Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   London Alert (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/london-alert-13437.html)

Doug 21-07-2005 12:58

London Alert

Code Amber issued in London. Three Tube Stations Evacuated and possibly a bus also evacuated. No Major explosions reported and the situation is not currently being treated has a major incident. Areas affected include Uxbridge Road, The Oval, Warren Street and Shepard’s Bush Green. It is alleged that the Bus had its windows blown out. Can anyone add any detail?

mani 21-07-2005 13:10

Re: London Alert

just seen this

police arent treating it as a major incident though.

Tealeaf 21-07-2005 13:12

If you have a TV, then you will know more than I do. I know there has been an incident on a bus on Hackney Rd/ Columbia Rd or thereabouts, which is just north of where I am...there's alot of cop cars been speeding up there, but I've seen no ambulances (although they would take a different route from the hospital). I have no knowledge of the incidents on the tube, otherthan on the BBC website.

mani 21-07-2005 13:18

reports of a nail bomb

a mate on another website is apparently just a block two down...

Doug 21-07-2005 13:20

Hi Tea, Glad your ok and away from the focus of all this. No Injury’s have been reported, other than one possible minor injury on the tube. The named underground stations have been evacuated. It is suggested that Dummy Nail Bombs have been recovered. The detonators have fired but no explosives where present. Armed Police are reported to have entered University Collage Hospital.

wayneyboy1942 21-07-2005 13:24

If it's another attack they must'nt be allowed to win! We must stand up against these people who are just out to scare people into not traveling I just hope no one apart from these nutters are hurt!

Tealeaf 21-07-2005 13:25

Sirens have now stopped. Traffic appears normal.I don't know whats happening in the West End.

mani 21-07-2005 13:29

welll apparently on my other website

a young man ran off a train leaving his bag and they think he may have ran into ucl = University College London Hospital

some guy came on train, put down a ruksack and ran off, people tried geting holdof him, but he got away
and the bag exploded

on bus there was a small explosion, windows smashed, they saying its the detenator exploding, not the bomb

Doug 21-07-2005 13:32

It is looking like this is a scare as apposed to a terrorist attack. This may be some a***hole trying to bring the Capitol to a stand still and cause disruption. Although it would have been less risky to have just rung the Associated Press and make the treat like the old days. It is suggested that White? English people have left rucksacks and run for it? This might be a very dangerous prank that should result in long sentences if this is the case. Sir Ian Blaire is stating that the Police are dealing with a serious incident.

Doug 21-07-2005 13:38

COBRA is reported to be in session. Little real information is coming out. Blare is cancelling appointments etc. Looking more like a hoax attack, possibly a blind attempt to cause confusion. One hopes that this is not the start of something more serious. The streets will be crowed so please be careful when you folks down there start to transit home. Keep an eye open and get home safely.

Doug 21-07-2005 13:52

The reported injury is believed to be one of the individuals carrying one of the suspect devices. No Chemical Agents detected at the Oval. Londoners advised to stay put and not try to leave and clog the networks still operating.

mani 21-07-2005 14:00

oval has received the all clear

Tealeaf 21-07-2005 14:03

Whatever this was, it was coordinated. It was not a nut acting alone. If it appears detenators have gone off without the main explosive, then that suggests a bad batch. If however, there was no main charge, then you're left to wonder exactly what the point of the exercise was. Were they sending a message saying "we've done it once........ we can do it again?" Or is it some sort of decoy job? This puzzles me.

grannyclaret 21-07-2005 14:03

HERE WE GO AGAIN ...
watching sky news a little earlier a reporter was told to get off his mobile ,,it seems that they can trigger off detinators ..

mani 21-07-2005 14:08

Internal memo being sent out in the UCL hospital:

Look out for a 6ft 2" black/asian man with a hole in his hooded top with wires pretruding out of it.