Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2007, 10:46   #31
God Member

Re: Drivers face penality using phones

Rindy, there was an expert who also said that it depends on the person. Some people are able to prioristise the driving above the phone call and suffer no negative affect on reaction times or quality of driving. However as usual this minority have to be goverened by a law to protect the majority. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, just the way of the world.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2007, 11:17   #32
white rabbits

Drivers face penality using phones

.....And so they should be ......
Old 28-02-2007, 12:40   #33
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Did yuou ring teh police to complain? I know its liek banging your head against a wall. Perhaps take a piccy or two and send them to the observer and get them to do a "Police in can't be arsed shocker!"
I would think this a useless exercise Ian as the Observer would probably not print it, I take it you mean the 'local rag' it is very fussy what it prints in that direction if you get what I mean. I have tried to get it into the letters to the editor pages about the Taxi firm in Edgar St to no avail, about them double parking on both sides side blocking the pavements despite the yellow lines, try pushing a pram down Edgar St you will have walk down the middle of the road. They are very crafty they always leave one car with a bloke in it in the unlikely event of a copper turning up. No the Accrington Observer is very PC.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 28-02-2007 at 12:43.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:07   #34
I am Banned

even law enforcers can even adhere to the law either!!!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/10032007/14...obile-car.html
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:52   #35
God Member

If he had been on duty would the result have been different?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 23:24   #36

programme on BBC1 at 9.30 tonight re enforced the sense of this. Young woman of 23 killed outright when a 7ton wagon slammed into back of her as she waited in a traffic jam. Car was crushed beyond recognition & was finally found that driver of wagon had been fiddling with his mobile when he hit her at 60mph. He finally admitted use of phone in court & was jailed for 4 years & banned from driving for 7 years. Yet police officer who had to identify her from remains & then go & break news to her family had to stop & tick off a woman driver on same motorway while driving back to scene after delivering news to family. Her ears should stil be ringing now & rightly so. Hands free dont cost the £1 million it costs in the aftermath of a fatal accident!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..