Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 09:12   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: lock your windows in huncoat village

I would think using that type of screen name is leaving yourself wide open on any social networking sites, with that in mind maybe your choice wasn't the best in the world, seeing the some people on this web site actually struggle along with life in their own way without any sort of moaning or feeling sorry for themselves
Old 04-03-2011, 14:28   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I would think using that type of screen name is leaving yourself wide open on any social networking sites, with that in mind maybe your choice wasn't the best in the world, seeing the some people on this web site actually struggle along with life in their own way without any sort of moaning or feeling sorry for themselves
Think that name was chosen cos maybe it wouldn't accept "Tosspot"
Old 04-03-2011, 14:37   #48
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

E.i.s, it's people like you who've gotten the Country where it is because you & others of similar attitudes go on & have a hissy fit of righteous indignation about what's right & wrong about others calling & naming someone this or that & being mortified & offended for the aggrieved race, nation, group, minority ad nausea !

If as in your view, it is deemed so offensive why then haven't they themselves taken umbrage & been inundating the papers & news sites & message boards up & down the Country ? Yes there's laws, but they've been brought about & forced onto us by outpourings from sanctimonious bleeding heart liberals like yourself ! What this then achieves is resentment & further animosity from all quarters due to feelings of being marginalised & branded. Ergo ! Further insults & perceived offence, catch 22 comes to mind. The more you beat up on people the more inclined they are to forcefully strike back.

What is your personal experience with racism, victimisation, name calling or being labelled ? How many of these minorities, victim groups have you actually dealt with & spoken to to get their views & opinions ? Ever been called an Island Monkey ? Cliff Pisher ?(damned censors ) I have ! And what did I do ? Laughed ! If that's your best ? Why even bother ? No screaming racism by me or from others for me, my life still goes on & nothing has changed ! I can deal with reality.

Let's be honest inside everyone of us there is some level of racism or prejudice it's inherent no matter how vehemently we may deny it or profess it to be otherwise. It may not necessarily be wearing hoods & burning crosses in your face good ol' Southern boy racism, but I'm pretty damn sure that at some point your seething annoyance & invective has been directed at someone or other who's different to you !

Be they Yellow, Black, Brown, White but foreign, *****, Gay, Ginger, Fat, Druggie, Jock, Druid, Irish, English, trans-whatever or any combo you like of those listed & more, even Christians are at each others throats in places let alone the Islamist view on others in particular the Jews, so I think before you start preaching to the masses you might want to grab a handful of reality to see what life is really like because if you don't ...... well your moniker says it all !

That, as they say, is all part of being British & growing up live with it !

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 04-03-2011 at 14:41.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 17:51   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think that name was chosen cos maybe it wouldn't accept "Tosspot"
Ya damn that censorship button
Old 04-03-2011, 21:10   #50

Cashman: Calling me a Tosspot, however indirectly is a personal attack which is against the forum rules. Do you think because of your long history with the site that you no longer have to follow the rules they laid down?

Garinda: You can look the older meaning of words up all you like in dictionaries, "*****" is a racially offensive word and it is against the law to use it in such a way.

Mr. Moss: I didn't come here to "trick" anyone into saying things they would regret. People were saying things that they should regret before I posted.

At least one of the posts in this forum constitutes a racial offense under the current laws and the individual who posted it, and perhaps the site itself could be held accountable in a court of law for it. You can laugh and scoff and disbelieve it all you like, such things have gone to court successfully before.

Given the way you all seem to gang up on anyone who's new unless they toe the party line and seem unable to stop making comments about my name on here, and the way everyone seems to ignore the site rules about being welcome and friendly and not making personal attacks on people, I don't think it's worth my while staying here. I have plenty more forums where people really are welcoming to outsiders and follow their forum's rules and the law.

So you've driven me off. Good for you. Silly bullies, have a good rejoice about it why don't you.

