Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 09:05   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Horse Meat in Tesco and Iceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
irish food agency
Its always hard to see where your bigoted brain is coming from seeing you even blame this government if it rains on washday
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2013, 09:21   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its always hard to see where your bigoted brain is coming from seeing you even blame this government if it rains on washday
Many a true word spoken in ridicule

WEATHER MODIFICATION: cloud seeding, atmospheric services - Weather Modification, Inc.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:38   #78
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
To be honest, this has been an opportunity to make jokes about something other than celebrity paedophiles. Therefore, I am watching with interest what they'll find next
Yes I was getting fed up with the string of Jimmy Saddle jokes too lettie
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:50   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Yes I was getting fed up with the string of Jimmy Saddle jokes too lettie
Ya my Lidl pony too D
Old 10-02-2013, 12:43   #80
God Member

i say we stick it to the french and put beef in their horese bugers or slugs in their escargo

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 13:01   #81
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Ya my Lidl pony too D
I'd rather get my discounter burgers from Aldi.
Old 10-02-2013, 13:14   #82
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I'd rather get my discounter burgers from Aldi.
That's even worse there's even a nursery Rhyme about their burgers ingredients:-
ALDI Kings horses and ALDI Kings men!
bobthedj, jaysay, Eric and 2 others like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 14:01   #83
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
That's even worse there's even a nursery Rhyme about their burgers ingredients:-
Just goes to show that they've been in the running furlong-est time.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:40   #84
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Well, should I feel flattered?
Just got a text from a friend that doesn't use AccyWeb:-
Quote:
What goes into Aldi's burgers?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:52   #85
God Member

There is a microchip and 'passport' system in place to prevent drugged horses from entering the human food chain.

This system has been fraudulently bypassed by criminal operators.

I don't object to eating horse meat but I do object to contaminated meat masquerading as fit for humans.

Phenylbutazone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:29   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well, should I feel flattered?
Just got a text from a friend that doesn't use AccyWeb:-

There are dozens and dozens on Twitter Less, not as I'm a member of Twitter, but I just followed a link from fasebook and laughed by socks off
Old 11-02-2013, 15:12   #87
God Member

bottom line is these companies know we arnt a horse eating nation and put horsemeat in our food supply while neglecting to declare it on the ingredients

at the slightest sniff of anything unliked the french will and have banned all our meat exports yet they seem to be upset that some are saying we should ban trading meat with the french.They dont seem to like it when someone does it to them.

mind you it just goes to show what these countries think of us as trading partners when they so blatantly mislead us.What if someone was alergic to horsemeat or the drugs in the horse that was used the paramedics wouldnt have a clue because the ingredients arnt listed on the packaging.

iv eaten horsemeat when in spain it was sold to me as a beef burger and at first i thought it tasted different because it was processed in some way different but on my second bite i took it back to the bar and asked what i had been given and was told they used horsemeat burgers but called them beefburgers for the tourists sake lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 11-02-2013, 17:15   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
bottom line is these companies know we arnt a horse eating nation and put horsemeat in our food supply while neglecting to declare it on the ingredients

at the slightest sniff of anything unliked the french will and have banned all our meat exports yet they seem to be upset that some are saying we should ban trading meat with the french.They dont seem to like it when someone does it to them.

mind you it just goes to show what these countries think of us as trading partners when they so blatantly mislead us.What if someone was alergic to horsemeat or the drugs in the horse that was used the paramedics wouldnt have a clue because the ingredients arnt listed on the packaging.

iv eaten horsemeat when in spain it was sold to me as a beef burger and at first i thought it tasted different because it was processed in some way different but on my second bite i took it back to the bar and asked what i had been given and was told they used horsemeat burgers but called them beefburgers for the tourists sake lol
Ya its been suggested that we ban meat from these countries, but it appears we can't ban meat imports from other countries in the EU, bet if it was the other way around France and Germany would find a way
Old 11-02-2013, 17:36   #89
God Member

Quote:
Ya its been suggested that we ban meat from these countries, but it appears we can't ban meat imports from other countries in the EU, bet if it was the other way around France and Germany would find a way
they have they did it with the last two cases of foot and mouth over sheep and the mad cow dissease thing so theres three times off teh top of my head.In at least one of those cases they blockaded the port in france to prevent our stuff getting through.

funny how france gets away repeatedly breaking EU rules yet our country is scared of so much as whimpering an objection or acting in any way that resembles having a backbone
Boeing Guy likes this.

Old 11-02-2013, 17:44   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
they have they did it with the last two cases of foot and mouth over sheep and the mad cow dissease thing so theres three times off teh top of my head.In at least one of those cases they blockaded the port in france to prevent our stuff getting through.

funny how france gets away repeatedly breaking EU rules yet our country is scared of so much as whimpering an objection or acting in any way that resembles having a backbone
Foot and mouth was before the European constitution was drawn up Accyman, the same rules weren't in place then

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..