Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 21:15   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: disgusted

I really think we should bend over backwards to accomodate the ethnic minorities.

In this case every effort should be made to see that the ethnic minority at this school, the 0.5% who aren't Muslim, can have ham on their bloody pizza, and a bacon buttie if he/she so desires. God help 'em.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2005, 21:16   #17

we couldsuggest summat to the HBC but i doubt anything should be done
Old 05-12-2005, 21:16   #18
Senior Member+

unfortunatly i just found this on the official C of E site

Admissions to Church schools

Church of England schools welcome all pupils from their local neighbourhood, including members of other faiths. If there is a shortage of places in the school, the admissions policy set by the governing bodies of voluntary aided, academies and foundation schools will give an order of preference to categories of pupils. Admissions policies are set by the governing body and differ from school to school: some ask for evidence of active involvement in the local church, others look at pupils' travelling distance from school or at medical reasons for needing a particular school. Voluntary controlled schools have their admissions determined by the Local Education Authority.

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 21:19   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I will look on the brightside and with a smile think to myself at least the 99.5% are not at my kids schools.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 21:23   #20

if we bent over any further our heads would disapear up our own backsides ..maybe thats whats wrong the folk in charge have done way too much bending !!!
Old 05-12-2005, 21:23   #21

well the school should not be a C of E school but a normal primary school
Old 05-12-2005, 21:24   #22

its about time the country took a stand schools should be single culture
Old 05-12-2005, 21:32   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

In this case every effort should be made to see that the ethnic minority at this school, the 0.5% who aren't Muslim, can have ham on their bloody pizza, and a bacon buttie if he/she so desires. God help 'em.
yeh they should provide a variety of meals and have like a buffet or something you pick what you want and pay for it after youve chosen
Old 05-12-2005, 21:34   #24
God Member

My daughter's school is a Catholic one but they've just had to change their admissions policy so that being a Catholic isn't the top priority for entrance any more! Think it's the way all schools have to go these days - orders from on high!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 21:40   #25
Give, give, give member

I wonder how many of the little darlings, who the parent said the children would have rioted if they knew the pizzas had ham on, have free school lunches?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 21:40   #26
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnie boy
its about time the country took a stand schools should be single culture
Good lad about time somebody said it, I'm in total agreement.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 05-12-2005, 21:43   #27
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
My daughter's school is a Catholic one but they've just had to change their admissions policy so that being a Catholic isn't the top priority for entrance any more! Think it's the way all schools have to go these days - orders from on high!
If that's the same school me and you attended Gayle I'm disgusted what is the world coming to?

Old 06-12-2005, 05:26   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
"It is disgusting. I only found out they had eaten ham as when my children complained of feeling sick. I checked with the school what they had eaten for dinner and they said pizza. But because of a mix up with ordering instead of the usual cheese and tomato pizza they accidentally served ham pizza.
ok since when does a belief that you dont eat ham lead to ham making you ill..?

Quote:
Education bosses have been criticised for the "disgusting" error at St James' Church of England Primary School, Oozebooth Terrace, Blackburn.
no a disgusting error would be serving dog sh!t not ham and it seem pretty obvious that the kids had no problems eating ham its only because the parents found out thattheres been all this fuss

muslims arnt supposed to drink alchol but the offlicence near me has been flooded with muslims of all ages buying their beer for years even older muslims because it was until recently under white ownership so thay could buy there alchol without getting found out

since the shop has been sold to muslims (1week now) i havnt seen one muslim buying beer at it

hypocryits is all i can say ,they want to appear true to the muslim faith to their community but go where they cant be found out to do their sins

like somone said earlier if you dont like school dinners take a damn packed lunch , no ones forcing food down anyones throat its no wonder there is still a divide between faiths when children born here are not been allowed to choose their own path

this is not a racist rant it just annoys the hell out of me when peopel getin an upraor that theoir faith has been abused in some way when all along their kids are out boozing and smoking just like the rest of the peopel in this country reegardless of what faith they are born into
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:26   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnie boy
we couldsuggest summat to the HBC but i doubt anything should be done
I think you would be better of speaking to Blackburn with Darwen Council seeing as the school is in Blackburn
Old 06-12-2005, 07:28   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
like somone said earlier if you dont like school dinners take a damn packed lunch , no ones forcing food down anyones throat its no wonder there is still a divide between faiths when children born here are not been allowed to choose their own path
Don't forget that most of them, if not all, will not be paying for the school meals.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..