Last edited by ExistenceIsSuffering; 04-03-2011 at 21:18.
ExistenceIsSuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 21:33   #51

Hell fire! I think you are taking thinds a little personal . I was a new member once, I joined but didn't come on here laying down the law or jamming my opinions down anyone's throat.
( I'm not saying you have, before you jump on me)
Perhaps you should have joined in with other conversations and got to know people before you told them what the forum rules were and that they were racists? ? Just a thought.
I've never been picked on or bullied and everyone has always been very helpful to me. I laugh at a few posts because that's what they are meant to do, provoke a bit of humour. We are all different and have differing sense of humour

You are not Jambutty in disguise are you ?
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 21:39   #52

You think I'm taking things a little personal? How is someone calling me a tosspot NOT personal?

If people are breaking the forum rules (which they are) or breaking the law (which a few are) then of course I'm going to speak up. I'm not going to quietly go along not mentioning it for fear of rocking the boat. Speaking out against racism is very important. All that's needed for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing, after all.
ExistenceIsSuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 21:47   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceIsSuffering View Post
You think I'm taking things a little personal? How is someone calling me a tosspot NOT personal?

If people are breaking the forum rules (which they are) or breaking the law (which a few are) then of course I'm going to speak up. I'm not going to quietly go along not mentioning it for fear of rocking the boat. Speaking out against racism is very important. All that's needed for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing, after all.
After your introduction thread, what did you expect?

Quote:
Hello, my name is, well my name is ExistenceIsSuffering but you can call me "Exi" if you like.

The first noble truth in Buddhism is that "Existence is suffering" and, well, I live in Accrington, so... Steep hills, poverty, budget cuts and the insufferable wind and rain we get here make it easy to accept this noble truth.

I used to live somewhere really nice. It has tourists going to it because it's so nice. It has rubbish collection EVERY WEEK, flat, maintained pavements, great shops...

I had to move to Accrington for financial reasons so I'm stuck here really. Accrington does have one advantage over where I used to live though: you don't seem to get very many beggars here at all, whereas where I used to live people would come up to you all the time for "some change for the bus", "a spare cig", "some money so I can use the phone" etc.

Oh well, that's me. A moaner. I wasn't born here, I've only been here 10 years so I'm like a moaning invader, coming over here, stealing your rain, moaning about your homeland.

You'll probably learn to ignore me or tune me out somehow.
At least you were right about one thing.

Moan, moan, moan.

Did you get out of the wrong side of your ***** chariot this morning?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 21:51   #54
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You think I'm taking things a little personal? How is someone calling me a tosspot NOT personal.
Tosspot [ˈtɒsˌpɒt]n1. Archaic or literary a habitual drinker
2. Brit slang a stupid or contemptible ***** person

You need to phone Injury-Lawyers-4u.

I think you have a case.

Old 04-03-2011, 22:01   #55

If you had taken the time to get to know people first you would find that Cashy is lovely. He HAS a sense of humour though, as do most people on here.
And if people are breaking the forum rules I'm sure a Mod will let them know
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 22:03   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Exclusive: Millwall fan Gary O'Neill cleared over '*****' chanting at Priestfield

Good luck, by the way, and good bye. If you do as you stated, and leave.

Old 04-03-2011, 22:06   #57
God Member

Is calling someone a Dingle racist ? I could do with some compo
Old 04-03-2011, 22:07   #58
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
If you had taken the time to get to know people first you would find that Cashy is lovely. He HAS a sense of humour though, as do most people on here.
And if people are breaking the forum rules I'm sure a Mod will let them know
Didn't really help, when the intoduction post announced they were basically an internet troll.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Making inflammatory remarks about the town, whose name happens to be the name of the forum.

Old 04-03-2011, 22:11   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post

You are not Jambutty in disguise are you ?

Damn it you beat me to it!!!! Still made me chuckle though!!!

"Exi" your ob not a people person, come back when you have grown up a bit and not take things to heart coz at the minute your acting like a 3year old...........................no offence to 3year old's by the way
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 22:15   #60
Give, give, give member

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..