Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2021, 18:21   #1906

Re: Corona Virus

You can by-pass a lot of the pretend so-called security (that is often easily defeated), by avoiding an insidious Operating System that actively snoops on users and their every move i.e. Google Android (modified Linux) or Apple OS.

Do this by simply switching to a Linux (different Variants available) Phone in which you set everything how you like and it doesn't spy on you or pester you with ad's. You can clearly see all this at a Granular Level by examining the Source Code (not the Machine Code).

Yeah, not being part of the Google EcoSystem does have i's drawbacks. Not all App's you're accustomed (Brainwashed), to using are available and some others have Development Issues.

You can set concessions to set absolutely top-priority Google apps to work (e.g Maps, because alternatives currently available need work). As usual, there are many work-around's.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2021, 21:10   #1907

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
No I don’t get a ‘free’ PCR test but isn’t your argument merely accepting another step on the road to privatised medicine?
Wouldn’t another option have been to give everyone a ‘free’ test.

Not that there is such a thing as a ‘free’ service, we taxpayers (and those to come for several decades) are paying for it all.
Nothing to do with privatized medicine, that's a total red herring.. people have had to pay for a variety of vaccines for the 30+ years I've been travelling abroad under various governments, as an example try turning up at the airport (even pre-covid) to travel to Mexico without a vaccine that you've had to pay for..

And you negate your own argument.. you accept that necessary tests are not really free.. they have to be paid for by the taxpayer

Yet your option is that the taxpayer pays for my family to go on holiday this year because I choose to go to Venice instead of Whitby

Understatement alert! This government have made mistakes...this isn't one of them
Old 29-05-2021, 08:34   #1908
Beacon of light

All the emphasis being placed on PCR tests is flawed.
The population believe, and have been encouraged to believe that these tests will determine whether or not you are carrying the virus.
The PCR tests are not specific to the Covid 19 virus and will prove positive in those who have recently had a viral infection of any nature....and this may have been weeks or months ago.

The rise in the number of tests corresponds with the rise in ‘cases’.
Except if a clinician received a positive test, but the patient who had the test had NO symptoms....the clinician would not call that a ‘case’....it is much more likely that he would question the tests validity.
The PCR test is an amplification test so if the amplifications are set high then tests will show a positive result even in a person who is essentially negative of the disease.

It would be helpful if the figures of cases were given reflecting how many of the positive results produced symptoms in those being tested.
But of course that is not on the government agenda...they want a cowed population because it easy to manipulate those who are fearful.

There is always going to be a variant that could keep us under house arrest....and now June 21st is being threatened.
Now, even Stevie Wonder could see that one coming.
dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2021, 08:52   #1909
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

It would be helpful if the figures of cases were given reflecting how many of the positive results produced symptoms in those being tested.
But of course that is not on the government agenda...they want a cowed population because it easy to manipulate those who are fearful.

There is always going to be a variant that could keep us under house arrest....and now June 21st is being threatened.
Now, even Stevie Wonder could see that one coming.[/QUOTE]

its come down now to the population who cannot wait to tell people that they have the virus with positive systems. wether they have or something else they do not know. they are not ill but more under the weather a bit like they will have been many more times in their lives. its as if they should be issued with a badge because of having it and quickly recovered. any reports of a death in a nearby town is a news item if its covid related. if you die of cancer or a heart attack then thats it. only family and friends know about a second class death. die of covid after the fight you had with it seems to trump any other death we have ever witnessed in peace time.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 20:43   #1910
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I know you lot in UK are doing far better than the rest of europe in getting back to normal, but I was proper chuffed yesterday evening to have my "First" draught Beer in over 7 months, out in public, amongst friends, yeah I know, nothing phenomenal or earth shattering ...... but the simple pleasure of being able to do it really is such a marvellous feeling.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 05-06-2021, 23:41   #1911

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
All the emphasis being placed on PCR tests is flawed.
The population believe, and have been encouraged to believe that these tests will determine whether or not you are carrying the virus.
The PCR tests are not specific to the Covid 19 virus and will prove positive in those who have recently had a viral infection of any nature....and this may have been weeks or months ago.

The rise in the number of tests corresponds with the rise in ‘cases’.
Except if a clinician received a positive test, but the patient who had the test had NO symptoms....the clinician would not call that a ‘case’....it is much more likely that he would question the tests validity.
The PCR test is an amplification test so if the amplifications are set high then tests will show a positive result even in a person who is essentially negative of the disease.

Now, even Stevie Wonder could see that one coming.
Even accepting your premise about the tests being flawed..

Your point is that the PCR tests show people who are likely to have a virus.

Frankly, it doesn't really matter if its a flu virus, a covid virus or mumps..you should still isolate so that you don't infect anyone else...and as you well know having no symptoms does not preclude you from carrying the virus. As for amplification, surely its best if the bar is set high rather than low (drink/drive/drug tests anyone)

It's logical that the rise in the number of tests will lead to a rise in the number of positives....clinicians have not been in a position to question validity, they have been under extreme pressure in an unprecedented emergency situation with no previous guidance or evidence to work from

I'm no fan of Boris but he is a liberal conservative who is not at all happy about lockdowns and restrictions. I really cannot see a hidden government agenda. I've checked the worldometer coronovirus website regularly and I think our government has, over the past 12 months, been more honest than most
taddy likes this.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:48   #1912

