Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2009, 19:13   #1
God Member

Thrown out of court for being too nice!!

I have looked briefly to see if there is a thread on this, and cant find one, forgive me if I am blind, lol.
A court have thrown a womans case out because in the judges opinion, she was too genuine, honest and downright nice, so much so that he said she would influence the jury in the trial of the thugs who broke her car window, stole her laptop, and punched her in the face!! What is going on? So, can we say then, that if I wee to go and batter these louts with a baseball bat (and if she were kin to me, I might), that I could ask that they threw the (presuming the cops would have me in court quicksmart) case out if I went to court and said 'yes, I battered them with a baseball bat, it was a brown one, it was very hard, I knew it would hurt them, and that was my intention! Thank you your honour!
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2009, 20:27   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Thrown out of court for being too nice!!

Getting confused Derekgas .. is it not the one then where the woman identified the attacker too quickly ? ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 21:27   #3
Passed away 25-11-09

I saw a report about this in the Express and I could hardly believe it. If you ask me, the judge should be assessed for dementia - or, at least, gross stupidity. No wonder criminals laugh at the Law.
Old 14-01-2009, 21:38   #4
God Member

Daily Express | UK News :: Judge lets off yob because his victim is 'too believable'

A BRAVE mother-of-two who identified one of a gang of thugs who punched her in the face saw a trial against him collapse because a judge said she was “too believable”.

Last edited by Mick; 15-01-2009 at 05:41.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 04:14   #5
God Member

the same judge let a priest go after molesting a child on the grounds that the boy appeared to enjoy it

this was mentioned on the write stuff morning show and they had to use allegedly when mentioning the priest because this idiot judge let the priest go free

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 08:20   #6
God Member

We have another crackpot judge who is closer to home, step forward Judge Beverley Lunt

She sees nothing wrong in a convicted peodaphile joining a naturist club and mingling with nude children. As the person who reported him to the authorities when I found out about his membership ( iused to live near the sick git ) I think her decision stinks.

Convicted paedophile member of naturist club (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 15-01-2009, 08:53   #7
Resting in Peace

Nothing surprises me anymore with our judicial system, these people live in their own little dream world, I actually think its time that young men in white coats came and took them away to any convenient nut house, not only to protect them from themselves but from the long suffering British people who are continually having to put up with this crap
Old 15-01-2009, 11:01   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
We have another crackpot judge who is closer to home, step forward Judge Beverley Lunt

She sees nothing wrong in a convicted peodaphile joining a naturist club and mingling with nude children. As the person who reported him to the authorities when I found out about his membership ( iused to live near the sick git ) I think her decision stinks.

Convicted paedophile member of naturist club (From Lancashire Telegraph)
lets face it anyone who goes to a club to strip off infront of other peoples children and parade round nude amongs children is probably a repressed pedophile anyway

do what they want infront of other adults but infront of children is bloody disgusting and perverted

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 12:24   #9
God Member

I think its wrong that people let thier kids strip off in front of strangers anyway.. Just because they want to be naturists shouldnt allow them to force thier kids to do it. what sort of parents are they?..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 12:28   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the same judge let a priest go after molesting a child on the grounds that the boy appeared to enjoy it

this was mentioned on the write stuff morning show and they had to use allegedly when mentioning the priest because this idiot judge let the priest go free
I feel this judge should be held accountable for his desissions.

I cant believe he suggested the boy enjoyed it.

As for the woman, to believable. Influence a jury, oh my word.
Old 15-01-2009, 15:56   #11
Resting in Peace

don't they have to pass an exam or something to become a judge? if not why not:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 16:04   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
don't they have to pass an exam or something to become a judge? if not why not:
They are appointed magpie, they start of like blazey then work their way up to Barrister, shake the right hands grease the right palms, then Bobs your Uncle, chauffeur driven Roller to court every morning from the Ivory Tower
Old 15-01-2009, 16:14   #13
Resting in Peace

Well its about time, they were made to sit some kind of exam ( like what the real world is like ) would be a nice start…. Something needs to be done about some these complete nit wits…..
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 17:05   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Nothing surprises me anymore with our judicial system, these people live in their own little dream world, I actually think its time that young men in white coats came and took them away to any convenient nut house, not only to protect them from themselves but from the long suffering British people who are continually having to put up with this crap

Never trust a Man who wears a wig, silk stockings and shoes with nice shiny buckles!!

Utter Madness that decision!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..