Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2020, 09:25   #1306
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
I was quite willing to roll up my sleeve for these as they have been well and truly tried and tested, but I will hesitate to have the COVID one.
think you will not be alone among the older generation who may take up a wait and see approach to the vaccine. years of life experiance has taught us to be wary of things that sound too good to be true and we are not taken in as easy as the younger folk are on this and the majority of subjects.

Last edited by Neil; 16-11-2020 at 07:01. Reason: fix quote
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2020, 09:36   #1307
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Yes, Margaret, there are a lot of things to think about regarding the vaccine – and especially the short time it has taken from being developed to being called safe to use. When you consider how long it normally takes for vaccines and other medications to be developed and made available, the speed with which this vaccine is being marketed as being (potentially) safe is a bit of a worry (well more than a bit).

As we all know, there’s a common-sense reason for testing regarding any newly developed vaccines and such. There are numerous stages to go through before this gets passed and made available which can take several years. What makes this one different?

I am definitely not against vaccinations – I have my flu jab every year and recently had the whooping cough one (have got a new great-granddaughter and this is the recommended thing to do). I was quite willing to roll up my sleeve for these as they have been well and truly tried and tested, but I will hesitate to have the COVID one.
This vaccine is being allowed a licence before all the usual testing has been completed because it is considered an emergency measure.
It has been tested on a relatively small number of young, fit healthy adults(I would hazard that most would be Male....they do not usually like to test on females because of the risks in pregnancy).
The assumption is that because it had a 90% efficacy in the test sample, it MAY achieve that in older populations, but there is no guarantee that it will.

The other worrying aspect is that this is a modified RNA vaccine (NEVER USED BEFORE ON HUMANS) that will be inserted into your genetic code....once it is in there, that is it...it is impossible to remove and it is never going to wear off.
That is not to say that it will continue to protect you from Coronavirus.....the stimulation of an antibody and T cell response is anything but certain.

The media hype is sweeping everyone along and many people will just roll up their sleeve and get it without a second thought.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:01   #1308
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A perfect example of what society has become on Tv this morning some are saying the elderly should be LAST to get the vaccination. SELFISH Couldnt Care. People.well people like that are not fit to live imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:07   #1309
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
A perfect example of what society has become on Tv this morning some are saying the elderly should be LAST to get the vaccination. SELFISH Couldnt Care. People.well people like that are not fit to live imho.
they actually think its us oldies that are selfish and are the cause of a lot whats wrong in society. living in houses too big for them, voting brexit, having too much money to spend on cruises and saga holidays, racists etc. etc. never in my lifetime has the older generation been disliked by many as we are now.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:11   #1310
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

The media hype is sweeping everyone along and many people will just roll up their sleeve and get it without a second thought.
funny how the hype has a totally opposite affect on me. same with any other subjects before this. is it just me or are there others similar.

Last edited by Neil; 16-11-2020 at 07:02. Reason: fix quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:53   #1311
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i will certainly have it if it means getting back up stanley and going away.otherwise i wont bother.
Old 13-11-2020, 08:07   #1312
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i will certainly have it if it means getting back up stanley and going away.otherwise i wont bother.
if that bribe comes in than i for one will be finished with football and holidays. i have managed for weeks now giving shops a miss because of face muzzles so it could be just another permanent restriction on my life. at least my lad will have more money to throw away once i snuff it.
Old 15-11-2020, 08:36   #1313
God Member

just be careful what you say about the vaccine even if its correct. big brother are after dissenters with the labour party now banging its pinky drum. free speach as long as those at the top agree with it.
taddy likes this.
Old 15-11-2020, 08:49   #1314
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

it dont matter to me mate time i have left im gonna do what i enjoy all the more.after this lot.
Old 19-11-2020, 08:59   #1315
God Member

its quiet on here. hope everyone are fit and well.
Old 19-11-2020, 10:43   #1316

I have been thinking the very same thing.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 10:43   #1317
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well im ok
Old 19-11-2020, 17:28   #1318
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Your concern is touching MH, all fine here in Krautyland, just busy with work, I nip on ocasssionaly but don't post much at the moment.

Regards to all & stay safe.
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 19-11-2020, 22:21   #1319

Of course the vaccine will be 100% safe, you wont turn into a zombie and walk the streets, neither will it make you ill, alter your dna or worse - kill you.

The government are absolutely correct in what they say and how they have done it - brilliant job Boris old chum - bravo.

Ill be having the vaccine as soon as I can - in fact I think Ill have 2, and will be taking all my family for it.

(just in case the government spies are reading this forum).
Regulars can ignore everything I said on here today
monkey hanger likes this.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2020, 08:24   #1320
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Your concern is touching MH, all fine here in Krautyland, just busy with work, I nip on ocasssionaly but don't post much at the moment.

Regards to all & stay safe.
cheers. i think we have exausted this thread now with nothing actually new turning up. got a feeling we,ll all just repeat ourselves in the end. keep our powder dry for when something new comes up.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..