Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2008, 18:07   #1
mez
God Member

For The Attention Of Mick & Accyweb

As of tonight i resign my post as "entertainmet co-ordinator" i am sick to the back teeth of accyweb & its "pettyness" " back biting " & innuendo's.

If you have not noticed quite a lot of the original members have distanced themselves from this site & with good cause too.As im now doing so.

i won't miss this site at all. good luck to mick & all mods. GOOD BYE ALL.

please take a look at my avatar .............that should give you a hint of my feelings.
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2008, 18:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: For The Attention Of Mick & Accyweb

such a shame you feel that way,
sorry to see you go..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 19:33   #3
God Member

dont go Mez you will be very muchly missed
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 21:01   #4
Passed away 25-11-09

I don't take any notice of the carping, bitching, etc., even when it's directed at me. As far as I'm concerned this is just a website, it's not real life, and I can take it or leave it as the mood takes me. If a thread gets nasty, personal, whatever, I just don't post. If something interests me, annoys me or I disagree strongly, I say so and that's the end of it. If I get a nasty reply - it's water off a duck's back and, to be honest, it usually makes me laugh (especially when the spelling's a bit iffy ).

Mez, if you want to stop posting that's your prerogative. I presume you're announcing your decision to make a point and it's sad that you feel you need to do so. It's been nice talking to you.
Old 18-11-2008, 21:01   #5
God Member

it'll all be nice again on Friday, i'm off

so please come back
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 21:20   #6
God Member

Aww mez, please dont, who will I take the mickey out of at meets? And who will give me a slap for being lippy? You are one of the good reasons to go to a meet in the first place, I and many others enjoy your company, and your wit, I am not usually violent, but may be forced to come down to yours and tie ya up, chuck you in the car, and carry you to the meet... AND I will probably get plenty of offers of help! please dont leave accyweb mez! x
Old 18-11-2008, 21:24   #7
Resting in Peace

Just wondering if that fairy has got a bad case of ingrowing toenail, verrucas or fungal infection ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 22:32   #8
God Member

Awww sorry to hear this Mez, will miss you!! I have more or less ignored a lot of the pettiness on here but must admit I do post less, not sure why but half the time it is I just can't be bothered, which I suppose is not good!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 09:05   #9
Senior Member+

Oh eck Mez, Things must be getting pretty bad for you to say those things and mean them as i feel you do at this precise moment. You will be missed greatly by some of us take care in all you do in your life Mez i hope this is not the last i hear from you. xxx
Old 19-11-2008, 09:34   #10
Resting in Peace

Re: For The Attention Of Mick & Acsysweb

I have to say that I'm sorry Mez has decided to throw the towel in, the only way to change things is to stay and fight your corner, and point out when you think people are out of line. From my own point of view, I never really take things serious, I can have a dust up with other members but hey I just forget about it afterwards. When you consider we have around 15000 members which is growing every day, Accy Web must be one of the best of its kind anywhere, you only have to take a look at other local sites to see what I mean, although I like these other sites there is nothing like Accy Web. Its only when you are unable to access this site that you realise what your missing, I know I did. Please Mez think about it before you make final decision, no one wants to see you leave, especially if its through other people and remember if some one really upsets you you can always tell them were to get off () seems to work for me
Old 19-11-2008, 09:41   #11
Caz
God Member

Jaysay, where has anyone had a bust up with Mez? who would want to? she's lovely. If it's referring to the meet thread, which it seems to be, people were voicing their opinions and giving suggestions, what on earth is wrong with that?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 11:11   #12
Resting in Peace

Re: For The Attention Of Mick & Acsysweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Jaysay, where has anyone had a bust up with Mez? who would want to? she's lovely. If it's referring to the meet thread, which it seems to be, people were voicing their opinions and giving suggestions, what on earth is wrong with that?
I was referring to bust ups in general, of which there are many on here.
Old 19-11-2008, 19:05   #13
Senior Member+

BYE !!!!

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 19:50   #14
God Member

If the only problem is "pettiness" (backbiting and innuendo, fit well into the general "petty" category) why elevate it into something important, or legitimize it by quitting ... I realize that ignoring it won't make it go away, but, if your foot itches, scratch it; don't amputate your leg.

However, sorry to see you go .... hope you change your mind.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 20:14   #15
Senior Member+

Seems a bit ott to me too, don't get me wrong, I like Mez and appreciate what she has done but, hey, if you don't want the responsibility, just step away from that area, I know how these meets have gone and I know how annoying it is when things fall on their arse ( Accy Cricket Club, made special effort to get real ale on , fitted new pump, total turn up..... 5).
Folk won't commit and too complacent, so make it more casual, suggest a date, no pressure, no pub is gonna turn down the business and whoever can make it does so.
I personally haven't been to the last couple because since becoming a Mod I was treated differently ( stupid and petty but true) and because I don't want to be in the same room as some folk on here. ( sad but true).
But I will commit to attending one in the New Year regardless of who is there and how I am treated; Accyweb should be one big happy family, those that have made it otherwise know who they are and hopefully will either rectify their behaviour or take themselves elsewhere.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..