Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Flash mob in Accy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/flash-mob-in-accy-55792.html)

flashy 24-11-2010 07:48

Flash mob in Accy

well done Gayle :) i wonder if any accywebbers joined in

Video: Hundreds stun town centre shoppers with 'flash mob' dance - Accrington Observer

Mick 24-11-2010 07:56

Re: Flash mob in Accy

not the ones in the railway we where to busy:thepint::thepint::thepint:

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2010 08:13

I'm just wondering who did the count........

MargaretR 24-11-2010 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 863937)
I'm just wondering who did the count........

Me too - I have watched the video - seemed more like 30, and they weren't dancing in unison.

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2010 10:30

Margaret, I thought it was just me being hypercritical again.
The You Tube clip isn't very good.......and I just think it makes us (as a town) look foolish.(just my opinion)
I was on Broadway on Saturday(not for the flash mob thing - I missed those...yes it was calculated)and although it was busy, it was no busier than any other Saturday on the run up to Christmas.

Neil 24-11-2010 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 863971)
The You Tube clip isn't very good.......

Looks to me like it was done by someone on a mobile phone and uploaded to there own youtube account so it wont be perfect will it? I am not sure if any professional filming was done or not.

It looked like fun to me and I still think its great that so many kids were involved with this.

***Mr D*** 24-11-2010 11:20

400?

Dont think accrington Centre has ever seen 400 people during the day.:D

MargaretR 24-11-2010 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 863977)
Looks to me like it was done by someone on a mobile phone and uploaded to there own youtube account so it wont be perfect will it? I am not sure if any professional filming was done or not.

It looked like fun to me and I still think its great that so many kids were involved with this.

You could see that those adolescents(not 'kids') were enjoying the experience. They didn't look well trained at all - so was the taxpayers money well spent?- I think not. Those who participated could have done it without 'training', and on being told that they were allowed to dance in the streets, would have organised it themselves - probably better.

flashy 24-11-2010 11:45

well i think its a great idea, i think what Gayle does for Hyndburn is wonderful, who cares if it wasn't perfect, it's not supposed to be, its supposed to be as if everyone just joined in, it's keeping kids off street corners, giving them something to focus on and helping them have fun, i just wish we had a Gayle in Blackburn...... i think the negative comments about this are awful.... maybe you didn't have the chance to do this sort of thing when you where growing up...things have changed, it makes me so angry when people moan about things that are helping the future generations...GRRRRRR

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2010 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 863977)

It was on the Observer link.....wouldn't you think that they would have found something that was better to represent the activity....either that or posted only stills taken from a better angle........or am I being hypercritical again? No...don't answer that!

Neil 24-11-2010 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 863999)
It was on the Observer link...

Enough said, do a search on AccyWeb and see what many people think of the Observer now.

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2010 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 863989)
well i think its a great idea, i think what Gayle does for Hyndburn is wonderful, who cares if it wasn't perfect, it's not supposed to be, its supposed to be as if everyone just joined in, it's keeping kids off street corners, giving them something to focus on and helping them have fun, i just wish we had a Gayle in Blackburn...... i think the negative comments about this are awful.... maybe you didn't have the chance to do this sort of thing when you where growing up...things have changed, it makes me so angry when people moan about things that are helping the future generations...GRRRRRR

Shaz, I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with your viewpoint.

This activity might have taken some young people off the street corners for a very short while.......and because I think I read somewhwere that the young folk were from The Accross College, I rather think they would not be the ones who hung about on street corners.

The value of this activity is transitory....it has no lasting effect........and I think the money could have been used to better purpose.
And it loked on the clip like everyone had 'just joined in' rather than some of the youngsters having been taught the routine.......not imppressive at all.

I got to do 'Country Dancing' when I was growing up, but not on Broadway.
I'm not moaning, just commenting with my own opinion.

Neil 24-11-2010 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 863983)
They didn't look well trained at all - so was the taxpayers money well spent?- I think not.

Is was not just about the end product in my opinion but how the kids got there and what they got out of the experiance.

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2010 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 864003)
Enough said, do a search on AccyWeb and see what many people think of the Observer now.

Neil, I know what many people think of the Observer now......it is nothing like the local paper that represented the town for so many years......it feels like it is being run by amateurs who have absolutely no interest in local issues.
They were happy to report the event, but not interested enough to send someone who could take pictures that would portray the event accurately, preferring to use a second rate You Tube clip......says a lot doesn't it?

Sara 24-11-2010 13:39

As flashy says well done Gayle, and i agree with Neil it did look like a lot of fun.