Here’s something that should bring a laugh. The other day, South Australia’s top health official was defending the decision to allow an Australian Rules Football team to travel from Victoria (where presently there is another lockdown) to Adelaide to play a league game, even though the South Australian borders are presently closed to Victorians. Anyone who has watched this game will know that the ball is handled as much as it is kicked and this lady said ‘We are looking at the ball and occasionally this gets kicked into the crowd. If you are at Adelaide Oval and the ball is coming at you my advice to you is to duck and do not touch that ball’. Right!
monkey hanger likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:01   #1913
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Here’s something that should bring a laugh. The other day, South Australia’s top health official was defending the decision to allow an Australian Rules Football team to travel from Victoria (where presently there is another lockdown) to Adelaide to play a league game, even though the South Australian borders are presently closed to Victorians. Anyone who has watched this game will know that the ball is handled as much as it is kicked and this lady said ‘We are looking at the ball and occasionally this gets kicked into the crowd. If you are at Adelaide Oval and the ball is coming at you my advice to you is to duck and do not touch that ball’. Right!
well you know now where the firm Duck & Cover gets its name from.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 14-06-2021, 15:10   #1914
God Member

What a pathetic bunch of mugs we’ve become. We’ve scared ourselves into dumb obedience whilst our masters just laugh at our gullibility.
One rules for the plebs, no rules for the rulers.
https://lockdownsceptics.org/2021/06...economy-burns/
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7D83DB48-6BDD-44B4-A23B-7810A4FC7095.jpeg (76.1 KB, 10 views)
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2021, 18:13   #1915
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Even accepting your premise about the tests being flawed..

Your point is that the PCR tests show people who are likely to have a virus.

Frankly, it doesn't really matter if its a flu virus, a covid virus or mumps..you should still isolate so that you don't infect anyone else...and as you well know having no symptoms does not preclude you from carrying the virus. As for amplification, surely its best if the bar is set high rather than low (drink/drive/drug tests anyone)

It's logical that the rise in the number of tests will lead to a rise in the number of positives....clinicians have not been in a position to question validity, they have been under extreme pressure in an unprecedented emergency situation with no previous guidance or evidence to work from

I'm no fan of Boris but he is a liberal conservative who is not at all happy about lockdowns and restrictions. I really cannot see a hidden government agenda. I've checked the worldometer coronovirus website regularly and I think our government has, over the past 12 months, been more honest than most
Yes Guinness, you are right.
The PCR test might show someone who has particles of viral protein....it does NOT diagnose Covid 19.
This does not mean they have the virus.....they may be remnants of a past infection....but it is not necessarily an active infection...of any kind.

Yes, people who are incubating illness can be infective before they exhibit symptoms....but if someone told you that you were positive for the mumps virus....or an influenza virus it would be vastly different to being told that you tested positive for Covid 19.
But, then there is only one way to determine whether you have Covid 19...or indeed have had this infection.....and that is antibody specific screening.

As for clinicians not being in the position to question the validity of the results of the tests....how many of those who have tested positive have actually been seen by a clinician?
The answer to that would be those who exhibited symptoms severe enough to get them into a hospital bed.....and not the thousands who are tested and get a positive result....are not ill....and seen by nobody with medical qualifications.

So yes...in that respect you are right...clinicians have not been able to challenge the test results.....We are going to be living with this for a long time to come.

We have been misled from the outset.....even the figures of death from(not with) this infection have been manipulated to keep the population compliant.....and to scare people into getting a vaccine which is not a vaccine at all......a vaccine prevents you from getting the disease and stops you from passing it on....this vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting it, it may stop you from dying from it....and it does not stop you from transmitting it.

As for there being no government agenda....well, if that is what you believe.
What makes you think that the sources you keep checking are telling you the truth?
A lot of information that we could view at the beginning of this situation is now suppressed....and if you do not conform to the global party line...or even question the global party line, then you are labelled ‘conspiracy theorist’.
They do not want any divergence from what we are expected to believe.

It will all come out in the wash...at some point. I might not be here to see it, but that matters not.

I do not expect anyone to agree with me....I do not really care if they do not.
This has been an exercise in population control and coercion.
Old 14-06-2021, 18:18   #1916
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i do not believe that at all sorry.
Old 14-06-2021, 19:08   #1917
Beacon of light

No need to be sorry Cashy.
I did not expect you to.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 15-06-2021, 10:27   #1918
God Member

this is not the first time people who have a different view have been silenced. this first started with the climate change debate. if a scientist agrees with the position they want to take they become experts. those who have equal knowledge on the subject are classed as kranks and deniers of the subjects they do not agree on. the majority of us have no clue whatsoever about many subjects but not allowing any serious debate on them just cannot be right. i,ll listen to both sides but do not want just one side of anything being rammed down my throat on a daily basis.
Old 16-06-2021, 02:08   #1919

I am like you, monkey hanger, I think a debate should be thought-provoking with views from all sides being listened to with consideration and debated/discussed intelligently, whether out in the general community or on Accy Web.

With regard to postings on Accy Web, in my opinion one-liners have no substance, no reasoning to them, other to say the poster either agrees or disagrees on the subject matter – but not why this is so? By not elaborating this makes it more like a survey (tick the ‘yes’ box if you agree, the ‘no’ box if you disagree) without sharing the reckoning. What does it add to the debate, to the thread – absolutely nothing.

Of course we are all entitled to our own opinions but to get to the point of having an opinion surely much thought has gone into it before we make comment. The postings that have depth to them by explaining the reasoning behind the poster’s opinion are the ones that I, for one, find the most interesting. They make for a good debate, a good discussion, they make you think - and wouldn’t life be boring if we all agreed on everything.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 09:05   #1920
God Member

think writing replies are actually harder than having a face to face discushion on a subject. i have always found it difficult to broaden the subject when writing and have been told in the past i need to put a bit of meat on the bones. just me i suppose where the other half is completly opposite in using 100 words where 10 of mine would do. thank goodness we are all different. well we are at the moment but the future aint that bright.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..