Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2020, 12:05   #619
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Ah Cashy, you are so trusting.
I appreciate that they were in what they called an 'unprecedented situation'....and yet it is not rocket science to tell people how many people in the country have been positively diagnosed with this virus....and tell them in terms that they would understand.
That they did not do this makes me suspicious.

The other thing that was wrong from the very start was, they knew that the infection was being imported on flights from other countries...and yet still they allowed flights to land and disgorge those who had been in China where the outbreak began....in fact two of the first people infected were a Chinese student and her mother who flew in from China.

Cashy, if it occurs to me, that this was just clearly wrong, then why did it not occur to these experts?

How does it makes sense to accommodate those who are suspected of having the virus in a district general hospital.

Patients who were suspected of having this should have been placed in quarantine away from their families. With dedicated staff that looked after only this kind of patient.

Again, this is just a 'common sense' measure. I know that common sense does not grow in everyone's garden.
Arrowe Park was set aside for some people....and they were not released until it was clear that they were free from infection....and I know that these were not patients as such, but those who were suspected of carrying the virus.(from a cruise ship if my memory serves me well...from abroad anyway)

A lot of time and effort was expended in setting up The Nightingale units....they have not been used.....so please don't tell me that it could not be done.

We are being fed information that is not true.....doctors can certify any death as being due to the virus.....so how is that being truthful.....and it should not be allowed.
Exile has provided proof of the advice given to Doctors, so this is not fake news.

In the end, everyone will believe what they are comfortable with....and whatever their beliefs are, they will do what they are comfortable with to ensure that they feel safe.

I have absolutely no issue with that...the issues I have are that I have observed the lockdown, I am still observing the rules, but I object to being told I must wear a face mask when this was NOT required at the start of the pandemic when the risks(if we believe what we are told) were greater.
So I won't be wearing one.
And no-one has asked what my strategy will be for not wearing a mask....I will not visit any shops until this useless rule is lifted.
I will still go out and about...just not to the shops.
It is a joyless pursuit right now anyway.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-07-2020 at 12:08.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote