again this is to protect you from unwanted and unforseen happenings...otherwise known as 'risks'.

While I was working I was a risk assessor for our unit....and there ARE risks in everything that we undertake daily...however small...they are there.

However, this does not mean that I do not enjoy life...or that you should not enjoy what you do...because many of those risks pose very little threat to us.

Covid has a recovery rate of 99.3% this means in real terms that the risk(of dying) is low.
Because you have taken advantage of the vaccination program it is even less of a risk for you.
Old 03-07-2021, 13:11   #2032
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

we do have insurance yep but thats just life to me,but as to worry about stuff not a hope in hell.
Old 03-07-2021, 15:13   #2033
Beacon of light

Cashy, having insurance is to hedge your bets against the risks life has.
It is the sensible action of protecting yourself against the risks.

Nowhere did I say or imply that these risks worried you...in fact I said that most of the risks we encounter daily are negligible.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:32   #2034
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255059]

While I was working I was a risk assessor for our unit....and there ARE risks in everything that we undertake daily...however small...they are there.

However, this does not mean that I do not enjoy life...or that you should not enjoy what you do...because many of those risks pose very little threat to us.

a lot of what we do has always been risky. its just that we do not bother about them and are part of our lives. when we cross a road we look out and listen for traffic and not just walk across it. there will always be freak accidents that you have no power to do anything about. however there seem to be an increasing amount of people around who live in fear of anything that may or may not happen and nothing you can say will ever alter their opinions.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:36   #2035
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
There's a novelty, a Monkey that can't cope with Narnas!
thats the first time in many years i have just realised that. mind you i,m a non vegitarian, non fruit eating species. get that bacon on i,m hungry.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 21-07-2021, 09:11   #2036
God Member

whats everyones take on the so called freedom day. for me nothing has really changed. went for my 6 month eye check up and their regulations are exactly the same. london transport for the unfortunates that have to exist down there still the same. some supermarkets attempting to make non muzzle weares feeling uncomfortable. there must be other things i have missed or not encountered. makes me wonder who is running the country. anyone who went their own way when the regulations came in were quickly fined but now they are cancelled it seems you can doo what you want with no opposition. surely you cannot have it both ways.
Old 21-07-2021, 12:41   #2037
Beacon of light

It seems that those who complained about wearing masks, are still wearing them.
I have been on public transport for the first time since the pandemic started....I think there were only three people not wearing masks.....and the bus was full.
I have no issues with those who think they will be safer wearing their mask....even though I would guess that all of those on the bus today were double jabbed....they obviously are not confident in the ability of this vaccine(?) to protect them.

I have not worn a mask from the outset...I have a medical exemption....I felt that once all this people who felt they were at risk, had been jabbed, they would ditch this badge of compliance...but no....they complain, but continue to wear masks.
So...like you I feel that little has changed.
I admit I did not try going in a pub and going to the bar to order food or drink.....maybe that has changed.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-07-2021, 14:22   #2038
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i have never stopped using public transport,though have been on bus yesterday wearing my mask,not cos i have no faith in the vaccine simply cos i do not wish some cretin to give me the virus, i am aware of someone who has been double jabbed to have it.
Old 21-07-2021, 14:29   #2039
Beacon of light

So although you say you trust the vaccine...you clearly do not.
And it is just as likely that the person that can give you the virus is double jabbed too.

So just what is the point of having the vaccine(?) then....oh yes, you get sick but you don’t die(or at least that is the hope)
A vaccine that does not prevent you from getting the virus and does not stop you from passing it on...well, that is not a vaccine.
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Old 21-07-2021, 15:27   #2040
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So although you say you trust the vaccine...you clearly do not.
And it is just as likely that the person that can give you the virus is double jabbed too.

So just what is the point of having the vaccine(?) then....oh yes, you get sick but you don’t die(or at least that is the hope)
A vaccine that does not prevent you from getting the virus and does not stop you from passing it on...well, that is not a vaccine.
i will not get it badly if i do i reckon but i do not want it simple as.and i assume some cretin can give it me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..