Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 21:51   #121
God Member

Re: Gun Control

Whatever goes on in the USA has regarding gun control has nowt to do with us.. the main thing is that in this country there should be zero tolerance of any guns for any member of the public..zero.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2012, 21:57   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Whatever goes on in the USA has regarding gun control has nowt to do with us.. the main thing is that in this country there should be zero tolerance of any guns for any member of the public..zero.
Agree with you on that one - people who want them for sports should be under strict controls. In the USA I think the country have to face some demons about guns and maybe they don't want to face them - too many guns and they need to be taken out of circulation - that's what I think, that said it's nigh on impossible to remove those weapons that are currently owned by the public there!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 22:38   #123
God Member

I reckon most of us on here and not only the older bods have handled or at least seen shotguns and such in the past used to shoot rabbits,dogs,unwanted calfs and such but times change.. I don't see any reason for anyone other than the Police or Army should be allowed to own any guns.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 23:34   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
I reckon most of us on here and not only the older bods have handled or at least seen shotguns and such in the past used to shoot rabbits,dogs,unwanted calfs and such but times change.. I don't see any reason for anyone other than the Police or Army should be allowed to own any guns.
Yeh but...what about farmers and hunters - people who need guns to shoot deer, pheasant and other game and vermin, what do they do for a weapon?
Old 06-08-2012, 23:37   #125
God Member

Quote:
Problem is that many Americans don't want their government to have a monopoly on firearms. And many of those same Americans see their own government as the greatest threat to their freedom. If you feel like taking a trip through a sewer in a glass bottomed boat, check out some of the Arayan Nations web sites; you will get a good idea of how many yanks think.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:48   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Agree with you on that one - people who want them for sports should be under strict controls. In the USA I think the country have to face some demons about guns and maybe they don't want to face them - too many guns and they need to be taken out of circulation - that's what I think, that said it's nigh on impossible to remove those weapons that are currently owned by the public there!
They have a massive pro gun lobby in the states, with some very heavy weight backers, I know Charlton Heston was very active in this department for many years
Old 07-08-2012, 18:54   #127
Resting In Peace

It's often overlooked that shooting in this country provides jobs for many people, in the form of sport, estate management, pest control and the like. It's also an important factor in the conservation of many landscapes.

I'm not expecting folks to wade through it all but the following document, from the UK's premier organisation for shooters, the British Association for Shooting and Conservation, gives a straightforward assessment of the law and many other aspects of the subject of shooting including employment and conservation, towards the end.

http://www.basc.org.uk/download.cfm/...D2668B13576896
Old 07-08-2012, 18:56   #128
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
If you feel like taking a trip through a sewer in a glass bottomed boat, check out some of the Arayan Nations web sites; you will get a good idea of how many yanks think.
Eric, I went as far as looking up Aryan Nations on Wikipedia. When I saw how many organisations were listed in the USA I didn't go any further, feeling rather sick. It makes the BNP/NF over here look like a Sunday school picnic.
Old 07-08-2012, 20:00   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Eric, I went as far as looking up Aryan Nations on Wikipedia. When I saw how many organisations were listed in the USA I didn't go any further, feeling rather sick. It makes the BNP/NF over here look like a Sunday school picnic.
Damn right they do. And it's not just the blacks; jews come in for as much criticism (that's a euphemism) ...

A few years back, some good ol' boys decided it would be fun to drag a black man behind a pick up truck. They dragged him to his death. They are now in jail of course. But one of the Aryan groups claimed that they should have a gold medal in the "dragging a nigger behind a truck event" or something like that. If you have a strong stomach, and with your research skills, you should be able to find it on the web. They are not shy about taking advantage of their First Ammedment rights.
Old 07-08-2012, 20:03   #130
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Damn right they do. And it's not just the blacks; jews come in for as much criticism (that's a euphemism) ...
Yep, the only website I actually looked at was about Jews. I'm afraid I gave up after that.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:26   #131
God Member

Australians have been disarmed and gun crime has increased (if you believe this video)

!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 15:58   #132
God Member

And be caareful if you order stuff online

Man orders TV from Amazon, receives gun instead - Your Community
Old 10-08-2012, 17:13   #133
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Caareful Eric
Old 10-08-2012, 20:35   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They have a massive pro gun lobby in the states, with some very heavy weight backers, I know Charlton Heston was very active in this department for many years
Yes his famous words are; "from my cold, dead hands!" as he held up a rifle at a meeting. Meaning that he'd have to be dead before he gave up his weapons.

Last edited by kestrelx; 10-08-2012 at 20:38.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:59   #135
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yes his famous words are; "from my cold, dead hands!" as he held up a rifle at a meeting. Meaning that he'd have to be dead before he gave up his weapons.
He did

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..