Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2007, 23:00   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: greg pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
yes i dont think ive come across as a case of sour grapes its like i said my feelings were based on my instincts and these were coorroborated by a significant amount of people who have had similar dealings. i just think he lacked passion for our concerns its not simply acase of two sides to every story. i am mature enough to know that

Like Tinkerbelle said, we can't comment unless we know what help you wanted, and with what issues. You don't need to post all the details, just an outline. you won't be prosecuted under the Offical Secret's Act.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2007, 23:02   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Why should we care if he gets a Ministerial role under Blair, Brown, or whoever?

It would make no difference to us as our local MP, infact we might see less of him.
im not least bothered its just speculation on my part and after my meeting ive no intention of seeing him again
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 23:07   #18
Give, give, give member

If you genuinely feel your problem was dealt with properly, you can complain, and the matter will be investigated.

The address is on this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A1183321#7

Old 15-01-2007, 23:08   #19
God Member

Quote:
im not least bothered

You must be to bothered or you wouldn't have felt the need to post such a scathing attack on Greg Pope. People power sometimes helps and if we thought you had been treated unfairly I know quite a few of us would send Mr Pope an e-mail telling him what we thought.
Old 15-01-2007, 23:10   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
im not least bothered its just speculation on my part and after my meeting ive no intention of seeing him again

Are you actually upset with the treatment you received from Greg Pope, or the fact that the answers you were seeking didn't go the way you'd have liked them too?

By the way, he is a member on here and does post, so he may reply himself to your grievances.

Old 15-01-2007, 23:15   #21
Junior Member+

Quote:
Are you actually upset with the treatment you received from Greg Pope, or the fact that the answers you were seeking didn't go the way you'd have liked them too?

By the way, he is a member on here and does post, so he may reply himself to your grievances.
no its not the ansews themselves its just that he already knew (as his secretary told me ) of the impact of his letter i just wish he would have told me at the time because i did tell him that i was scared to 'annoy' the council by contacting them via my mp and did indicate that i didnt want a fruitless letter sent. by the way thanks for your kind offer tinkerbelle but i think i will leave my issue for now at least
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 23:20   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
no its not the ansews themselves its just that he already knew (as his secretary told me ) of the impact of his letter i just wish he would have told me at the time because i did tell him that i was scared to 'annoy' the council by contacting them via my mp and did indicate that i didnt want a fruitless letter sent. by the way thanks for your kind offer tinkerbelle but i think i will leave my issue for now at least

Again without knowing what on earth your problem is, it's difficult.

If he wrote a letter for you, and explained that it wouldn't do any good in this instance, for reasons he and his staff already knew, I think you were lucky he tried for you, and explained the limitations.

If I was your MP, I would have explained that to you, as nicely as possible, and not written a letter if it was going to be pointless, and then used my time to give help to someone who I could make a difference for.

Old 15-01-2007, 23:20   #23
Resting in peace

Quote:
hi i was just curious to see what others thought of our mp . i went to see him recently and he wrote a letter on my behalf after i had given a load of details about my issue. from his response it seemed he must have known what the reply would be but conveniently he wrote the letter anyway. ( to make it seem he had done something i guess) ii found him lacking substance and if a someone with more personality came to oust him i would vote regardless of the party. wat are others experiences
Skippy there is a gentleman somewhere near Rome with a similar name, for what it's worth you may as well ask him as British Member of Parliament. This is not a personal attack on Mr Greg Pope who I think under his limited powers does a sterling job.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 23:38   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
The only time in my life I needed the help of my MP was years ago, and that was Ken Hargreaves.
Rindy that should be Ken Hargreaves MBE.

I have never spoken with Greg Pope so I can't comment on him.
Old 15-01-2007, 23:50   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Rindy that should be Ken Hargreaves MBE.

I have never spoken with Greg Pope so I can't comment on him.
I don't believe in the honours system, hence the lack of letters.

It's still ok for you to bow to me....as you leave, humbly, backwards, from my presence.

Old 16-01-2007, 09:18   #26
Resting in Peace

Neil you have spoken to him hehe
He is a member of accyweb
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 09:33   #27
God Member

Julie wrote to him when she was trying(and failing) to get a dentist appointment whislt covered under her maternity exemption cert. she was sorted within a couple of weeks and teh treatment done before it ran out.

I disagree with his stance on the war(and emailed to tell him so) and particularly for his comment that he did his own thing rather than what his constituency wanted. Good and bad IMHO

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 09:39   #28
Resident Waffler

I have never spoken to Greg Pope face to face but I have 'spoken' to him on AccyWeb and corresponded with him and found him to be interested in the issues I brought up, sensible in his responses and intelligent enough to know whether he could make a difference in overall policies or not.

In regards to one issue I found his response and reaction to be particularly well thought out, considering aspects which had not actually crossed my mind at the time but once brought up I could see why he chose to act as he did for the benefit of the greater good and consideration of other people.

Without knowing what the problem was which you took to him it's impossible to know whether his actions were commendable or not. If he already knew that he was unlikely to be able to change the outcome of a situation the fact that he was willing to get involved at all I would regard as commendable. Sometimes even an MP cannot change things to benefit one person if that in turn would cause problems for more others. It's difficult to know if that was the case here without actually knowing the situation.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 09:53   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I disagree with his stance on the war(and emailed to tell him so) and particularly for his comment that he did his own thing rather than what his constituency wanted. Good and bad IMHO
I didn't care what his vote was to be honest.. just his self centered and stuff the constituants bit.... its somehting that has stuck and seeing him in the paper every other week after that in some far off country really didn't endear himself to me... nice job eh... travel the world be an mp...

maybe if he actualy did soemhting for hyndburn that we could see was good and made a difference... i daresay he does good all over the place.... what i mean is somehting good everyone can see... cus all i seem to see is reports from around the world...
Old 16-01-2007, 10:50   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Neil you have spoken to him hehe
He is a member of accyweb
There is speak and their is speak. You can't tell what someone is really like until you have had face to face dealings with them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..