Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2021, 09:46   #1831
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Clearly, you thought wrong then.

And by next year it may be possible to travel to more places. Places where a beach holiday is possible...where children can enjoy the facilities as much as their parent.

That you are going to one of these listed countries does not mean that the majority of holidaymakers would choose to go to any of these.

As my previous post says...most want to go to known and trusted holiday destinations
we have 4 holidays booked at the moment next year we are going to iceland and northern norway cos we want too not the fact its listed.it was booked before any pandemic

Last edited by cashman; 12-05-2021 at 09:48.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2021, 09:59   #1832
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
we have 4 holidays booked at the moment next year we are going to iceland and northern norway cos we want too not the fact its listed.it was booked before any pandemic
well you,ll enjoy iceland. met a few of different ages who have been there and non have had anything bad to say about the place. they knew it would not be like benidorm or be as cheap as chips before they went.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:41   #1833

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1253847]Is that code for nicking stuff from fields & farmer Giles trust box?

Only if its in Merseyside !
DaveinGermany likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:29   #1834
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Enjoy those breaks Cashy....are they cruises by any chance?
One of our lads worked in the Scandinavian countries....all of them, at one time or another...he liked the places but not the food.
He used to pack supplies to take with him.
This is over thirty years ago now so I reckon there might have been some changes.

Iceland does not appeal to me, nor does Norway.....but I hope you both have a lovely time on your breaks.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:33   #1835
Beacon of light

This country has vaccinated 53.5 million people.
18 million have had both vaccinations....by the time the holiday season comes around that will have risen quite a bit.
So why the reticence at allowing folk to have holidays in Europe?(if that is what they want).
Old 12-05-2021, 14:15   #1836
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Enjoy those breaks Cashy....are they cruises by any chance?
One of our lads worked in the Scandinavian countries....all of them, at one time or another...he liked the places but not the food.
He used to pack supplies to take with him.
This is over thirty years ago now so I reckon there might have been some changes.

Iceland does not appeal to me, nor does Norway.....but I hope you both have a lovely time on your breaks.
yep we have been norway before it is expensive but we love it.
Old 12-05-2021, 14:17   #1837
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
This country has vaccinated 53.5 million people.
18 million have had both vaccinations....by the time the holiday season comes around that will have risen quite a bit.
So why the reticence at allowing folk to have holidays in Europe?(if that is what they want).
its very understandable to me europe are way behind us in them, and e.u people go to the places we do.
Old 12-05-2021, 15:33   #1838
Beacon of light

Yes, but vaccinated travellers are protected aren’t they?
And I am sure they are taking sensible precautions in Spain and France.....my niece has just been to Seville from Brussels where she is working.....I am sure she would not risk her health....but then again she is in the age group that seem not to susceptible.

If you were unvaccinated then of course you would not go.

I would not go anywhere in a plane vaccinated or not.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 12-05-2021, 15:42   #1839
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yes, but vaccinated travellers are protected aren’t they?
And I am sure they are taking sensible precautions in Spain and France.....my niece has just been to Seville from Brussels where she is working.....I am sure she would not risk her health....but then again she is in the age group that seem not to susceptible.

If you were unvaccinated then of course you would not go.

I would not go anywhere in a plane vaccinated or not.
im under the impression that if you are vaccinated you can still pass it on if you get a mild dose? nothing to say who will get it at a mild dose?
Old 12-05-2021, 16:11   #1840
Beacon of light

So...not protection then?
If it is not protection, then it is not a vaccine in the true sense of the word.

So, why have it if it does not do what a vaccine is supposed to do?
Old 12-05-2021, 18:01   #1841
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

that to me is silly it stops you getting a bad version of it. or does that not matter to some?
Old 12-05-2021, 18:39   #1842
Beacon of light

It may not stop you from getting it.....and you can still be passing it on.....so it is not a vaccine.
Smallpox vaccine stops you from getting it...polio vaccine stops you from getting polio....but the Covid vaccine will only (maybe) ensure you get a milder dose....so it then becomes a treatment rather than a vaccine.
Old 12-05-2021, 18:46   #1843
God Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1B964408-C0D3-4F86-9A0F-4E84DB3B6AB1.jpeg (25.2 KB, 8 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 19:06   #1844
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
It may not stop you from getting it.....and you can still be passing it on.....so it is not a vaccine.
Smallpox vaccine stops you from getting it...polio vaccine stops you from getting polio....but the Covid vaccine will only (maybe) ensure you get a milder dose....so it then becomes a treatment rather than a vaccine.
who cares if thats what it does? beats the hell outa me.
Old 12-05-2021, 20:08   #1845
Beacon of light

I hope it does not beat the hell out of you. I quite like that you still have some hell in you!

And they are, (Come September) going to be giving this vaccine(that is not a vaccine) to 12 year olds...who are unlikely to get Coronavirus....so what is the rationale behind that then.

Because it surely is not to prevent transmission since this vaccine does not guarantee to prevent transmission.
Cashy..it does not make sense to me..but since you feel more secure having had this protection(that may not protect you from transmitting the infection...and may not stop you from getting it either...though milder) I accept your viewpoint.
dotti34 likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-05-2021 at 20:11.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..