Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Hyndburn Honey competition.
A harmless bit of fun. 24 51.06%
Degrades women. 3 6.38%
No opinion on the matter. 4 8.51%
Don't care, but where's the men? 16 34.04%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 13:38   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn's Honeys.

To be fair Garinda, this week's Observer consisted of 76 pages ... 8 for the Baby pictures and 1 for the Hyndburn Honeys. That is obviously 9 pages .. now last week's edition was 64 pages including a Hyndburn Honeys. (so 63 pages of other items).

If we take away the 9 from the 76 still leaves it with 67 pages as against 63 last week, so don't think have been short changed in anyway ...

There was still 7 pages of sport by the way on both weeks...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2008, 13:48   #62
God Member

Perhaps if the crime is so bad in Accrington then these girls should have more sense to cover up. One of them gets attacked by a rapist god forbid and they will blame the girls for taking their clothes off in the paper. Their attackers lawyer would have a field day using that against them in court. Much better that they just leave their clothes on.

I also seen no talent in standing up straight for pictures to avoid all these issues with flab, though even the sexiest of female celebrities have been snapped looking such way and nobody thinks any less of them. Perhaps I am not plagued enough yet with being a 19yr old with no children.

Like Margaret has said, it is just space that could be used for quality reading material, and instead it is filled with rubbish competitions. It isn't just THIS competition, it's pet idol, the glasses wearing one, bonny babies... and they don't just take up a page each either, they take up several.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 13:54   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Very few people have actually complained about the girls appearing per se, but if there is as much crime in Hyndburn as you suggest, perhaps more newspaper column inches could be used to report that, rather than the pages and pages of photographs there currently are.

I think most people would prefer to read news in a newspaper. There are plenty of other publications available if people want to see scantily clad flesh.
well there is 2 bail hostels in accy where do you think these criminals go when they are let out of prison ie lydia street and st james street..your right there should be more news but thats what happens when a newspaper group ties to incorporate accy into manchester.
Old 06-04-2008, 14:16   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
well there is 2 bail hostels in accy where do you think these criminals go when they are let out of prison ie lydia street and st james street..your right there should be more news but thats what happens when a newspaper group ties to incorporate accy into manchester.
How long as there been a bail hostel on St. James Street? I didn't know about that one
Old 06-04-2008, 17:31   #65
Senior Member+

pics pls

then i can vote if it was a good thing or not
Old 06-04-2008, 17:33   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
pics pls

then i can vote if it was a good thing or not
See #47 > 49
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 17:33   #67
God Member

mani ya clown, look back to previous posts lol there is a link ya tool
Old 06-04-2008, 17:40   #68
Senior Member+

ah just seen the pics

voted bad idea

i cant even boast that there's fine girls living in my borough

saying that there's alot more better lookin girls than that on a nite out in accy
Old 06-04-2008, 17:41   #69
Senior Member+

see its not harmless fun as my eyes are now gorged out

its not offensive to women as much as it was to me

the blood from my eyes says i have an opinion

i think i'll have to thus say where's the men
Old 06-04-2008, 17:47   #70
God Member

Beautiful girls don't need or want to 'advertise' in this way

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 17:48   #71
Senior Member+

exactly

i was workin in didsbury this weekend and we had this girl who maybe once upon a time was really beautiful but the way she was dressed and the make up just screamed out that she was advertising herself...
Old 06-04-2008, 17:53   #72
God Member

looks alone dont make a person beautiful, its whats inside that counts
Old 06-04-2008, 17:54   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
To be fair Garinda, this week's Observer consisted of 76 pages ... 8 for the Baby pictures and 1 for the Hyndburn Honeys. That is obviously 9 pages .. now last week's edition was 64 pages including a Hyndburn Honeys. (so 63 pages of other items).

If we take away the 9 from the 76 still leaves it with 67 pages as against 63 last week, so don't think have been short changed in anyway ...

There was still 7 pages of sport by the way on both weeks...
Perhaps every so often, in amongst the various supplements, they could suprise it's readers, and do the occasional 'news' supplement.

Goes off eagerly to check calendar, to see how long one has to wait before the twelve page first communion special, and the thirteen page school prom supplement, is due.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 17:54   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
looks alone dont make a person beautiful, its whats inside that counts
What page inside???

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 17:55   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What page inside???

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..