Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 08:36   #76
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Hospital infections

Yes, it's common practise in all transfers. Swabs are taken from nose and groin and sent for culture.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2008, 08:50   #77
Resting in Peace

I actually think that people entering hospital these days are tested as well, they seem to think that lots of people care MRSA bug outside hospital
Old 07-06-2008, 22:56   #78

i went into hospital a month ago , and one week after my op i was back in with a bad infection , spent a day anti drip then tablets , finshed them nearly two weeks ago , still don,t feel right , the funny thing is they haven,t told me what kind of infection i had , they took swobs ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 22:59   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
i went into hospital a month ago , and one week after my op i was back in with a bad infection , spent a day anti drip then tablets , finshed them nearly two weeks ago , still don,t feel right , the funny thing is they haven,t told me what kind of infection i had , they took swobs ,
Tell your GP that you want to be informed of the test results ASAP
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29   #80
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
Ask your GP for the results. Anyone can get an infection after an operation, the majority of post op infections are not MRSA. When you sign consent for an operation you are normally told that infection can be one of the complications, along with bleeding, DVT and anaesthetic problems. Your GP will have access to the results. Infection or not, it can take 6 weeks to 12 months to feel normal after an op, depending on whether it was a major op or a minor one. Hope you start feeling better soon, but if you have had a major, it may be quite some time yet.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..