Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2018, 21:59   #16

Re: Dont judge a book by its cover!

I was going to post it in the humour section but if I did people may have thought I was trying to be funny. And I do let the wife drive for two reasons. Firstly it gives her a warm fuzzy feeling that we share everything. Secondly now and again it worth letting her drive just to watch her do as she’s told when the sat nav gives her an instruction. Of course I change the voice to a mans beforehand. And on that note does anybody use Siri on their mobile. I have a lady Siri and to be honest it’s like being married again. “Siri what time does the Chinese open” Reply “ your not going out again are you”. Now that is a funny ( I think)
Old 30-03-2018, 10:03   #17
Beacon of light

I can see your reasoning, but agree it really does not belong in the humour section, because to be in there it has to be funny...and it doesn't quite make it....sardonic, maybe...but funny?
Not quite Big Joe, not quite.
That said, please don't let that put you off...keep on trying, one day you might get there.
It might take a bit of dynamite or a jet propelled rocket, as I don't think steam will get you there(not enough coal on the planet).
You get E..for effort....
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 11:18   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
Secondly now and again it worth letting her drive just to watch her do as she’s told when the sat nav gives her an instruction.
Now that raised a wry grin! I can go with that for the simple reason that should I try telling the Witchity one she should've gone left/right/straight on at certain junctures I'm picking on her, but when the "Navi" says it .... well that's okay, go figure!
cashman likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 30-03-2018 at 11:21.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 11:26   #19
Beacon of light

I no longer drive...but if I did I would not rely on a sat nav.
I would prefer to use maps, road signs and my own brain, rather than AI.
My other half is useless at followingnthe instructions of a sat nav and on the odd times he has used it, the air in the car has been bluer than blue....and the voice is male!
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..