Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 2 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2016, 13:19   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Is the Law stupid or what?

It seems this murderer who has absconded from prison, is NOT to be approached warn the authorities, my question is WHAT is a dangerous guy doing being put in an open prison? its downright stupid in my view, so now i can understand clearly the saying "The Law is an Ass" this stupid do-gooding could put innocent people at risk in my view.
Barrie Yates and Gremlin like this.
Old 16-09-2016, 13:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Is the Law stupid or what?

It's a joke C,he's obviously considered a risk to the public so why was he in a open prison that has the easy and ever tempting option to go walkabouts (tut).
I hope they catch him and quickly.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 14:28   #3
Full Member+

He has been caught. It was on last evenings northern news and in today's paper. I totally agree murderers should not be in an open prison in the first place. I always thought these open prisons were for folk who had broken the law with fraud or the like. In my book murderers should get life and should mean life not 10 or 15 years which it seems to most of the time. This man had escaped once before in 1997 from a prison in Nottinghamshire so why on earth he was in an open prison beggers belief.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 14:36   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
He has been caught. It was on last evenings northern news and in today's paper. I totally agree murderers should not be in an open prison in the first place. I always thought these open prisons were for folk who had broken the law with fraud or the like. In my book murderers should get life and should mean life not 10 or 15 years which it seems to most of the time. This man had escaped once before in 1997 from a prison in Nottinghamshire so why on earth he was in an open prison beggers belief.
They used to be for Non-Dangerous people, far as i'm aware, but obviously the Do-Gooders have got that changed oer the years, if it was up to me i'd chuck them in goal as well.
maxthecollie and Rowlf like this.
Old 16-09-2016, 16:11   #5
Beacon of light

Cashy.....I cannot believe that with all your life experience, you had to ask that question.
You know the answer is a resounding YES!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 16:25   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy.....I cannot believe that with all your life experience, you had to ask that question.
You know the answer is a resounding YES!
I know Margaret, but honestly i never thought it was "THAT" stupid, the do-gooders have much to answer for imho.
Old 16-09-2016, 17:11   #7
Beacon of light

the law can plumb the depths of stupidity with no thought for anything, because it is the LAW....and seemingly it is untouchable and need not answer to anyone.
You and I both know that 'common sense' is not a bit common.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 19:21   #8
Senior Member+

It's a bit of a none story (as folk on here like to say)
All that time spent keeping his nose clean and then he goes walkabouts ,I hope his hours of freedom was worth the extra time

password--Accyweb
Old 16-09-2016, 19:24   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
It's a bit of a none story (as folk on here like to say)
All that time spent keeping his nose clean and then he goes walkabouts ,I hope his hours of freedom was worth the extra time
Please explain how he kept his nose clean if (1) he had escaped before, (2) he was considered dangerous still?
Old 16-09-2016, 19:33   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Please explain how he kept his nose clean if (1) he had escaped before, (2) he was considered dangerous still?
It's all assumptions,I haven't seen the news or papers regarding this chap ,but I assume he was due for release having worked his way through the system and the powers that be considered him a low risk.
As for the don't approach or may be dangerous, i'd assume that was just protocol.....I may be wrong....it wouldn't be the first time

password--Accyweb
Old 16-09-2016, 19:33   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Obviously you don't believe in the great myth of reform, to get to a position of power and decision within our prisons higher echelons, you have to prove that you believe all that have been caught no matter how bad their crime might be, are capable of reform, therefore you will be willing to put the general public at risk rather than restrain those that would without a great deal of hesitation repeat their offence.

Oh yes, most people can be reformed but there are some that should be locked away and though I don't condone the idea of throwing away the key, it should at least be buried under a lifetimes amount of paperwork, perhaps just enough of which would protect at least one innocent member of the public from the potential repeat offender?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 12:42   #12

As far as I am aware, if you abscond from an open (cat C) prison, then you go back to a cat A prison to serve out the rest of your sentence with no chance of parole in the future.
JB x

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 15:26   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It seems this murderer who has absconded from prison, is NOT to be approached warn the authorities, my question is WHAT is a dangerous guy doing being put in an open prison? its downright stupid in my view, so now i can understand clearly the saying "The Law is an Ass" this stupid do-gooding could put innocent people at risk in my view.
OMG.....don't get me started on the stupidity of the law.
My son was murdered in a totally unprovoked attack by a 16yr old girl.Well known to the police and social services. She admitted that she picked up a knife,thought I'll get a bigger one (premeditated or what).and attacked my beloved son.THE LAW handed her 3yr community order,no need for her to attempt escape,she wasn't 'locked up' at all....The law is not only 'an ass',..add hole to that statement and you're on the right road.In her case hopefully the road to HELL.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 18:25   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
As far as I am aware, if you abscond from an open (cat C) prison, then you go back to a cat A prison to serve out the rest of your sentence with no chance of parole in the future.
JB x
Only if you are caught.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..