Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2009, 17:34   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: London Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
what a load of bull****,im with tealeaf on this why would they fake it,if you think theyve faked why do you believe some unknown whos probably in the propaganda wing of al quaeda hasnt faked it...even the junkie music is crap...
its you thats talking crap, the special branch officer admitted altering his notes before the inquiry. ya would know that if ya read things.
Old 27-05-2009, 17:36   #137
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
what a load of bull****,im with tealeaf on this why would they fake it,if you think theyve faked why do you believe some unknown whos probably in the propaganda wing of al quaeda hasnt faked it...even the junkie music is crap...
I cant say why they would fake it or even if they did, but a suggestion could be the fact we had troops fighting a war that the nation wasnt too happy about and protests where happening, the bombings made it right to be at war and fight terror. As well as a way of introducing new laws without much opposition.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 18:05   #138
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I agree 100%.

A drug-taking, illegally resident, tax-evading, bone-idle cowboy electrician was accidentally shot by policemen in the course of their duty. So far, this man's foreign family have been awarded over half a million in compensation - far more than any of our servicemen or families get for death or injuries incurred for queen and country. That is insufficient, however, to satisfy the nauseating liberal mob - of which there are more than a few on here - who no doubt will not be happy until the smiling British bobby becomes no more than a footnote in their own warped history.
Since the police hadn't the foggiest as to the real identity of the man when they shot him, I hardly think his legal status was an issue at the time.

I'm all for the arrest and deportation of illegal immigrants, if that is what he was, though I've struggled to find any concrete evidence to back this up, right and left wing sites both claiming he was/wasn't, but public executions on the tube aren't really the answer, especially in the rush hour.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 09:19   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Since the police hadn't the foggiest as to the real identity of the man when they shot him, I hardly think his legal status was an issue at the time.

I'm all for the arrest and deportation of illegal immigrants, if that is what he was, though I've struggled to find any concrete evidence to back this up, right and left wing sites both claiming he was/wasn't, but public executions on the tube aren't really the answer, especially in the rush hour.
I actually felt sorry for the coppers who actually shot the guy, they were acting on info received, the whole point is if this chap had have been a terrorist and caused another atrocity on the Underground, there would have been holly hell to pay. The bottom line is the the info was flawed and an innocent life was lost and no matter how many enquiries they have had you can't turn the clock back and undo the wrongs
Old 28-05-2009, 09:41   #140
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I actually felt sorry for the coppers who actually shot the guy, they were acting on info received, the whole point is if this chap had have been a terrorist and caused another atrocity on the Underground, there would have been holly hell to pay. The bottom line is the the info was flawed and an innocent life was lost and no matter how many enquiries they have had you can't turn the clock back and undo the wrongs
No, but one would like to think it won't happen again.

Copper peeing in a bottle at the time, wrongly identifies de Menezes as the suspect they should have been watching. Follows him on a bus for two miles. Follows him down into the tube station, and executes him in a carriage, a few feet away from other commuters.

Even if he had been a suicide bomber, you'd have thought they could have taken him out earlier, and in a much safer way, than wait until he was a couple of hundered feet underground, in an enclosed space filled with he general public.

The whole thing stank at the time, and still does.

Old 28-05-2009, 10:10   #141
God Member

It just so happens that the high rank policewoman who gave the order is a 'graduate' of
Common Purpose- the secretive association which calls itself a charity and is funded from our rates

PS I mentioned Common Purpose in this thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...n-47520-8.html
at post#110

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 10:24   #142
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No, but one would like to think it won't happen again.

Copper peeing in a bottle at the time, wrongly identifies de Menezes as the suspect they should have been watching. Follows him on a bus for two miles. Follows him down into the tube station, and executes him in a carriage, a few feet away from other commuters.

Even if he had been a suicide bomber, you'd have thought they could have taken him out earlier, and in a much safer way, than wait until he was a couple of hundred feet underground, in an enclosed space filled with he general public.

The whole thing stank at the time, and still does.
I totally Agree Rindi, but is always easy to answer questions with hindsight, "If only" is one of the most used phrases in the English language, and no amount of soul searching is going to alter things now.
Old 28-05-2009, 10:26   #143
God Member

Quote:
I totally Agree Rindi, but is always easy to answer questions with hindsight, "If only" is one of the most used phrases in the English language, and no amount of soul searching is going to alter things now.
It has already 'altered things' - mistrust of the motives of politicians

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 11:03   #144
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It has already 'altered things' - mistrust of the motives of politicians
You can never alter things that have happened Margaret, just hope that people learn by their mistakes, but mistrust of the motives of politicians has always been high on he agenda for lots of people, its just more prominent today than its ever been
Old 28-05-2009, 11:10   #145
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You can never alter things that have happened Margaret, just hope that people learn by their mistakes, but mistrust of the motives of politicians has always been high on he agenda for lots of people, its just more prominent today than its ever been
No, you can't rewind history, but you can learn from it, in the hope of preventing similar things from happening again.

Old 28-05-2009, 11:14   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No, you can't rewind history, but you can learn from it, in the hope of preventing similar things from happening again.
Think thats what I said Rindi
Old 28-05-2009, 11:17   #147
Give, give, give member

Quote:
...no matter how many enquiries they have had you can't turn the clock back and undo the wrongs
You seemed quite dismissive of the enquires.

We can only learn if we know as much of the facts as possible.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..