Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2015, 09:08   #1
Senior Member+

Hit and run

My friends daughter was driving along Moss Hall road at 10PM last Monday 6th April and a car shot across the road from a side street and crashed in to her car side on.
In the process it knocked her car sideways and demolished a red brick garden wall. Happily she is not badly hurt and was soon discharged from the hospital suffering from bruising and shock. The breathalyser result was negative.
The other driver carried on without stopping but left his front bumper and number plate at the scene.
The car was a green Vauxhall Corsa and the number was traced to a lady from Wigan who, it turned out, was not involved so it looks like someone has had false plates fitted to a similar car.
The police have video evidence that the driver was a young man but so far have been unable to trace him or the car, which must be badly damaged at the front.
They are pretty sure it is a local car and driver.
If anybody has any clues as to the whereabouts of the car or driver the police would be very keen to know about it.
You could PM me if you don't want to speak to the police.

Thanks for reading the post, any help would be very useful in getting hold of the culprit who could easily have killed the young lady.

Last edited by Gremlin; 15-04-2015 at 09:11.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2015, 09:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Hit and run

The insurance company have just rung and the girls two year old Fiat has been written off.
The engine was damaged beyond repair.
Old 15-04-2015, 09:31   #3
Senior Member+

Hope they catch the pillock Gremlin. Are there any stills from the video, someone might recognize the driver.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 09:43   #4
Senior Member+

The police will no doubt have all the video and stills but we can't see them.
The two photos I posted were taken with the phone at the scene.
Old 15-04-2015, 09:47   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Hope they catch the pillock Gremlin. Are there any stills from the video, someone might recognize the driver.
I seem to remember a thread on here a few years ago claiming that the Police couldn't show piccy's of felons because it's not P.C. to affect the criminals 'uman' rights.

I hope they do though, the victims rights should take priority over those of any scumbag.
Gremlin likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 10:02   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
.... the Police couldn't show piccy's of felons because it's not P.C. to affect the criminals 'uman' rights.
That can`t be true, the police release cctv images all the time in the hope someone will recognize the people on them.

Last edited by gpick24; 15-04-2015 at 10:04.
Old 15-04-2015, 10:26   #7
Senior Member+

Glad to hear the two young ladies are ok. It must have been a frightening experience for them. I hope the scrotes who did this get caught.
Gremlin likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 10:34   #8

The blurring of suspects or witnesses seems really inconsistent. On this page, you can see a car passenger deliberately obstructing police, evidence which is captured by their in-car camera (and therefore admissible). Why is his face blurred? Yet someone who police want to track down who may be the criminal, a witness, or completely uninvolved might find their face in HD broadcast nationally on Crimewatch.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 10:59   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Glad to hear the two young ladies are ok. It must have been a frightening experience for them. I hope the scrotes who did this get caught.

Thanks Frank,

The young lady was alone after dropping her boy friend off at his parents home where he lives. She had a very lucky escape and I was amazed as to how well she is bearing up, I think a few sessions on the physio table will fix most of her aches.
She is nearly 20 Y/O and got the car new when she passed her test two years ago.
Until they can get the job sorted out her no claims have been suspended so she will have a heavy bill when she insures her new car, when she gets one.

The lady from Wigan who own the genuine green Corsa with the same reg has volunteered to take it to any police station to show them it wasn't her car involved.

I had a similar incident early this year when going up Avenue parade. A taxi shot straight across from one side to the other never stopping or looking side ways and I managed to brake in time to avoid him taking the front end of my car with him. Driver was a swarthy looking young man hardly able to see over the steering wheel, wearing a dark jacket and hood.
Old 15-04-2015, 12:43   #10
God Member

even if they dont catch the culprits or they are uninsured you daughter can claim for her injuries no matter how small she may think they are right now from the motor insurance buerau

its there for events like this and any money gained could help offset what she looses

my advice wold be use a local propper solicitor and not the online ones or phone,tv advert ones they promise high amounts and give you sod all and have hidden fees

my mate got told he would get 3000 and by the time they had done with him he got 500 quid

hate to be the one bringing up money but in the cases of hit and run or uninsured river its always the victim that looses out its never the insurance company

anyway glad shes ok and hop what hurts stops hurting soon

just a heads up

greenbank claimed they lost the cctv footage when me and my children got hit by a hit and run driver.Peter britcliffe tracked down the footage and the police lost it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-04-2015 at 12:45.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 12:50   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

I had a similar incident early this year when going up Avenue parade. A taxi shot straight across from one side to the other never stopping or looking side ways and I managed to brake in time to avoid him taking the front end of my car with him. Driver was a swarthy looking young man hardly able to see over the steering wheel, wearing a dark jacket and hood.
people get away with this sort of driving behavior because both the police and county council point blank refuse to enforce any other law than speeding.

bad illegal parking , jumping red lights , failing to indicate , driving with lights not working at night and many more offenses go unpunished and the more unpunished it goes the worse it gets

i just wish our MP would get behind the problem but it would mean dragging blackburn road into question and we simply cant have that
Less, Gremlin and maxthecollie like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 16-04-2015, 08:47   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I've seen two very near misses with red light jumping in the last week. One was outside Asda where two were killed recently. A fast moving car coming on Hyndburn Road from the KFC way turned right at the lights well after those coming down the hill had set off. No idea how they missed each other
Old 16-04-2015, 09:10   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I've seen two very near misses with red light jumping in the last week. One was outside Asda where two were killed recently. A fast moving car coming on Hyndburn Road from the KFC way turned right at the lights well after those coming down the hill had set off. No idea how they missed each other
Last time I walked past there, there was what looked to be a hidden camera on a lamp post.
Old 16-04-2015, 09:30   #14
Senior Member+

I really do think the problem with parking on Blackburn road should be addressed sooner than later.
It seems to be accepted now that it's "do as you please" and no one will bother.
It needs a few days of policing and tickets issued or clamping.
There is no way can they use the old racist chant. The law is the law, whatever your religion or colour.
Old 16-04-2015, 14:16   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

well as long as Lancashire county council continue to put the safety of a red light jumper above the safety of a child crossing the road we will never get red light jumping cameras.They would much rather be concerned with the safety of a second driver jumping a red light than that of a child crossing when the green man is flashing

if the police are scared of arresting people for reckless and dangerous driving then surely a camera is the solution so they dont have to fill in any paperwork or have any face to face contact with the criminals

now that our MP has saved the manhole covers perhaps he should turn his attention to the roads they are located in and the poor people trying to cross them

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..