Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2008, 14:56   #16
Senior Member+

Re: helicopter been over ossy

Well if they had cameras on the helicopter were all gona get a view of a lass standing at the door staring up at em for 5 mins on "police camera action" next week (il never learn from the expression 'curiousity killed the kitty')........i shoulda waved to you all....

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2008, 17:44   #17
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: helicopter been over ossy

They were moonlighting and taking pictures for Google.
Old 26-08-2008, 18:11   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Usually arrives overhead when I've just gone for a kip

On top of that the people in the upstairs flat have just bought a tap dancing Elephant
I know what you mean benipete, we had several tap dancing elephants above our apartment on holiday, still going at 11pm and then at it again anywhere between 4am and 6am, fortunately, they were only there a week and I never met them!
Old 26-08-2008, 18:20   #19
God Member

Carpets should be compulsory for all flat dwellers.
I am in a 1st floor flat, fortunately,- thick carpet deadens sound from below too.
The people who have installed the fashionable laminate flooring have a shortsighted disregard for their neighbours.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 10:03   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am in a 1st floor flat, fortunately,- thick carpet deadens sound from below too.
The people who have installed the fashionable laminate flooring have a shortsighted disregard for their neighbours.
Totally agree Margaret, I live in a ground floor flat and have been lucky because I've had the same upstairs Neighbour for 17 years and he's very quiet man, but some people arn't so lucky, but a thick carpet is a two way noise dampener
Old 27-08-2008, 11:42   #21
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
People on the first or upper floors of flats have exactly the same rights that you have. So what gives you the right to demand that all flat dwellers must lay carpets down?

As for “short sighted disregard for your neighbours” – are you not showing the same symptoms towards yours?
Old 27-08-2008, 11:56   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
People on the first or upper floors of flats have exactly the same rights that you have. So what gives you the right to demand that all flat dwellers must lay carpets down?

As for “short sighted disregard for your neighbours” – are you not showing the same symptoms towards yours?
I AM on the 1st floor
It should be a condition of tenancy that floors should be carpeted.
This well lessen the noise disputes between neighbours and so provide less 'aggro' for the landlord.

When you co-oexist in close proximity to others, it is polite and considerate to reduce noise to a minimum. To say that to insist on carpets is being inconsiderate, is ludicrous.

If you want a licence to install noisy floors --- buy a bungalow on the moors, where you won't annoy anyone (except on here)

Last edited by MargaretR; 27-08-2008 at 11:58.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 14:41   #23
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
I AM on the 1st floor
It should be a condition of tenancy that floors should be carpeted.
This well lessen the noise disputes between neighbours and so provide less 'aggro' for the landlord.

When you co-oexist in close proximity to others, it is polite and considerate to reduce noise to a minimum. To say that to insist on carpets is being inconsiderate, is ludicrous.

If you want a licence to install noisy floors --- buy a bungalow on the moors, where you won't annoy anyone (except on here)
My oh my you are getting tetchy.

Still “It should be a condition of tenancy that floors should be carpeted” is a climb down from “Carpets should be compulsory for all flat dwellers.”

Go and petition your landlord and see how far you get.

Of course it is being inconsiderate to insist on all flat dwellers to lay carpets. Have you not considered that a) the tenant may not want carpets for health reasons and b) cannot afford them? Obviously not judging from your previous comments so that is being ludicrously inconsiderate.

Now where did I state that I want a license to install noisy floors? Oh! I get it. Your attitude is indefensible so rather than admit that you were wrong you try and put words in my mouth.

Tck! Tck! Tck!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..