Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2010, 14:29   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Flash mob in Accy

You mean this was funded and cost money?

How Much?

Why? Whats the Purpose / Goal?

How long where they actually on broadway for?
Old 24-11-2010, 14:33   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Very apt, as was held outside "Poundworld." you can't moan anyway shaz, you aint paid fer it.
Old 24-11-2010, 14:51   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Neil, I know what many people think of the Observer now......it is nothing like the local paper that represented the town for so many years......it feels like it is being run by amateurs who have absolutely no interest in local issues.
I had reason to email one of the reporters listed in the Observer,
she emailed back that she no longer works on the Observer, yet one month later she is still listed as a reporter.
Its now a load of rubbish as far as Accrington is concerned.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Neil; 24-11-2010 at 16:28. Reason: fixed quote
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 15:05   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
You mean this was funded and cost money?

How Much?

Why? Whats the Purpose / Goal?

How long where they actually on broadway for?
It cost £1,160.00
see thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post860743

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 15:15   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Cheers for the link.

£1,160.00. WOW is all I can say, Money well spent.
Old 24-11-2010, 20:25   #21
God Member

Well, we've already had this conversation on another thread. I suppose that this is now a first - the first publically funded instance of 'Flash Mobing', ever, ever in the world. Maybe the money would have been better spent on 'Flash Flushing', whereby a thousand pounds in mixed denominational notes would have been flushed down the public loos in and by the Market Hall. The TV rights could also have been sold - maybe at a handsome profit.

Whatever, this is still an outrage. Accy is now a laughing stock, thanks to this stupid, stupid exercise.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 21:56   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Whatever, this is still an outrage. Accy is now a laughing stock, thanks to this stupid, stupid exercise.
I think you are making yourself the laughing stock with your narrow minded views on just about anything Gayle does, except of course when she was helping out Stanley. It's a shame that a few members on here can't see the true purpose of an event like this and just use it to have a moan. When you pull your finger out and do something for the area like Gayle does I hope you don't get a few moaning minnies whinging about your hard work.

Ignore them Gayle and promote your very welcome hard work for our towns somewhere else.

Lifes to short, we will all be dead when it hits the fan in Korea any way.

Last edited by Neil; 25-11-2010 at 05:36.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 06:46   #23
God Member

ok so who would you rather watch? Aldo zilli who cost over 8 thousand pounds or something that has been put together in a great way (and gets accy folk interested) and only costs just over ONE thousand pounds? you accy folk really do need to see things for what they are......ah i know what it is, none of you have teenage children....now i get it, if it's not benefitting you you have to slag it off
Old 25-11-2010, 07:35   #24
God Member

think this is a better example of what a 'flashmob' should be ... a bunch of local folks of all ages who decide to surprise the grazers at local a food court
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 10:02   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I . It's a shame that a few members on here can't see the true purpose of an event like this and just use it to have a moan. When you pull your finger out and do something for the area like Gayle does I hope you don't get a few moaning minnies whinging about your hard work.

Ignore them Gayle and promote your very welcome hard work for our towns somewhere else.

Absolutely spot on Neil, couldn't agree more mate.
Old 25-11-2010, 14:54   #26
Junior Member+

Fantastic that Steeljack, loved to have been there. Get the kids involved or stop moaning. Well done Gayle.
marcopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 15:06   #27
Senior Member+

I dont knock anything anyone does for the GOOD of the town.

I just dont see why there was a cost involved at all.

Ok, what good did the event do for the town?
Old 25-11-2010, 20:09   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Ok, what good did the event do for the town?
I was thinking about how much the kids involved got out of it.
Old 25-11-2010, 21:08   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
well i think its a great idea, i think what Gayle does for Hyndburn is wonderful, who cares if it wasn't perfect, it's not supposed to be, its supposed to be as if everyone just joined in, it's keeping kids off street corners, giving them something to focus on and helping them have fun, i just wish we had a Gayle in Blackburn...... i think the negative comments about this are awful.... maybe you didn't have the chance to do this sort of thing when you where growing up...things have changed, it makes me so angry when people moan about things that are helping the future generations...GRRRRRR
Agree with you hon ... looks like a lot of fun, and I can't see why anyone would want to bitch about it. I would like to see something like that here in Kingston ... maybe on ice, on the rink behind City Hall
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 21:15   #30

I thought the whole idea of flash mobbing was spontineity.
The people involved new and no one else then they all turn up do the flash mob and blend back into the background.
Wether Saturdays event was good or not, did anything for the town or not it certainly wasn't flash mobbing. I new about it weeks ago, and not through a text message. So call it anything you like just not flash mobbing.
There thats my bit said.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..