Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2010, 10:19   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Flash mob in Accy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
you really know nothing about the people of accyweb do you Barrie, if you knew anything you would know that i don't live in Accrington, if you took notice of posts other than to slag them off then you would know more about people....me not venturing away...now thats the funniest thing i've heard this year
I don't hide who I am, or where I live. I am quite open about it, unlike many others.
In your particular case I really don't care who you are, where you live now or have lived in the past.
As for - "if you took notice of posts other than to slag them off then you would know more about people", you will need to be somewhat more specific.
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2010, 11:00   #77
God Member

Barrie, start reading things properly before you start judging things you know nothing about

enough said
Old 27-11-2010, 14:58   #78

Anyone know how the flash mob in Preston market went this afternoon???
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 15:09   #79
Resting in Peace

Thought Preston were away this week
Old 27-11-2010, 15:39   #80
Full Member+

I hadn't realised that Accyweb members were responsible for Accrington Town Centre being a shambles.

I thought that it was down to the local Council, who over the years, have been too busy playing party politics to realise that their vision for the town centre was non existent.

The resulting mess is only testament to their inability to do the job they were elected for.

As for the Flash Mob - it was a bit of fun and that is all.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 17:06   #81
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Anyone know how the flash mob in Preston market went this afternoon???
So that's what the EDL are calling themselves nowadays. All that singing & dancing, suppose it'll keep em' warm especially in this weather.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 22:22   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Nice of you to contribute lindsay
Don't get me started, after meeting Mr Pritchard last week I am being incredibly diplomatic and kind and keeping schtum.
Old 27-11-2010, 22:30   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Don't get me started, after meeting Mr Pritchard last week I am being incredibly diplomatic and kind and keeping schtum.
as well as moaning about people moaning.
Old 28-11-2010, 09:12   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Your too quick of the mark cashy
Old 28-11-2010, 17:38   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think you are making yourself the laughing stock with your narrow minded views on just about anything Gayle does, except of course when she was helping out Stanley. It's a shame that a few members on here can't see the true purpose of an event like this and just use it to have a moan. When you pull your finger out and do something for the area like Gayle does I hope you don't get a few moaning minnies whinging about your hard work.

Ignore them Gayle and promote your very welcome hard work for our towns somewhere else.
Congratulations, Neil, on a splendid piece of sanctimonious drivel. I assume your replied as such because you felt unable to delete my post but nevertheless it would have been a good idea before you did reply to check out your facts.

I do not attack Gayle on everything she does; in fact, it is just the opposite - I quite admire the way she has to raise and allocate a very small amount of financial recourses for arts in Hyndburn. You can take it from me that my silence on most of her projects means only approval.

However, in the instance of the Flash mob and the Vicky swimming gala, this appears both to myself and to most other commentators on here to be an absolute waste of public money - more so in the current economic climate.

Anyway, just to show you how nice I am - here's a smiley for you. And there's one for Gayle, as well.

Last edited by Neil; 28-11-2010 at 18:06. Reason: fix quote
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 18:02   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think you are making yourself the laughing stock with your narrow minded views on just about anything Gayle does, except of course when she was helping out Stanley. It's a shame that a few members on here can't see the true purpose of an event like this and just use it to have a moan. When you pull your finger out and do something for the area like Gayle does I hope you don't get a few moaning minnies whinging about your hard work.

Ignore them Gayle and promote your very welcome hard work for our towns somewhere else.

quote]

Congratulations, Neil, on a splendid piece of sanctimonious drivel. I assume your replied as such because you felt unable to delete my post but nevertheless it would have been a good idea before you did reply to check out your facts.

I do not attack Gayle on everything she does; in fact, it is just the opposite - I quite admire the way she has to raise and allocate a very small amount of financial recourses for arts in Hyndburn. You can take it from me that my silence on most of her projects means only approval.

However, in the instance of the Flash mob and the Vicky swimming gala, this appears both to myself and to most other commentators on here to be an absolute waste of public money - more so in the current economic climate.

Anyway, just to show you how nice I am - here's a smiley for you. And there's one for Gayle, as well.

Your kindness personified Tealeaf

Last edited by Neil; 28-11-2010 at 18:07. Reason: fix quote
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 18:07   #87
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post

Thanks mate, I have a nice warm feeling inside now
Old 28-11-2010, 20:02   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No Cashy ... as someone is fond of saying : 'Just an observation' ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 09:29   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
No Cashy ... as someone is fond of saying : 'Just an observation' ...
Thats whats great about Accy Web Kate, there are a lot of trained observers
Old 10-12-2010, 23:40   #90
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
You mean this was funded and cost money?

How Much?
£1,160.00

Partly funded by the council tax payers of Hyndburn.

When next year's bills arrive do please take a moment to reflect on the value of publicly funded art in our borough...or a few chavs, line dancing on Broadway, funded to a tune of over eleven hunded pounds, depending on your point of view.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..