Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2021, 08:11   #2056

Re: Corona Virus

Over to you Marge.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2021, 08:55   #2057
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Headline in today's Daily Mail, "No Jab, No Job). The foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, appears to back the idea, he describes the approach by firms in the states as "smart policy" but is being accused of introducing vaccine passports by stealth.
I am looking foreward to comments on Accy Web.
here we go with the dreaded word Smart again. anything regarded with that word is quite the opposite. funny that before the restrictions were eased the other week nothing like this or the interest in it ever really came up. give us an inch and they,ll take a yard.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 13:24   #2058
Beacon of light

The same newspaper(online version) is saying that two thirds of the population are in favour of authoritarian bans for unvaccinated people. They include public transport, cafes, pubs and non essential shops.
They did a poll to determine this gem.
How many people did they survey?
1500.....there are approximately 67 million people on this island....so help me here,(I failed Math at school) what might that be in percentage terms?

I will say it again for those out there in the population who are hard of thinking.....you got vaccinated to protect yourself from the virus......if you do not believe the vaccine protects you...then why did you have it?
The unvaccinated (if you believe that this IS a vaccine) would, therefore pose NO THREAT to you BECAUSE YOU ARE VACCINATED.

Happy now Taddy?
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 14:32   #2059
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
the approach by firms in the states as "smart policy" but is being accused of introducing vaccine passports by stealth

Same sort of thing happening here, govt say they will not enforce compulsory vaccination, but those not jagged may have difficulties accessing certain facilities & options, so sounds pretty much like a back door enforcement to my way of thinking.

Furthermore, rulings at present going through the Reichstag want those entering Germany from wherever to present a certificate of "Purity" (been jagged), "recovered" (had the plague & survived) or an "All clear" proof of testing prior to departure from your last country of residence/visiting before entering the "Fatherland".

All sounds pretty much like involuntary compulsion to me.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-07-2021, 14:49   #2060
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

put it this way i have nothing to fear from vac passports at all,if i owned a care home or the like i would not accept staff back that refused the jab unless it was medical reasons, some wont like that but i dont give a monkies.
Old 30-07-2021, 15:13   #2061
Beacon of light

So you are in favour of authoritarian tactics then?
That is the start of a very slippery slope.
What other enforcements might follow as a result of the apathy against this unethical practice.
The residents are vaccinated....so protected? Yes?....or maybe this vaccine is not a vaccine but a genetic treatment....it certainly does not fit the description of a vaccine.
Vaccines prevent the infection and transmission, but this doesn’t do that.....so why have something if you feel it does not protect.

Cashy, if I were a care worker...being paid peanuts for doing the back breaking work and my employer gave me that ultimatum...I would leave.
If he/she valued my work then they would accept my choice as to whether to have the vaccination or not....and I know there are people who do not want to be part of LabRat UK.

The care worker is at more risk from those in their care

Not only that I would take my employer to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal.
dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 30-07-2021 at 15:18.
Old 30-07-2021, 15:29   #2062
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

if it means safer thats fine with me i believe it does.
Old 30-07-2021, 16:57   #2063
Beacon of light

So you are prepared to give up the freedoms that you forefathers died to give us?

You are prepared to take enforced orders from government(who do not have your best interests at heart..what ever you may believe)?
Isn't that how the Nazi regime did its' dirty work?
Isn't that why the Nuremberg code was instituted...so that people were not enforced or coerced to take medications without their permission?...and that needed informed consent.

Thank god I am at the bum end of my life...there is no future...or not one that is worth looking at!
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Old 30-07-2021, 17:02   #2064

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255545]The same newspaper(online version) is
Happy now Taddy?

What made you think that my perfectly reasonable comment was aimed specifically at you Marge? but then again all meant in the best possible taste.
Stay safe, stay happy, keep posting, Regards, Taddy.
Old 30-07-2021, 17:04   #2065
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if it means safer thats fine with me i believe it does.

If it means WHAT is safer?

Life has always had risks...and the risk of this virus is that 99.3% of those who get this infection will recover. That is a risk of 0.7%
Some will never know they have had it.

There has been so much mis-reporting that has been calculated to worry and create fear in the population.
I have said from the beginning of this that the government want you to remain fearful, because that makes you so much easier to control.

I am more fearful of the government motives than I am of the virus.
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Old 30-07-2021, 17:06   #2066
Beacon of light

Quote:
Over to you Marge.

So in this post you did not mean me then Taddy...
Which Marge was it then?
Old 30-07-2021, 17:08   #2067
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1255552]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The same newspaper(online version) is
Happy now Taddy?

What made you think that my perfectly reasonable comment was aimed specifically at you Marge? but then again all meant in the best possible taste.
Stay safe, stay happy, keep posting, Regards, Taddy.

Yes it was a perfectly reasonable comment...where was it that I implied that it wasn't, because I can't see it.....and it wasn't this particular post I was referring to, it was post 2026...as indicated above
Old 30-07-2021, 18:18   #2068
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If it means WHAT is safer?

Life has always had risks...and the risk of this virus is that 99.3% of those who get this infection will recover. That is a risk of 0.7%
Some will never know they have had it.

There has been so much mis-reporting that has been calculated to worry and create fear in the population.
I have said from the beginning of this that the government want you to remain fearful, because that makes you so much easier to control.

I am more fearful of the government motives than I am of the virus.
any fool knows life has always had risks, and no matter what rubbish you think margaret i am not fearful at all, i just use what i regard as common sense, also if you think anyone can control me you are one off,it looks to me like you think you are correct and anyone thinking different is afraid,
Old 30-07-2021, 19:54   #2069
Beacon of light

Cashy it looks to me like you think that my thoughts are 'rubbish'.
They are not the same as yours..that is true...and they have not changed right from the start, but they are MY thoughts...
I do not expect anyone else to own them, to agree with them, but I do like to think that I can express them as being MY thoughts.

And if you think you are not being controlled then so be it.

It is not a case of being correct it is a case of questioning the logic....and there doesn't appear to be any where this is concerned.
(the figures do not add up, we are being told that people have died from Covid...when what they mean is that they have had a positive test within the last 28 days...it is NOT the same thing.
We have been lied to all along...people going into hospital with one thing the being counted in the figures..because they caught the virus in hospital...but we are led to believe that is why they went in....there have been so many untruths told...misled by bogus figures, out of date figures, guesses as to the number of infections...it DOES make you question)

As for people being afraid...of course they are afraid and that is what the government wants..that is what the propaganda has been about from the very outset.

I do NOT expect you to agree with me..in fact i would fall off my chair and do myself an injury if you did.
Old 31-07-2021, 07:47   #2070

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255556][QUOTE=taddy;1255552]

Yes it was a perfectly reasonable comment...where was it that I implied that it wasn't, because I can't see it.....and it wasn't this particular post I was referring to, it was post 2026...as indicated above

Ah well maybe I should stop posting my (tongue in cheek) comments because that is all they are, no seriousness intended.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..