Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2007, 23:54   #121
I am Banned

Re: Happy New Mosque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
hello Spinner. you have/read a book that explains everything? most people have read books that "explain" everything...just a few examples.. the bible,the koran,the cabal,jehova,karl marx,tesco club card scheme...all claim to explain everthing
my dad explained everything i would ever need to know to get me through life

in , out , repeat if need be
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2007, 23:56   #122
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
my dad explained everything i would ever need to know to get me through life

in , out , repeat if need be

Rumour has it, that it doesn't need repeating.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 23:57   #123
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Rumour has it, that it doesn't need repeating.

that damn good
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 00:15   #124
God Member

anti-semite and anti-Zionist (anti-Isreal) , completly different things , apples and oranges, One of the things I find offensive is the Israeli (zionist) "law of return" whereby any jew anywhere in the world can jump on a plane and claim sanctuary in Isreal and avoid deportation to any home country when wanted for suspected crimes (think there was a case a couple of years ago with a member of the LCC ) .
Since zionist theory and Israeli law holds that any jew anywhere in the world is also entitled to isreali citizenship as a birthright, and is entitled to dual citizenship and passport I wonder about loyalty of the political leaders in the western democracies who happen to be jewish , question.......would the British people allow into office a Prime Minister or Home secretary who had dual citizenship with say ....Pakistan ?

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 00:29   #125
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
anti-semite and anti-Zionist (anti-Isreal) , completly different things , apples and oranges, One of the things I find offensive is the Israeli (zionist) "law of return" whereby any jew anywhere in the world can jump on a plane and claim sanctuary in Isreal and avoid deportation to any home country when wanted for suspected crimes (think there was a case a couple of years ago with a member of the LCC ) .
Since zionist theory and Israeli law holds that any jew anywhere in the world is also entitled to isreali citizenship as a birthright, and is entitled to dual citizenship and passport I wonder about loyalty of the political leaders in the western democracies who happen to be jewish , question.......would the British people allow into office a Prime Minister or Home secretary who had dual citizenship with say ....Pakistan ?

I still think the phrase 'zionist greed', in a post exploring the the historical tolerance between Christianity and Islam, quite offensive, and ironic.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 00:37   #126
God Member

nice bit of info steeljack.. next time I'm smuggling in tons of ciggies I'll cliam I am Isreali/jewish by birthright and get deported to to Isreal free of charge under (what you cliam is international law..lol) spend a few weeks there and moaser on back to blighty in my own time!.. I don't belive a word.. are you saying that jewish people can roam the planet under no law doing what they feel like legally?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 00:43   #127
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
nice bit of info steeljack.. next time I'm smuggling in tons of ciggies I'll cliam I am Isreali/jewish by birthright and get deported to to Isreal free of charge under (what you cliam is international law..lol) spend a few weeks there and moaser on back to blighty in my own time!.. I don't belive a word.. are you saying that jewish people can roam the planet under no law doing what they feel like legally?
see attached ....http://www.lectlaw.com/files/int16.htm
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 01:10   #128

[quote=spinner;373495]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church Boy View Post
If you go back to Egypt,The Muslim's hardly tolerate the Christians, Who were there 'long before.
Their Church's are ramshackled tin shed's because they will not allow them to build any.
Special decree is needed from the King,But is never Granted.This religion has no soul.[/quote
you are an uneducated idiot and bigot!!! youve no idea that muslims and christians lived alongside very happily in the medieval periods in fact the christians used to prefer living under the rule of the caliphate only in recent modern times conflict has been invented by capitalist zionist greed . you are such are a narrow minded twisted bigot and you should expand your world beyond the world of electronic media . bye the way your not fat andy are you? you sound so like him
The trouble is, you are the type of twisted overeducated bigot the world doesn't need.Just try coming down out of your spin zone for a while,you dunderhead.Your name say's a hell of a lot.
Church Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 08:04   #129
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Yes Pre-pubescent girls are allowed in. And saying that i have learnt more than you have?? Hmmm I did religious education as part of my GSCE's at school. I am well informed about different cultures and religions. But I'm not religious in anyway shape or form. I don't believe and that is my preference. But that doesn't mean I don't listen and am interested in other religions.
I did RE GCE 'O' level but it was a totally different curriculum in those days. We did touch briefly on other religions but mostly it seemed to be about different denominations within Christianity and analysing who wrote the different books of the Bible so I'm always willing and eager to learn more about others when I can. Maybe that was because we didn't have many immigrants with other religions living here back in those days. My girls find it quite amusing when I discover something I've never heard of before, or never had chance to find out much about and I go off exploring and investigating.

A group of teachers and governors (me included) were invited a little while back to Higher Antley St mosque to learn a bit more about what goes on there. I found it very interesting and was surprised at how simple the 'procedure' is to become a muslim but didn't think to ask about girls because it never entered my head, especially as the class in there memorising verses from the Quran were all boys. It's never even occurrd to me to ask any muslims who I know because it never even dawned on me. One muslim friend and her daughter have never set foot in a mosque as far s I know, doing prayers at home, while the husband attended mosque. So thanks for that extra information Slinky. I'm now inspired to try to find out more.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 10:40   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
So thanks for that extra information Slinky. I'm now inspired to try to find out more.
No problem!! I actually found this information out of one of my friends. I find a lot out by asking her things, because I like to know why different religions do things.

She also teaches me all the naughty swear words but she's a great laugh and we're always having a giggle about it.

Last time I saw her we were talking about all this Jade Goodie stuff in the media. She said she feels quite sorry for Jade because seeing it from a muslim point of view, she couldn't see any racism in it. She agreed with me, yes bullying, but no racist.

sorry went off topic a bit there.

Miracles do happen!!

Last edited by slinky; 24-01-2007 at 10:46.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 10:45   #131
God Member

Quote:
She also teaches me all the naughty sweat words
sorry went off topic a bit there.

Oooo sweat words!!! how does that work sorry couldn't resist

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 10:47   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Oooo sweat words!!! how does that work sorry couldn't resist
lmao!! I'm always doing it lol. i type that bloody fast my brain can't keep up with my finger.........(shut it before you start)

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 10:49   #133
God Member

Quote:
lmao!! I'm always doing it lol. i type that bloody fast my brain can't keep up with my finger.........(shut it before you start)
It's called one touch typing...... ok I'll shut up now

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 12:34   #134

[quote=garinda;373519]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post

FFS, anti-Semitic, and stupid.

Don't use phrases if you don't understand them, or it's origins. The use of the phrase 'Zionist greed' shows your ignorance.

Here is one link about Zionism, and it's relationship to Israel. Don't take my word for it though, there are hundreds of sites defining Zionism.

http://www.mideastweb.org/zionism.htm
ok garinda you are the cleverest person on earth and i cannot possibly contemplate the notion of zionism. my objective was to separate zionism from judaism. i have every respect for jewish people and i have noticed there is a lot of anti muslim stuffthat goes on in accyweb but no one seems too bothered about that which is why accyweb really winds me up .
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 12:36   #135
Resident Waffler

Isn't it funny how much you may not realise you don't know because you always thought you did know so never thought to wonder about it? Then when somebody comes along and mentions it you go "Well I never! Fancy that!"

Coming back from Blackburn on the bus I started thinking about something else inspired by this thread. I vaguely remember hearing that sikhs no longer carry a dagger as they once used to be obliged to do as part of their religion but have replaced it with something else. So now I want to find out what and when and why.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..