Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2007, 17:34   #91
God Member

Re: greg pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Hilariously witty. You are like the new Oscar Wilde.

Now just run off and find proof of what you claim Greg Pope said, there's a good chap.
I think I will go to watch stanley instead...... sorry... just another man letting you down
Old 16-01-2007, 17:36   #92
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
I think I will go to watch stanley instead...... sorry... just another man letting you down

That's it.

Run off and play with your friends.

I shan't be waiting with bated breath for you to return with the proof to back up your statement, shall I?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 17:38   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I shan't be waiting with bated breath for you to return with the proof to back up your statement, shall I?
I wouldnt if I was you.. I think you have wasted enough of your life...
Old 16-01-2007, 17:38   #94
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Well since the rubbish thing is the council and law and order is police, I dont see where greg pope comes in to this, unless he voted to legalize hard drugs, which im pretty sure he hasnt!
he should be concerned as he claims to care about hyndburn
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 17:39   #95
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
I wouldnt if I was you.. I think you have wasted enough of your life...
No, I have faith in you, that hopefully you will one day find the evidence to back up your arguments...again.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 17:43   #96
God Member

kipax blows garinda a kiss............ keep ya going until I get back...
Old 16-01-2007, 17:44   #97
Junior Member+

on a final note on this thread i think greg is just complacent as he knows we vote for him the competition is non existent. i like people who are forthright
Old 16-01-2007, 17:49   #98
Resident Waffler

I wish I knew what it was you expected him to do and then we'd know how feasable it was.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 18:01   #99
Junior Member+

its not what he did willow its the way he fobbed me off ith a letter and didnt point out to me at the time that my case didnt have much substance. i also didnt like the way his deputy was trying to defend him in a overbearing fashion
Old 16-01-2007, 19:40   #100
God Member

For his parliamentary record visit

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/gre...ndburn#numbers

In my mind there are two ways that a local MP should be working for us

1. dealing with issues that are relevant to the whole country that quite frankly the rest of us can't be bothered about or aren't informed enough about to make decisions - take a look at the list of papers that he has signed and answer honestly would you be prepared to wade through all the papers and make a decision on any of these points. It's his job to make decisions on our behalf on these issues.

2. local issues that he can campaign or get involved in - i.e. a road crossing for a school or local health service - bearing in mind that he has no powers and decisions are with the local council. What he does on these issues is take up people's cases. A good example, St Mary's school needed a crossing or something else to ensure that the children got across Mayfield Ave safely - he joined the campaign by writing to Lancs County Council on the parents behalf and we now have a lollipop man there. I'm not saying that he personally got a crossing there but he certainly added weight to the argument. He has helped me on a number of occassions by being a referee for funding bids and is very supportive on that score when it involves bringing more money into the borough.

If you've had a bad experience and the results didn't go your way then just consider is it really his fault that things didn't go your way or is it because the local council were never going to do anything in the first place?

The government gets blamed for a lot of things - but you have to separate local issues from national ones as I have always said. We have a Conservative council and it's very easy to blame the government but a lot of the stuff is more local than that.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Last edited by Gayle; 16-01-2007 at 19:44.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 20:16   #101
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
on a final note on this thread i think greg is just complacent as he knows we vote for him the competition is non existent. i like people who are forthright
Forthright= Direct and without evasion

Above is the definition of forthright, which is something you don't seem to have been in this thread.

You started it with:-
Quote:
hi i was just curious to see what others thought of our mp . i went to see him recently and he wrote a letter on my behalf after i had given a load of details about my issue. from his response it seemed he must have known what the reply would be but conveniently he wrote the letter anyway. ( to make it seem he had done something i guess) ii found him lacking substance and if a someone with more personality came to oust him i would vote regardless of the party. wat are others experiences
and despite people asking you politely, you have continued to evade telling them what exactly it is that you wanted our M.P. to do. How then can you expect anyone on here to give an honest opinion about the result of what he has done for you, if you are not willing to give them all the facts?

If what you asked was of such personal nature that you can't discuss it on here then I for one think you are going to have to learn to live with the results of what he has done for you because if with the facts given to him by you, Greg couldn't help, how can we decide that he didn't try hard enough for you when we don't know what you're talking about?

Last edited by Less; 16-01-2007 at 20:18.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 20:23   #102
God Member

On a side note less, is your avatar from the game Dungeon Keeper?
Old 16-01-2007, 20:34   #103
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
On a side note less, is your avatar from the game Dungeon Keeper?
No it isn't.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 20:54   #104
Senior Member+

I have met Greg on many occasions and he is a very decent and professional bloke.He helped the Our Price employees when we were made redundant 3 years ago and was very supportive throughout the whole sorry mess that it became. He has my support and faith in him;he does a great job;is often on the receiving end of unwarranted criticism and works incredibly hard for Hyndburn. The alternative is too hideous to contemplate.
Old 16-01-2007, 21:33   #105

Ok here's my two pence..... The only people who seem to be talking any real sense on the majority of this thread (not including those of you who have only chipped in here and there) are Cyfr and Garinda.

Kipax, with the greatest of respect, you are being a total ar*e.

And as for Skippy, the vagueness, the reticence, the evasiveness, the deliberate anti everything Greg Pope wise stance.......are you real or are you "someone else"?????????

Last edited by Shady McGough; 16-01-2007 at 21:34. Reason: spelling
Shady McGough is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..