Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2007, 18:57   #16
God Member

Re: Drivers face penality using phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't see it as being more dangerous than driving and smoking, eating, drinking etc.
Your not allowed to eat and drink whilst driving in the UK ?
Are there no drive-thrus at McDonalds and other fast food places ?

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2007, 18:59   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Your not allowed to eat and drink whilst driving in the UK ?

There are but they are there to shut the kids up when they are in the back.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 23:20   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

funny but as well as clamping down on mobiles, they are also discussing random breath tests, i,m sure we will get the (freedom brigade) bitching etc, also today i have heard the (well done the government) brigade, well i say to this CRAP. these are 2 things that should have always been in force.
Old 28-02-2007, 06:58   #19
God Member

The 'best' one I saw was driving along the M62 towards Manchester one day on my bike I overtook a police Range Rover (fully marked) only to see the woman driver sending a text!

I reported her to GMP when I got home and was told she woud be suspended from traffic duties for an investigation. I didn't hear any more about it.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 07:09   #20
Resting in Peace

I had a walk into town yesterday down Blackburn rd.
6 drivers using mobile phones and 8 parked half on the pavment 3 on double yellow lines and 1 totaly parked all four wheels on the pavement right infront of a pedestrian crossing near the post office.
i thought they where stopping this
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 08:04   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
6 drivers using mobile phones and 8 parked half on the pavment 3 on double yellow lines and 1 totaly parked all four wheels on the pavement right infront of a pedestrian crossing near the post office.
Its easier if they walk the beat to catch them but sadley police walking the beat is rarer the rocking horse dung. Unless they can chase them in squad cars they aint gonna bother.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 28-02-2007, 08:14   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Did yuou ring teh police to complain? I know its liek banging your head against a wall. Perhaps take a piccy or two and send them to the observer and get them to do a "Police in can't be arsed shocker!"

Old 28-02-2007, 08:19   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

When you phone make sure you get an incident log number. The next time you see the same phone again quoting the original log number. You can always ask to speak to the geographic Inspector for the area and ask he/she why nothing is being done about it.

Been there, done that, got something done.
Old 28-02-2007, 08:30   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Did yuou ring teh police to complain? I know its liek banging your head against a wall. Perhaps take a piccy or two and send them to the observer and get them to do a "Police in can't be arsed shocker!"
And the police answer would be that they are trying but aint got the manpower to enforce it.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 28-02-2007, 08:44   #25
God Member

which gives us a stick to beat the goverment with

Old 28-02-2007, 09:10   #26
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

[quote=steeljack;

[/quote]
well charlie wants to ban that too.....
Old 28-02-2007, 09:17   #27
God Member

only problem is his duchy pasty has more fat and calories than a big mac

Old 28-02-2007, 10:00   #28
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

its simple in the end, drivers who are caught using there phones should get whats coming to them, same for drink drivers, and drug users!
Old 28-02-2007, 10:16   #29
Give, give, give member

There was an expert on the news saying that tests have been done showing that the reaction times of someone using a mobile are worse than someone who is just over the legal drink drive limit.

I do take the point that someone eating/changing a cd/trying to control naughty kids/ smoking, is probably just as dangerous as using a mobile.

I've never done it, I can't even smoke and drive, but have to stop for a nicotine break.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 10:32   #30
Senior Member+

Taxi drivers & mobiles are my biggest gripe.Okay if they have to pick up the radio handset to answer a call regarding a job,but several times i've just got in the cab & he's answering his mobile to someone who must know his job is behind the wheel of a car.He's putting lives at risk and i'm paying for the privelidge We can't pick up & answer our phones whenever we please at work so why should they,and i'm on the shop floor not some busy highway.
At the same time,seeing as they're banning everything else,they can ban all this crap boom boom boom so called music that blasts out of car windows as that must be classed as a distraction,and a nuisance.More of an ASBO offence that one.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..