Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2021, 00:06   #1951

Re: Corona Virus

Guinness you ask if the vaccines work - who knows, only time will tell. It seems to me to be trial and error, the worry being that an error might rear its ugly head in time to come.

It is a 'wait and see' regarding the possible reduction of the spread. Would that be reduced anyway if people did the right thing re hygiene and spacing? We are told that even vaccinated people can still be contagious.

To be honest, if I was really ill the last thing I would ask the person taking care of me would be if they had been vaccinated or not.

Guinness, you probably think I am being very negative about this, but how can a person be confident when conflicting information is continually being given out by those in authority. That is how it is over here, at any rate. It's like they are still somewhat in the dark about the effects (good and/or bad) of the virus and the vaccines, I just wish someone would switch on the light.
monkey hanger likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2021, 08:36   #1952
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
But...you have taken great pains into evidencing why you believe that the vaccines do not work? You cannot have it both ways.

Do the vaccines work? Yes or No

Do the tests reduce the likelihood of the spread? Yes or No?

Do you want to be cared for by someone who has refused both test and vaccine?
No, I did nothing of the sort.
Conventional vaccines work...but all of the current jabs being rolled out do not fit that category....and the companies who make them warn that you may still get the infection and pass it on...a true vaccine prevent that.
The evidence does not come from me...it comes from those who manufacture this product.As to the tests...no I do not think they do anything other than give people s sense of security(whether that is real or not...I let you decide that one because you will anyway.

And as to the last question...well did you not take note of the last time you asked this?

I do not care if the person caring for me in my hour of need has had either.
I just hope they will be competent, kind and compassionate.

And so glad you managed to fill your keepnet...because without your so called ‘bait’ forums like this would die....and you have stimulated something of a debate.
dotti34, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2021, 09:01   #1953
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1254704]No, I did nothing of the sort.
Conventional vaccines work...but all of the current jabs being rolled out do not fit that category....and the companies who make them warn that you may still get the infection and pass it on...a true vaccine prevent that.
The evidence does not come from me...it comes from those who manufacture this product.As to the tests...no I do not think they do anything other than give people s sense of security(whether that is real or not...I let you decide that one because you will anyway.

well my head has been swimming for months now. the vaccine will see us through this was the line. well over half the adult population have had it and we are not much further near normality than we were without it. the reason for this is the present vaccine only reduces the risk of passing it on, being really ill or die if you get it. it certainly is not the magic bullet in ending the virus as a lot thought it would be.
dotti34 likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2021, 09:06   #1954
God Member

[QUOTE=dotti34;1254696]

To be honest, if I was really ill the last thing I would ask the person taking care of me would be if they had been vaccinated or not.

did anyone a few years ago ask people if they had Aids or where Hiv positive when they were having any treatment whatsoever.
Old 20-06-2021, 09:27   #1955
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Wish this was a fishing competition, cos I baited and filled my keepnet

Yet you forgot to mend the whopping great hole in the bottom of it,so all your little fishes have gotten out, come the weigh in fella, you'll be standing with an empty net.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 20-06-2021, 09:54   #1956
Beacon of light

How do you get it through to people that if they are vaccinated....and they must have got the vaccine because they feel it will protect them, then a person who is unvaccinated poses no real risk to them.

Monkeyhanger, you are right...we were all being told that the vaccine would unlock normal life.....and even though a great many vaccines have been given and many of the population...especially the elderly and vulnerable were double jabbed weeks ago.
So what, exactly, is the reason why we are all locked up ?

What about all those who caroused at the Euros....who came down from Scotland....jigged about, massless and not a bit of social distancing to be seen.
Will Wee Krankie let them go back home?
Will they need to quarantine after being on infection ridden English soil?
Just asking!
dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-06-2021, 05:40   #1957

Be careful what you wish for, Guinness, some fishes have a sting in their tail.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2021, 08:24   #1958
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

these vaccines where rushed out no question, as far as im concerned they are ok, i certainly do not want to end up like my old mate,if people want to be suckers thats up to them. no one has the right to tell people.
Old 21-06-2021, 09:31   #1959
Beacon of light

Cashy, no one has the right to tell people what?
That they have to have this jab? Regardless of the possibility that it MIGHT not stop you getting the infection....and that it MIGHT not stop you from passing it on.
That you still need to take these PCR tests that are not an adequate diagnostic tool.
That this jab MIGHT have longer term side effects....side effects that even the manufacturers know nothing about...but are protected against ANY legal action being brought against them.
These jabs have not gone through the usual range of trials...the trials that are outlined by the companies that make them.....so we have all become part of the LabRat UK test program.
Even those who have declined the jab are included, because every trial has to have a ‘control group’ so that is their role.

Everyone makes their own choice about the jab, but those who have had the jab must have had it because they feel that it offers protection(of sorts) so why should they be worried about those who have exercised their choice, not to have the jab, because they feel it has been rushed, is not protection, and they are left not reassured by the fact that there is NO comeback if things go wrong.

That you feel they are OK is what influenced your decision.
Do not take away the choice from those who feel it is not OK...for whatever reason.
There are very good reasons not to trust those in power because they have not been truthful during all of this.
dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 21-06-2021 at 09:33.
Old 21-06-2021, 10:09   #1960
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

no one has the right to tell people they have to have the jab,simple as with me,if after they suffer consequences then tough. both ways,
Old 21-06-2021, 10:21   #1961
Beacon of light

So are you saying that if you were to develop.....say a clotting disorder that affected you for the rest of your life, as a result of having the jab...you would consider it ‘tough’?

I hope this jab protects you and you suffer no ill effects....and this goes for others too that have had the jab.
Old 21-06-2021, 10:23   #1962
God Member

if there was a few more WILLS about instead of all the MIGHTS i might have a difference stance on the whole subject.
Old 21-06-2021, 11:15   #1963
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So are you saying that if you were to develop.....say a clotting disorder that affected you for the rest of your life, as a result of having the jab...you would consider it ‘tough’?

I hope this jab protects you and you suffer no ill effects....and this goes for others too that have had the jab.
couldnt careless cos i do not think that will happen at all.
Old 21-06-2021, 12:20   #1964
Beacon of light

I sincerely hope you are right.

In the US there have been well recorded(and published) Unwanted Medical Events(to you and me, that means side effects).
Not least of these is Myocarditis in young recipients of one of the jabs.
Here, we are told by Nanny....'shush, shush...there is nothing to worry about' so that has to be alright, hasn't it?
Just because a drug company tells you something is safe does not mean that it is.
Primodos...
Thalidomide....
Both were deemed safe for years....it was not the case.
But as long as you feel secure in the effects of this jab, then that is all that really matters.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 21-06-2021 at 12:28.
Old 21-06-2021, 13:05   #1965
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i take little notice of anything the USA says, i listened to a chinese lady doctor the other day who was designated to find the cause of the Wuhan Virus, which she did and discovered it was created by the lab,NOT in a street market, which i recall Trump said that and was denigrated for it? seems his info was correct, this poor woman has had to flee China and will never again be able to see her parents and family.she was on a video link from the U.S.A.i find it very funny the media has never mentioned this. probably cos they are against the truth coming out if someone they do not like say it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..