Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2006, 20:54   #1
God Member

favourite toys

My 16 yr old and i was having a natter today over our fav toys as youngsters and he was gobsmacked when i told him that mine was a big wooden fort with soldiers etc and my train set, racing cars and action man . I was a right tom boy and hated girlie things like dolls and prams ......
So come on you accywebbers , what was your fav toy as a child ?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2006, 20:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: favourite toys

Simon.................
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:13   #3
God Member

My books - i know they weren't a toy as such but i loved my books and ive still got a couple of them now! Also i had my cuddly toys which lived in my bed - now they live on top of the wardrobe looking down.

I did have the mainly girly toys dolls - tiny tears and sindy, my pram that i played with was my sisters same with the cot mind you i slept in that cot for a couple of nights until my cot was delivered when i was born! The thing was i was 6 when my niece was born and mum used to look after her and i used to get the same pressies as she did - can you imagine it you are at high school and we'd gone back after xmas what did you get for xmas - a girls world - i was 13! That way when she came up here she had the same things to play with as when she was at home. Can remember one year i wanted a table tennis table so my dad built one in the back garden and for my birthday party we all had tea round it. Also it took 2 table tennis nets to go across it! lol

My niece was like you as well cherokee - she wanted an evel knievel for xmas and her mum (my sis) wouldnt buy her one but grandma did (my mum)! lol Its what they call granny power - if mum wont buy it you granny will! lol
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:20   #4
white rabbits

A game my dad made one christmas,,it was called bagatelle,,,we hadent much money ,and it must have taken hours and hours to make,but me and my brother thought it was great.......THOSE WERE THE DAYS when xmas was about giving pleasure and not how much money things cost
Old 23-08-2006, 21:23   #5
God Member

HAHA nice one jen ......my aunt once bought me a tiny tears doll and i got my action man to beat her up ..then i tied her to a pole and cammed her face up and set my indians and cowboys on her, my mum went mad , but i thought it was so funny ..that story gets loadsa laughs off my kids now though
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:25   #6

Talking

Action Man I would tie one of his wrist to some cotton and daggle him out of the upstairs window. had my mum jump 6 ft in the air more than once . my bike never off that thing ,I was a tom boy, anything i could crash into them Mum got me and my sister tippy tumble dolls one year mine was tumbling over blocks very soon.
gem5665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:31   #7
Resting in Peace

My brother's Meccano. Didn't like dolls, but love babies now.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:37   #8
God Member

My play post office

At primary school we'd just gone through a phase of collecting each others addresses and telephone numbers. Sooo during the summer holidays I decided to send out invites to a party to all my friends at school for 3 week later than the date I sent them out. (There was no party really and forgot about it a day later.) I addressed all the envelopes with the little play stamps that you get in the set! When I got back to school after the holidays they all told me that the post man had knocked all their parents up and they had to pay the 12p (I think it was at the time) postage costs.
Old 23-08-2006, 21:44   #9
Len
God Member

Chemistry sets and electronic kits. With the Electronic kits you could wire up, with direction a crystal radio, a two transistor radio and many different sound generators all good fun. Can’t say I learnt anything but still good fun.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 22:09   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
My play post office

At primary school we'd just gone through a phase of collecting each others addresses and telephone numbers. Sooo during the summer holidays I decided to send out invites to a party to all my friends at school for 3 week later than the date I sent them out. (There was no party really and forgot about it a day later.) I addressed all the envelopes with the little play stamps that you get in the set! When I got back to school after the holidays they all told me that the post man had knocked all their parents up and they had to pay the 12p (I think it was at the time) postage costs.
Trust you ... no heart that Post Office, have they ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 22:15   #11
Give, give, give member

A ventriloquist dummy called Charlie.

My God he was a foul mouthed evil little man.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 19:06   #12
God Member

Star Wars figures - guess what my five year old will be getting for his sixth birthday next month.
Old 24-08-2006, 19:49   #13
Accy Goddess

My books and a baby doll I called Jean.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 19:55   #14
God Member

I loved my 'Chatty Kathy' doll, think she was probably my favourite and a teddy I got from my great grandad when I was 2 years old - still got him ?? years later
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 20:00   #15
Accy Goddess

Accy Mad. I'm sooooo jealous. I went mad for a chatty Cathy but never got one.
Didn't have a teddy either.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..