Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2012, 21:31   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong in thinking that the blood of those murdered children is as much on the hands of anyone arguing against tougher gun laws in the US as it is on the hands of the 'deranged 24 year old'?
Did anyone say you were?
gynn likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2012, 21:59   #152
God Member

yes banning guns in america will stop lunartics walking into schools and blasting children to kingdom come because when we banned guns in the UK not one criminal since that day has shot a child with a gun nor has any criminal ever hurt anyone since that day with a gun

get a grip if they ban guns the bad guys still get their hands on them

terrible thing that happened but if guns had been banne dit would most likely still have happened

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 14-12-2012 at 22:01.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 22:20   #153
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Far as i know guns have always been banned here,unless yeh got a licence from the police station? apart from air guns etc that is.
Old 14-12-2012, 22:26   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Far as i know guns have always been banned here,unless yeh got a licence from the police station? apart from air guns etc that is.
government introduced a total ban apart from a few exceptions after that lunartic went mental in hungerford i think it was

took guns away from people who kept guns in safe storage in their homes and were only used at gun clubs etc yet police still find themselves needing an armed response unit and officers patroling airports with machin guns

not defending guns just pointing out the obvious that banning something dosnt stop it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 14-12-2012, 22:47   #155
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
government introduced a total ban apart from a few exceptions after that lunartic went mental in hungerford i think it was

took guns away from people who kept guns in safe storage in their homes and were only used at gun clubs etc yet police still find themselves needing an armed response unit and officers patroling airports with machin guns

not defending guns just pointing out the obvious that banning something dosnt stop it
Fair enough, i lost interest long before that due to the police refusing to give us a licence.
Old 15-12-2012, 00:21   #156
Senior Member+

America's worst school shooting: Nation rocked by massacre as gunman kills 20 children - Americas - World - The Independent

And yet people still believe in God.
Old 15-12-2012, 08:33   #157
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
And yet people still believe in God.
Don't get fixated with this God thing he gave you free will to believe or not believe, he also gave them the free will to kill or not to kill.
It's just his little get out clause and don't forget his son died to clear everyone of their sins, even Stalin is innocent.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 09:28   #158
God Member

you mean the same god that gives aids to babies in africa ?

Old 15-12-2012, 10:25   #159
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
you mean the same god that gives aids to babies in africa ?
So all the mothers that pass on Aids to their unborn children had sexual intercourse with God?
As stated in the preceding post, God gave us the will to choose - unless you live in a communist or many Islamic countries.
Old 15-12-2012, 10:44   #160
JFT96

Actually the ban on most guns was brought in after the Dunblane School killings in 1996, by the then Conservative Government. All the guns used in that massacre were Legally held.
In 1997 The Labour Government then ameded the law to ban all of them.

The Hungerford Killings were again committed with legally held guns.

I'm with Gynn and Barrie and everyone else here who is Pro gun control.
I have no doubt obtaining Illegal firearms is easy, I'm a scouser after all, but that is no excuse for not controlling the supply.
Of course there's always the NRA to tell us were wrong......

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 11:02   #161
Resting In Peace

I have just been reading the BBC news account of what happened in this case and it appears that the gunman killed his mother at home (she was a teacher at the school) and then drove to the school with several weapons.

At the school he had to be buzzed in to the building - this was done by the head teacher who recognised him. Surely she would have seen that he was carrying weapons even if they were in a case? He appeared to start shooting straight away. We can't ask the teacher if she saw the weapons as she is one of the victims of the shooting.
Old 15-12-2012, 11:05   #162
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Fact he was the son of a teacher yon, nowt wrong probably would enter the heads head?
Old 15-12-2012, 11:18   #163
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Fact he was the son of a teacher yon, nowt wrong probably would enter the heads head?
Not even if he were carrying several items which could have been weapons?
Old 15-12-2012, 11:30   #164
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
very easy to be wise after event susie, if the lad was a regular visitor to the school, who knows? he could possibly have carried parcels etc in the past, possibly even those were checked? who knows? i sure as hell don't.
Old 15-12-2012, 11:42   #165
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Easy to hide two handguns, just push them in your belt and put a jacket on.
He had a rifle but it was found in his car. So nothing for the teacher to see.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..