Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2007, 13:57   #61
God Member

Re: favourite toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
I wonder if in years to come there will still be people reminissing such a wide selection of their childhood toys ??
I can see it now lol
playstation
nintendo
xbox
etc
You won't hear them mentioning their favourite doll or suchlike, it is a shame really.
Old 16-08-2007, 14:55   #62
God Member

My train set .. Hornby OO with the Duchess of Montrose ... and one of those neat little mail coaches that picked up (well, if it decided to work) little mailbags ... I remember that on the day I got it, I had to wait for every adult male in my extended family played with it until I got my turn. Also a microscope thro which I could look at assorted fly body parts, and books ... all kinds, particularly "Two Years Before the Mast."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 15:04   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
My train set .. Hornby OO with the Duchess of Montrose ... and one of those neat little mail coaches that picked up (well, if it decided to work) little mailbags ... I remember that on the day I got it, I had to wait for every adult male in my extended family played with it until I got my turn. Also a microscope thro which I could look at assorted fly body parts, and books ... all kinds, particularly "Two Years Before the Mast."
It's a pity the youngsters of today won't have such memories All they will remember are video games
Old 23-10-2007, 00:00   #64

mine was my chopper bike
Old 23-10-2007, 09:09   #65

My favourite game as a youngster was Arnold Palmers Pro Shot Golf, spent ages messing with that, used to try to hit the dog when he was havin a nap. In later years favs were pushbike and a football, used to love knocking a ball about.
Old 09-07-2011, 20:35   #66
Bee
I am Banned

A ride on rubbish truck.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 20:54   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
A ride on rubbish truck.
Shame yeh got off.
Old 09-07-2011, 22:16   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
A ventriloquist dummy called Charlie.

My God he was a foul mouthed evil little man.
Charlie did have friends.

Nelly the elephant, Benjy bunny, and Minne the mole.

All with beautiful haute couture clothes to wear.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:09   #69
Bee
I am Banned

Also my other favourite toys as a kid was Lego Duplo, ELC Wooden World & a toy car park full of cars.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:04   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Also my other favourite toys as a kid was Lego Duplo, ELC Wooden World & a toy car park full of cars.
What do you mean as a kid
Old 11-07-2011, 00:12   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
OHHHHHH yeah!!! I had a few of those too ..... I remember one which was dolphins and you had to press the button to fire water up and try and hook the ring on the dolphins nose
Yes I had that one too.

My fave toys were Lego and a Hornby Trainset.

I remember I got one year a shaker-maker which you had to make Disney characters by making up some mixture then you poured into moulds waited for it to set then you painted it.
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 16:00   #72
Bee
I am Banned

Also my other fave toys were a play vacuum cleaner and a fictional convertible toy car with Mickey Mouse in.
Old 11-07-2011, 17:14   #73
God Member

I liked kaleidoscopes.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 17:52   #74
Full Member+

Look back 50-years or so and recognise how much technology has advanced to a stage that it has turned many a modern day youngster into a mercenary monster who would in no way be satisfied with the primitive playthings kids enjoyed in the 'good old days'! Anyone recall the Punch and Judy puppet characters that used to be printed on the back of cornflake packets that could be cut out, reinforced and strung together? The packets were also designed to be adapted into a mini display booth using a little glue (made from flour and water) and imagination. The complete set included Toby the dog and the crocodile. Thought I'd lost my rose tinted glasses!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 17:57   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Look back 50-years or so and recognise how much technology has advanced to a stage that it has turned many a modern day youngster into a mercenary monster who would in no way be satisfied with the primitive playthings kids enjoyed in the 'good old days'! Anyone recall the Punch and Judy puppet characters that used to be printed on the back of cornflake packets that could be cut out, reinforced and strung together? The packets were also designed to be adapted into a mini display booth using a little glue (made from flour and water) and imagination. The complete set included Toby the dog and the crocodile. Thought I'd lost my rose tinted glasses!
Ya just look at what its going to cost parents for Christmas presents this year Stumped, its ridiculous

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..