Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2017, 14:35   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Judith Addison (Conservative)

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if it helps she seems quite genuine on hyndburn chat where she resides and gets involved quite a lot

added bonus is she can remember where she is from unlike that labour fella who thinks he is from XXXX
She is always willing to look up the particular details of any political point for anyone and provide sensible advice. Never met her but I have a high opinion of her.
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2017, 16:47   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I can't vote for someone who goes against my conscious...and in local elections I take absolutely no notice of the banner that they travel under.
I vote for the person who I think will do the best job.
And I feel like I can moan about anyone I like. No one ever takes any notice of me anyway.
I think it's Peter you don't like but he's almost always worked hard for Oswaldtwistle
Old 24-04-2017, 17:01   #18
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right Neil...and that is why I am glad I do not have to make the choice.
(And why I would be drawing on the ballot paper...however hard he works and however good he is I could not vote for him)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:01   #19

Sorry, I don't often visit Accy Web now and have only just found that a thread was running about me in the run-up to the County Council Election held on 4th May. I stood in Accrington West & Oswaldtwistle Central and lost to County Councillor Munsif Dad.

There was in fact information about me on the back of my election leaflet and, although the election is now past, I will just elaborate on that.

I grew up in Oswaldtwistle and was educated at local state schools. I worked for Hyndburn Borough Council, mainly as Local Land Charges Officer, for over 28 years prior to my retirement in Spring 2009.

In Summer 2009 I was elected as a Conservative Councillor for Oswaldtwistle Immanuel Ward and was re-elected in 2011 and 2015.

I served as Mayor of Hyndburn in 2013/14, carrying out approx 6 engagements per week and publishing a daily blog on my "Mayor of Hyndburn" Facebook Page which can still be accessed. I still give occasional talks about my Mayoral Year, mainly to ladies' groups.

On the Council I take a particular interest in Planning but have also served on Scrutiny Committees. I was the Council's Armed Forces Champion in 2015/16.

I deal with residents' issues on a daily basis via telephone, e-mail and Facebook, in particular the Hyndburn Chat Page. In Oswaldtwistle I support the Rhyddings Park Neighbourhood Watch and the Friends of Jackhouse Nature Reserve. I have been involved in the recent campaign to save Oswaldtwistle Library and prior to that the campaign to save the Sequoia Tree in Rhyddings Park - I challenged the Cabinet's decision to fell the tree through the Scrutiny process.

I serve as a Trustee on the Boards of Hyndburn & Ribble Valley CVS, Hyndburn Citizens' Advice Bureau, Adventure Hyndburn (formerly Sure Start) and Hyndburn Arts Ltd (Civic Arts Centre). I was also a Trustee at Carers' Link for six and a half years. I am a regular attender at the Hyndburn Over 50s Forum.

I am a long serving Governor at St. Peter's Accrington, St Paul's Oswaldtwistle and St. Andrew's Oswaldtwistle CE Primary Schools.

I am a Lay Minister in the Church of England (Blackburn Diocese) licensed to the Parish of Oswaldtwistle, in particular St. Paul's Church on Catlow Hall Street. I am interested in Inter-Faith relations and have recently given two talks on Christianity in an Islamic Girls' School in Blackburn.

I encourage the work of youth organisations such as Scouts, Guides, Cadets and the Drama Groups at the Civic Arts Centre, believing that it's good for young people to channel their energies into acquiring life skills, working as a team and putting the needs of others before themselves.

In my "spare time" I am a volunteer Room Steward at Gawthorpe Hall, Padiham (National Trust/LCC) and an occasional volunteer Tour Guide at Blackburn Cathedral.

I describe myself as a "Local Councillor" rather than a "Politician" and always try to prioritise the needs of the community over party political affiliation.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:08   #20
Beacon of light

Judith, you are to be congratulated on your dedication to the community.
I like the fact that you see yourself as an aid to those in your area, rather than a politician.
I really wish there were more people like you.
I don't think it was you who lost the election...I think it was those who voted for someone else who lost.
Long may you continue.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 21:27   #21
Senior Member+

the current labour mp is dreadful.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 22:20   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

What's that got to do with this thread subject?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..