Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 22:00   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hyndburn Borough Council election results 2010

well would be interesting to know how many of his constituents hes spoken to?, and also he dont represent the whole Borough. i think his owd party are well rid of this guy.
Old 11-05-2010, 22:16   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well would be interesting to know how many of his constituents hes spoken to?, and also he dont represent the whole Borough. i think his owd party are well rid of this guy.
Anyone know the real reason why he left the Labour party and became independant? I have heard rumours but prefer to hear it from the horses mouth
Old 11-05-2010, 22:50   #63
Junior Member+

Neil give me a private message with your contact details and i will tell you malcolmp
hyndburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 23:26   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

sleazy alliances seem to be the in thing these days.
Old 11-05-2010, 23:53   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburn View Post
Neil give me a private message with your contact details and i will tell you malcolmp
Would it not be better, if all politicians are up front and honest, to tell us all why you left your party and went independant, rather than just PM Neil? If you are an honest man then you will have nothing to hide. ( Unless it involves someone else)
Sorry if this comes across as abrupt or nosey but I'm just voicing an observation.
I shall now go back into hiding
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35   #66
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Would it not be better, if all politicians are up front and honest, to tell us all why you left your party and went independant, rather than just PM Neil? If you are an honest man then you will have nothing to hide. ( Unless it involves someone else)
Sorry if this comes across as abrupt or nosey but I'm just voicing an observation.
I shall now go back into hiding
I agree.

When the balance of the whole council lies in the hands of one independent councillor, it does all seem a bit cloak and dagger, that he seems willing to share information privately, but unwilling to do it publicly.

What happened to transparency and openess?

In the interest of true independence I, along with many others, would be interested in Cllr. Pritchard's reasons for leaving his last party, and his reasons for backing the party that'll form the majority party at H.B.C.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:49   #67
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

In the interest of true independence I, along with many others, would be interested in Cllr. Pritchard's reasons for leaving his last party, and his reasons for backing the party that'll form the majority party at H.B.C.
It would seem a reasonable thing to know wouldn't it?

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it on here though, perhaps we need to start a rumour over in anything goes, you know the sort of thing, someone makes a three word post, the next does similar and so on until just by imagining the worst we hit on the truth.

or

The potential next Mayor, (I hope you haven't been playing carrots & donkeys Hyndburn), could just tell us in this thread?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:01   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It would seem a reasonable thing to know wouldn't it?

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it on here though, perhaps we need to start a rumour over in anything goes, you know the sort of thing, someone makes a three word post, the next does similar and so on until just by imagining the worst we hit on the truth.

or

The potential next Mayor, (I hope you haven't been playing carrots & donkeys Hyndburn), could just tell us in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburn View Post
Andrew B has asked for the expenses off all the councillors. I know this may come as a dissapointment to Concillor Jones owing to his self importance but the people of Hyndburn are getting fed up of his point scoreing.I am sure that people like me would like to see him getting on with the job he was elected to do and stop acting like a child. Perhaps Adrew B would like to ask all Councillors what special allowances they take besides their basic allowances?
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post679113

There does seem to be quite a lot of biterness, and I think we should be told why.

Perhaps he'll feel better, and happier, when he's wearing the Mayoral chains of office.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:52   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whilst i can accept/understand any elected person from any party,walking away fer whatever reason n becoming "Independant" no problem, what i cannot accept/understand is ANY elected person completely changing allegiance n colours, they used to "Execute" Traitors way back.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:16   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well haggis its good to be a burnley fan and not a blue and -hit fan you watch your accy play cricket and the stanley go down with luton town,------ this was the first post of the guy who wants to become "Hyndburns" Mayor, takes the pish, then wants to rub yer noses in it. IMHO.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:40   #71
God Member

Quote:
I agree.

When the balance of the whole council lies in the hands of one independent councillor, it does all seem a bit cloak and dagger, that he seems willing to share information privately, but unwilling to do it publicly.

What happened to transparency and openess?

Of course, the flip side of this is why other Independents, one who had left the Labour party a few years ago, were so quick to go back to Labour rather than maintain their independence. Whilst you're questioning Malcolm Pritchard's motives, you might want to question the other independents. I mean, let's face it, it's only Malcolm who's being called in to question here because he's the last person to nail his colours to the mast - 3 other independents were very quick to relinquish their independence at the thought of having a chance to get into power.

Plus, wasn't one of those other independents (David Mason?) elected in as a Tory, or have I imagined that?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Last edited by Gayle; 12-05-2010 at 08:43.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:47   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Of course, the flip side of this is why other Independents, one who had left the Labour party a few years ago, were so quick to go back to Labour rather than maintain their independence. Whilst you're questioning Malcolm Pritchard's motives, you might want to question the other independents. I mean, let's face it, it's only Malcolm who's being called in to question here because he's the last person to nail his colours to the mast - 3 other independents were very quick to relinquish their independence at the thought of having a chance to get into power.

Plus, wasn't one of those other independents (David Mason?) elected in as a Tory, or have I imagined that?
dont think independants of whichever party, returning to the fold is questionable gayle, its completely changing colours that is in my book.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13   #73
God Member

It seems that most politicians have their price - pity that some set it so low.

I do not know about any bickering or shinanegging in the past, so see this as -
'support exchanged for a mayoral chain'
....and its only on loan! - cheap really aint it?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:34   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

I'm only curious why he seems happy to share his reasons privately, via the private message system, but not do it openly.

Personally I have the strength in my own convictions, and if I have something to say, am more than willing to do it publicly, not whispering it behind my hand.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:48   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I'm only curious why he seems happy to share his reasons privately, via the private message system, but not do it openly.

Personally I have the strength in my own convictions, and if I have something to say, am more than willing to do it publicly, not whispering it behind my hand.
Snakes In The Grass, should answer yer question, a trait no doubt aquired from his new buddy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..