Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should returning Jihadists be banned completely from Britain.
No they should never be allowed back. 24 88.89%
Allowed back if they promise to be good citizens after 2 years. 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2014, 12:24   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Jihadist returning from Syria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
It ain't gonna happen Margaret, there will be legal challenge on legal challenge going on for months.
Remember the problems we had deporting al Mahsri and Quatada?
The courts will be clogged up and the fat cat lawyers will get fatter.
Of course it isn't going to happen.
That is not to say that it shouldn't happen.
This is just another of those political soundbites that are meant to bamboozle the electorate into thinking that those in government are doing something...that they are listening to the concerns raised by the public.
Most of us recognise hogwash when we see it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2014, 12:31   #32
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Do I think we are to blame for the "sh1t pit"? Partly to blame,yes.
Do I think we fall under the definition of a terrorist? Yes.
Ive said it before and I'll say it again "I don't have all the answers" but I can see things from the other side a concept that 'some' members find hard.

I know what your saying M,but I (sadly) enjoy folk making judgments about who I am and what I'm about.
I may well be a "troll" but I think we all have the potential to be a troll to some degree,it's just a matter of prospective.i'll bare your comment in mind for any future comments I may post
I cannot get your terrorist angle........nor really the partly to blame(except that the electorate put someone in power who was good at manipulating information(telling lies is what all politicians do...but this man took it to a whole new level).

It is definitely sad that you enjoy people making adverse judgements about you....you see I am so transparent that I cannot tell it any other way than the way it is(or the way I perceive it to be).....but hey if that sits well with you then it has to be Ok......I really would not want people thinking I am a complete plonker...but then maybe that is because I use my real name and my identity is clear for all to see.
Oh and just because you believe something does not necessarily make it true.
Old 15-11-2014, 14:11   #33
God Member

if memory serves correctly the papers have on a few occasions printed articles on how young british born muslims from blackburn and accrington have gone to fight against our soldiers or been to training camps for alquida in pakistan.Unless they openly state that they are going to train to fight or fight i dont know how they are going to figure out who is going to fight and who is visiting family.Im guessing they are checking facebook status updates such as " imran is currently in a jihadismship "

they still havnt mamaged to track down a british muslim called john yet who did that beheading so it dosnt really put any confidence out there that they are capable of tracking terrorists or catching them

mind you it will be interesting if a hynburn muslim gets refused re-entry into the uk if only to see which side HBC comes out in support of

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-11-2014 at 14:13.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 14:44   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Do I think we are to blame for the "sh1t pit"? Partly to blame,yes.
Do I think we fall under the definition of a terrorist? Yes.
Ive said it before and I'll say it again "I don't have all the answers" but I can see things from the other side a concept that 'some' members find hard.

I know what your saying M,but I (sadly) enjoy folk making judgments about who I am and what I'm about.
I may well be a "troll" but I think we all have the potential to be a troll to some degree,it's just a matter of prospective.i'll bare your comment in mind for any future comments I may post
'we' is plural. Should be 'terrorists'.
I've.
Comma before 'a'.
Perspective.
I'll.
Bear. I'm sure neither Margaret nor I wish to see your bare mind, never mind the rest of you!

I've finally found something worth looking for on your posts!

I do hope you won't think I'm being pedantic.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 15:07   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
but I can see things from the other side a concept that 'some' members find hard.

Well done, yet again you prove yourself to be a complete waste, IF you can see anything it is not a concept, it is a dream of having intelligence.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with you posting, I only have a problem with you posting contrary sh1t just because you can.

Quote:
but I can see things from the other side a concept that 'some' members find hard.

Here I can tell you you are not a troll, you are far worse, you have learnt (no doubt from the sites you are banned from) to keep your trolling below the moderators radar, good for you, bad for the WWW.

prospective? What is prospective?

I'll allow you to correct one of the minor error's you naturally make.

You really did start off with potential, you could have been popular, instead you have become the complete inverse, but then, you don't mind, you would rather be the fool that you are than put effort in and become a really good poster.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 15:28   #36

I'm not sure of the logistics of Cameron's proposals, or of its effectiveness. For instance, suppose the perpetrators of a terrorist attack in the UK had come from another country and had been apprehended. After serving whatever sentence they were given, what if their own state refused to take them back? I certainly wouldn't want to keep them here.
Perhaps a detention camp -one that adheres to some internationally acknowledged legal system, unlike Guantanamo did- would be an option for proven insurgents involved in foreign struggles? Then again I suspect that certain governments would have used such facilities to house returning International Brigade members in the 30's.
I think that the proposal of this measure is almost totally an attempt to fool the gullible into thinking that the current government are being proactive in this area. It is getting closer to election time after all.
This is coming from the same mob who withdrew funding from existing PREVENT strategies here in Leeds and probably many other strategies immediately after being elected. Root and branch monitoring of suspected and known extremist mosque and madrasah preachers and legal action being taken against ALL hate crime proponents would, I feel, be more effective in the long term, even if it would be somewhat more costly in the short run.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 17:13   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

And, grammar police alert, the plural is 'analyses'..if you are going to try to be clever....get it right!
John 8:7
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 18:25   #38
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
I think that the proposal of this measure is almost totally an attempt to fool the gullible into thinking that the current government are being proactive in this area. It is getting closer to election time after all.
See post 31.......I think along exactly the same lines...and am not fooled for a moment.
Old 15-11-2014, 19:47   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I meant perspective L, I thought your super intelligence would of been able to work that out (the joys of autocorrect).

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 19:49   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
I meant perspective L, I thought your super intelligence would of been able to work that out (the joys of autocorrect).
have
Old 15-11-2014, 20:17   #41
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: Jihadist returning from Syria.

Quote:
Why should I have to put effort into thinking about what you mean when it is obvious that you never put any effort into thinking before you post?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 20:17   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

If you read Sheridan, it's a malapropism; if you prefer Shakespeare, a dogberryism. And if you prefer baseball to literature, it's a Yogi Berra-ism.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 20:26   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
If you read Sheridan, it's a malapropism; if you prefer Shakespeare, a dogberryism. And if you prefer baseball to literature, it's a Yogi Berra-ism.
AccyE doesn't do malapropisms. He just gets it wrong.
Less, Margaret Pilkington and Eric like this.
Old 15-11-2014, 20:59   #44

Who is it that is actually brainwashing Muslim youth in the UK, turning them from supposedly peaceful, law abiding members of the community into baying, bloodthirsty terrorists ready to stop at nothing in committing the foulest, deadliest of deeds. Get hold of the brainwashers and put them where they can't poison the minds of the youth.

And why not do some 'brainwashing' of our own? Get among the Muslim youths, show them the sickening crimes perpetrated by ISIS and their ilk, and emphasise the treatment they can expect when they come running back to the safety of the UK.

If they believe the poisonous lies of the ISIS brainwashers, it shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to 'brainwash' them with the truth.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 21:12   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post

If they believe the poisonous lies of the ISIS brainwashers, it shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to 'brainwash' them with the truth.
By Gad, sir, we're British. We don't do brainwashing.
We do Human Rights, multiculturalism, tolerance and crawling to what is now a large block of voters.
Guinness and DaveinGermany like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..