Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2013, 09:05   #46
I am Banned

Re: I saw a UFO!

Old thread I know but Mrs Google tells me it's the 66th anniversary of the Rosewell sighting.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2013, 09:36   #47
God Member

At my new address I have a balcony/patio that provides shelter from weather so I sit outside a lot.

Last night I went out there at 1am and was enjoying the smell of the night air and the total silence, I noticed a light in the sky in the south east, in the direction of Whinney Hill or thereabouts.

My first thought was - aircraft, but it didn't move or make any noise in the whole 30 minutes I was looking at it. It was too bright to be a star - it was a cloudy night and there were no stars visible. It wasn't the moon - too small - and the moon moved from that part of the sky much earlier that evening. As I looked harder I could see that the light appeared to be two lights side by side - one red and one yellowish white. What intrigued me was - it never moved and made no noise.

The chances of someone else seeing it at that time of night are remote, but I ask anyway.
kestrelx likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 16:39   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I find it more than any possible coincidence that myths from all areas of the globe all have references to 'reptilians'.

These 'myths' are illustrated in archeological artifacts.

Have you seen that series with Jamie Theakston - called "Forbidden History" Forbidden History | Yesterday Channel the one in which he was searching for remains of giants on Sardinia? Who were supposed to have come from aliens linked to the bible.

Both times I saw possible UFO (though I have not concluded they were) were in broad daylight and nothing had been imbibed.

Last edited by kestrelx; 29-10-2013 at 16:43.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 17:00   #49
Full Member+

On this picture (Mr Freud would have a field day ) i see an anorexic,a tortoise, a reptilian of some sort and my dog on his back legs with a YMCA cap on. Spooky!
Old 29-10-2013, 19:19   #50
Senior Member+

I see someone left the door open again woop woop
Restless likes this.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I see someone left the door open again woop woop
Is that a dig?

Sean Ryder of Manchester band Happy Mondays has TV series out looking at UFO's -

Really...

kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45   #52
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I saw a UFO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Is that a dig?

Sean Ryder of Manchester band Happy Mondays has TV series out looking at UFO's -

Really...

]
Oh, well that must prove it, such a reliable witness and how much is he getting paid to front this carp?

Pay me enough and I'll do a documentary claiming that everything kestrel says is true.
susie123 likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Have you seen that series with Jamie Theakston - called "Forbidden History" Forbidden History | Yesterday Channel the one in which he was searching for remains of giants on Sardinia? Who were supposed to have come from aliens linked to the bible.

Both times I saw possible UFO (though I have not concluded they were) were in broad daylight and nothing had been imbibed.
Now which day would that have been
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh, well that must prove it, such a reliable witness and how much is he getting paid to front this carp?

Pay me enough and I'll do a documentary claiming that everything kestrel says is true.
Don't be silly Less, no TV company is going to stump up the cash to make a series that runs so long
Old 05-11-2013, 06:28   #55

Don’t mock – anything is possible. My husband swears that a few years ago, when he and a mate were returning home after working away, he saw a strange bright object in the sky – up in front of the car. It hovered for a little while and then suddenly sped away very fast.
He turned to his mate and asked had he seen ‘it’ – the other bloke, mouth wide open, was absolutely gobsmacked. Yup, he HAD seen ‘it’ right enough.
Because these two were known to have one or two drinks of the amber liquid on occasions they decided not to tell because the reaction would be ‘yeh right, drunk again!’
He swears (seems to do a lot of that!) he hadn’t touched a drop as he was driving. It certainly made him re-think things.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:05   #56
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I saw a UFO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Don’t mock – anything is possible.
No, anything isn't possible, for example, try to mock the silliness of this sort of thread without someone posting similar to this:-

Quote:
Don’t mock – anything is possible.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:07   #57

Btw, forgot to mention - he also believes in the Loch Ness monster......
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 17:39   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
anything is possible
Quote:
he also believes in the Loch Ness monster......
What's wrong with that? I know for a fact there's a couple of Fairies living round the corner from our street, often see them out with their Dackel ( Dachshund - Sausage dog)
Old 05-11-2013, 17:41   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is that a dig?

Really...

What do you think
Old 05-11-2013, 18:05   #60
JFT96

While I have no doubts there is life out there in the vastness of space, I feel I have to point out the following:

This was a famous photograph taken in 1990 by the Voyager 1 Space Probe, at the time it was only 3.7 billion miles from Earth (approx). Earth is the lPale Blue Dot, low down on the righthand side.
This was taken 12 years after Voyagers Launch, it was at the edge of our solar system, last year 35 years after it was launched it finally entered interstellar space.
So a Alien traveling to Earth would have to really really want to and know we are here.

Ah but what about Radio Waves, well we have been broadcasting them for a while now:

Unless of course the Vogons are comming.......

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..