Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Hyndburn Honey competition.
A harmless bit of fun. 24 51.06%
Degrades women. 3 6.38%
No opinion on the matter. 4 8.51%
Don't care, but where's the men? 16 34.04%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008, 22:06   #46
God Member

Re: Hyndburn's Honeys.

I decided to take a look at the girls in the competition through the website, and I have to say that some of the girls are very brave to stand in a bikini in the freezing cold that plagues accrington.

Maybe the place for this kind of thing is SOLELY through the website rather than taking up limited space in the newspaper. The whole point of MY argument isn't the models or the competition itself, it's just that the newspaper is disappointing me. I'm sure many others are disappointed in the standard of reading material in the newspaper, and maybe it needs a separate thread and maybe we need an accyweb hunk/honeys thread too and then we can celebrate are lumps and bumps

This thread isn't about eating disorders, which differ from person to person, so I wont continue that topic as I don't think this topic is anything to o with eating disorders anyway, all the girls in the comp are healthy looking and most certainly not underweight.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2008, 22:18   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I decided to take a look at the girls in the competition through the website, and I have to say that some of the girls are very brave to stand in a bikini in the freezing cold that plagues accrington.

Blazey , where did you find the link to the photos ?
thanks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 22:20   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Blazey , where did you find the link to the photos ?
thanks
Just go on observer website and type in hyndburn honey in the search box. I have closed the window now and I cant be bothered finding it again. They'll think I am a regular reader lol.
Old 05-04-2008, 22:27   #49
God Member

ok Blazey , found it , thanks , karma due when it lets me
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 22:30   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
ok Blazey , found it , thanks , karma due when it lets me
I don't expect Karma for that, but thank you for the appreciation, that is fine for me.
Old 05-04-2008, 22:35   #51
God Member

Just had a look at the site
I know #1 in the comp and I say good on her

Image Gallery - Hyndburn Honey - the search is on - News - Accrington Observer
Old 05-04-2008, 22:38   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Just had a look at the site
I know #1 in the comp and I say good on her

Image Gallery - Hyndburn Honey - the search is on - News - Accrington Observer
I get the feeling I know #7 but I'm not quite sure where from.

Got to say that they all look ok, but I can understand why lads will be slagging them off. In reality, lads have no respect for these girls regardless of how beautiful they may be. Most men prefer their ladies to take their clothes off for them only not put themselves in the newspaper, and this is from personal experience!
Old 05-04-2008, 22:43   #53
God Member

Quote:
I get the feeling I know #7 but I'm not quite sure where from.

Got to say that they all look ok, but I can understand why lads will be slagging them off. In reality, lads have no respect for these girls regardless of how beautiful they may be. Most men prefer their ladies to take their clothes off for them only not put themselves in the newspaper, and this is from personal experience!
Yea it's all very true, lads like em to look at but they aint "girlfriend material" so to speak
Old 05-04-2008, 23:05   #54
God Member

Quote:
Most men prefer their ladies to take their clothes off for them only
Blazey...if some would be Casanova or nerd gives you some bullshine that you are only girl in the world.............does that work...does it make you take your clothes of....I should hope not.
If any of these girls can make a living by the uptake of this competition from outside the region (Which could happen) then good luck to them.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 23:20   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Blazey...if some would be Casanova or nerd gives you some bullshine that you are only girl in the world.............does that work...does it make you take your clothes of....I should hope not.
If any of these girls can make a living by the uptake of this competition from outside the region (Which could happen) then good luck to them.
I have no problem with them taking their clothes off, or the competition. I am just bothered that it downgrades my local newspaper and takes up space that could be filled with talent.

Please do not tell me there is talent in posing in a bikini.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:06   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
The girls could also make a living with their clothes on.

In no way am I slating the girls. At the end of the day, I dont believe they initiated the bikini thing, and they look great. However these kind of photos belong in Nuts, or other blokey mags, not in a family paper.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:11   #57

Quote:
I have no problem with them taking their clothes off, or the competition. I am just bothered that it downgrades my local newspaper and takes up space that could be filled with talent.

Please do not tell me there is talent in posing in a bikini.
Of course there is a talent. You ever tried posing for holiday snaps avoiding the double chin, tummy bagging over pants, double boobs, batwing arms etc etc etc

Where does it end or are we going to be opening the pages of the paper in the coming weeks with Greg Pope and various local councillers stripped to thongs, touting for our vote?

Graham, no!
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:39   #58
Beacon of light

I haven't voted......there isn't a category that accurately describes how I feel about it.
I don't care....and I'm not bothered about the men. I would prefer to have local news and views in this paper. I'm not keen on the competitions at all to me it is just a waste of space......in fact I am seriously considering whether to continue taking this newspaper.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 13:06   #59
God Member

lets get things into perspective here ,its just flashing a bit of flesh in the paper.theres muggers ,rapists ,paedophiles and murderers walking the streets of accy and all people can do is complain about women in bikinis the local paper......nobodies forcing them theyve chosen to do it,,,
Old 06-04-2008, 13:13   #60
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
lets get things into perspective here ,its just flashing a bit of flesh in the paper.theres muggers ,rapists ,paedophiles and murderers walking the streets of accy and all people can do is complain about women in bikinis the local paper......nobodies forcing them theyve chosen to do it,,,

Very few people have actually complained about the girls appearing per se, but if there is as much crime in Hyndburn as you suggest, perhaps more newspaper column inches could be used to report that, rather than the pages and pages of photographs there currently are.

I think most people would prefer to read news in a newspaper. There are plenty of other publications available if people want to see scantily clad flesh.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..