Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2009, 03:34   #1
God Member

Depression is good for you

I was amazed to see this in todays Mail
Feeling blue? Stop worrying... depression is good for you, say scientists | Mail Online

I have had bouts of depression at stressful times in my life and think most people have too.

Don't ask for the happy pills, the depression is 'doing you good'
I must admit that I only took such pills for a very short time because the side effects were worse than the depression.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2009, 09:36   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Depression is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I was amazed to see this in todays Mail
Feeling blue? Stop worrying... depression is good for you, say scientists | Mail Online

I have had bouts of depression at stressful times in my life and think most people have too.

Don't ask for the happy pills, the depression is 'doing you good'
I must admit that I only took such pills for a very short time because the side effects were worse than the depression.
I have to agree with you on the pill front Margaret, they once tried to put me on Prozac, I only took one and I was crawling up the wall tearing my hair out. As for depression being good for you, well it was a scientist who said it, maybe he's going through a "mid-life crisis
Old 15-01-2009, 10:10   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Of course it's good for you, without depression to compare it with how would you ever know when you are happy?

(less takes twice the normal dose of happy pills crawls over to the settee, assumes the foetal position, sucks his thumb and chant's I'm so lucky to be this happy!).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 11:05   #4
Senior Member+

not so good for you if you are suicidal.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 11:18   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
not so good for you if you are suicidal.
Don't talk about suicide ema, you only get depressed
Old 15-01-2009, 11:22   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't talk about suicide ema, you only get depressed
me?? depressed?? i am so happy i am bouncing, literally at the mo thanks to my bouncy ball lol
what have i got to be depressed about

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 16:03   #7
Resting in Peace

they tell us that so we will be ready for the Credit Crunch News yet to come...
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 16:15   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
me?? depressed?? i am so happy i am bouncing, literally at the mo thanks to my bouncy ball lol
what have i got to be depressed about
Just joking ema, just joking
Old 15-01-2009, 16:48   #9
Senior Member+

There is depression and depression - I mean clinical depression is when someone is good for nothing 24 hours a day and can't cope with life! But then there is just unhappiness. The crux of the matter is; "When does unhappiness become depression!"
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..