Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2009, 21:48   #151
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I think Councillors have a very difficult job, and have no objection whatsoever to what they are getting paid.
I don't believe for one minute that you believe that, you must have more money than sense if you do.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2009, 21:49   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Well that must mean Peter is God, because Jesus sits at the right hand of Gad.
Then its easy to guess who i am then
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 21:53   #153
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Well considering Peter does not use AccringtonWeb
He might not be a registered member, he hasn't got the balls to join in any debates, but he certainly reads the posts as a guest.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 27-02-2009, 21:55   #154
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Yes, Andrewb's mother although you get upset if it's mentioned, why who do you think you are?

Old 27-02-2009, 22:38   #155
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post

Oh my god are we bringing the imaculate conception into the thread now....

God forbid.

As Bagpuss says you keep reminding us who you are. that's OK

When are you going to make a pertinent post to any thread then?

Seeing as you have such a high position?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Caz; 27-02-2009 at 22:40. Reason: spelling
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 22:45   #156
God Member

Quote:

As regards the Member's Allowances - I will accept the level of Rossendale member's allowance, when the rest of Councillors on Hyndburn Borough Council agree to do so.
You couldn't make this up. You scream that Peter Britcliffe is a terrible man for taking an allowance greater than Rossendale council, but when your own allowances are questioned you won't take your advice.

No working for the common good, constantly trying to trip the Conservatives up. Demands Conservatives have Rossendale level of allowances then refuses to do the same with their own allowance. Complains the Conservatives take special allowances for additional roles, then takes special allowances themselves. Absolutely hypocritical. Same old Hyndburn Labour.
Old 27-02-2009, 22:45   #157
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Oh my god are we bringing the imaculate conception into the thread now....

God forbid.

As Bagpuss says you keep reminding us who you are. that's OK

When are you going to make a pertinent post to any thread then?

Seeing as you have such a high position?
Turkish Delight's post has got to be the one of the year ... picture of virgin Mary does not exactly spring to mind ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 22:47   #158
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
bloody hell Andrew. Why can't you just give in and admit the facts. The Tories need to buck their ideas up and Labour has done nothing wrong!

Heavens sake.... If 'Sir' David asked you to jump in the canal head first you would...
Politics of hatred must be a stressful life Graham.
Old 27-02-2009, 22:55   #159
Caz
God Member

Andrew, if you tell your mother to stop posting in these threads, you might have some sort of credibility. As it is she is doing you no favours what so ever. No personal issue against you and all that. lets just talk politics. but please.......

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 23:07   #160

Quote:
You couldn't make this up. You scream that Peter Britcliffe is a terrible man for taking an allowance greater than Rossendale council, but when your own allowances are questioned you won't take your advice.

No working for the common good, constantly trying to trip the Conservatives up. Demands Conservatives have Rossendale level of allowances then refuses to do the same with their own allowance. Complains the Conservatives take special allowances for additional roles, then takes special allowances themselves. Absolutely hypocritical. Same old Hyndburn Labour.
I was comparing the level of Allowances of Hyndburn to those of Rossendale. I did not (as far as I am aware say that Peter Britcliffe should be paid the same as Rossendale). It is the Tories who abolished the rule that Hbc cllrs could only have 1special allowance. You will note that I am only claiming ONE I repeat (because you appear under a false delusion) ONE special responsibilty allowance.

There is at least 1Tory councillor being paid a substanial special allowance who has not attended every meeting of that committee. I will leave it to you to discover the vice chair I am refering too. None of the Labour group is paid an extra allowance for attending any of these meetings.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by claytonender; 27-02-2009 at 23:10.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 23:13   #161
God Member

Quote:
I was comparing the level of Allowances of Hyndburn to those of Rossendale. I did not (as far as I am aware say that Peter Britcliffe should be paid the same as Rossendale). It is the Tories who abolished the rule that Hbc cllrs could only have 1special allowance. You will note that I am only claiming ONE I repeat (because you appear under a false delusion) ONE special responsibilty allowance.
There is at least 1Tory councillor being paid a substanial special allowance who has not attended every meeting of that committee. I will leave it to you to discover the vice chair I am refering too. None of the Labour group is paid an extra allowance for attending any of these meetings.

Posted via Mobile Device
If Rossendale Councillors did the job for less than £3k in 2007-2008 - why does it take 95% more in members allowance for Hyndburn Borough Councillors to do their job. Are you 95% better at doing the work than the Rossendale Councillors?
Old 27-02-2009, 23:15   #162

Quote:

Same old money grasping Hyndburn Tories.
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 23:16   #163
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Yes, Andrewb's mother although you get upset if it's mentioned, why who do you think you are?
Oh I didn't think of that!

I was trying to think of a Biblical woman who was lame.

Doh.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 23:20   #164
God Member

Claytonender, you directly compared Britcliffes allowances with Rossendale. Does it hurt when somebody does the same for your allowances? Awh.
Old 27-02-2009, 23:20   #165
Give, give, give member

Quote:
constantly trying to trip the Conservatives up.
They seem more than capable of doing that themselves.

If they ever have enough skills to master tying their own shoelaces, things might hopefully improve on that front.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..