Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2021, 10:27   #1786
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Definitely a cowardly approach, we take the easy way out instead of trying to make a difference.
do not think its cowardly but more of a realistic approach to a situation. more of what really can i do about the situation than i fear of doing something. imagine living somewhere like say barnsley in the general election if you do not want labour in. whats the point of getting worked up about a change of government when you have a 20 odd thousand majority against you.
taddy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2021, 10:29   #1787
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Margaret, your input into AccyWeb is always well thought out and backed by actual fact, not the falsehoods that are pushed on to and believed by the more gullible amongst us. Always interesting and thought-provoking, which is what a forum should be.
I agree with most of the above except,.,! *

Quote:
and backed by actual fact
It is backed by opinions not fact, both sides of this issue can be accused of stretching the truth to gain extra points for their team, when in actual fact all should admit to knowing little and spouting plenty of cowsbrown.

* (just thought I'd throw in some confusing punctuation)
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2021, 11:14   #1788
God Member

[QUOTE=Less;1253233]

It is backed by opinions not fact, both sides of this issue can be accused of stretching the truth to gain extra points for their team, when in actual fact all should admit to knowing little and spouting plenty of cowsbrown.

its that opinions on one side got more air time than opinions of the other. this lack of debate and the opposite view not really being heard gave these opinionsto become facts rather than opinions. like this post too many opinion words.
Old 26-04-2021, 12:01   #1789

Isn't it great that we are allowed to have opinions and not be afraid to 'voice' them, whether others agree with us or not. To have equal time for opposing views needs to have equal input and of course this is something that is up to the individuals taking part in a debate. Thank goodness for forums such as Accrington Web where we can express our views and debate them. Whether or not our opinions change after reading what others think doesn't really matter, at least the people taking part have had an opportunity to have their say.
taddy likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2021, 12:10   #1790

Quote:
Isn't it great that we are allowed to have opinions and not be afraid to 'voice' them, whether others agree with us or not. To have equal time for opposing views needs to have equal input and of course this is something that is up to the individuals taking part in a debate. Thank goodness for forums such as Accrington Web where we can express our views and debate them. Whether or not our opinions change after reading what others think doesn't really matter, at least the people taking part have had an opportunity to have their say.
Have their say yes, but they must try not to lose their objectivity or demand how someone else should reply.
taddy likes this.
Old 26-04-2021, 15:55   #1791
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Need to get more popcorn!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mins & popcorn.jpg (9.5 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 26-04-2021 at 15:59.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2021, 21:10   #1792
God Member

Interesting interview.

This scientist has been cancelled by the MSM. No doubt they assumed, because he has a “cwazee axxent” like in a Hollywood movie, that he can be smeared as a Knutty Professor?

https://off-guardian.org/2021/04/24/...e-pandemic-14/
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2021, 08:56   #1793
God Member

Quote:
the only problem with accy web and the other two i post on is that everyone really feels the same about every subject brought up. there is the odd difference of opinion but very rare. without knowing everyones age on here and the others i get the impression we are all of the older end who think woke is something you do in the morning.
dotti34 and taddy like this.
Old 27-04-2021, 09:04   #1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
woke is something you do in the morning.
I awake of a morning, though one day I'll change it to having a wake.
Old 27-04-2021, 09:29   #1795

[QUOTE=dotti34;1253237]Isn't it great that we are allowed to have opinions and not be afraid to 'voice' them, whether others agree with us or not. To have equal time for opposing views needs to have equal input and of course this is something that is up to the individuals taking part in a debate. Thank goodness for forums such as Accrington Web where we can express our views and debate them. Whether or not our opinions change after reading what others think doesn't really matter, at least the people taking part have had an opportunity to have their say.

Well put together Dotti, I cannot fault what you are saying,I must admit that I sometimes go over the top a bit and for that I will apologise to any one who has been offended by any of my posts, especially yourself and Margaret.
In my younger days I was always classed as a young cantankerous,(maybe spelt wrong); little sod but my wife of 54 years tells me that I have changed; I am now an (OLD) cantankerous little sod but she still loves me.
Yours the cantankerous little Lancashire Luddite.
monkey hanger likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2021, 09:36   #1796
God Member

taddy, you have not offended anyone on here. its them who have decided to be offended if they were. we have got where we are today by people who do not like being told or hearing the truth. they cannot take it like we used to be able to do.
taddy likes this.
Old 27-04-2021, 10:36   #1797

monkey hanger, yes a forum is definitely more interesting when there are lots of input and different views on subjects - good debates, that's what we need more of. As for age, well I'll just say if my next birthday cake has the correct number of candles on it then this will set off smoke alarms and we would need to have a fire extinguisher handy. I could create my own carbon emission.

As for being offended, Taddy, absolutely no need to apologise. I can give it out so I am prepared to take it. We say it as we see it. Maybe my attempts at wit, and sometimes tongue-in-cheek comments, are not recognised as such. More's the pity, as I do try my best.
nicola68, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-04-2021, 09:00   #1798
God Member

[QUOTE=dotti34;1253268 As for age, well I'll just say if my next birthday cake has the correct number of candles on it then this will set off smoke alarms and we would need to have a fire extinguisher handy. I could create my own carbon emission.

well i can afford the cake but the candles are way to costly for me now. anyway please delete your post as little greta will be hanging round and nameing and shaming you.
Old 28-04-2021, 09:04   #1799
God Member

Quote:

As for being offended, Taddy, absolutely no need to apologise. I can give it out so I am prepared to take it. We say it as we see it. Maybe my attempts at wit, and sometimes tongue-in-cheek comments, are not recognised as such. More's the pity, as I do try my best.
funny how us older ones are prepared to give it out and take it. was it the years of having to sit in corners, barely seen and never heard thats got us in this position.
Old 28-04-2021, 09:46   #1800

I think I'm safe, MH, from little Greta as I doubt she reads AccyWeb - but you never know....
and as for why we can take it and give it out perhaps that's because over the years we have had to become thick-skinned. Well I know I have. However, I have never sat quietly in corners, and, as you have probably gathered, I have always liked to be heard.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..