Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2005, 12:58   #1
Member.

London Alert

Code Amber issued in London. Three Tube Stations Evacuated and possibly a bus also evacuated. No Major explosions reported and the situation is not currently being treated has a major incident. Areas affected include Uxbridge Road, The Oval, Warren Street and Shepard’s Bush Green. It is alleged that the Bus had its windows blown out. Can anyone add any detail?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 21-07-2005 at 13:08.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2005, 13:10   #2
Senior Member+

Re: London Alert

just seen this

police arent treating it as a major incident though.
Old 21-07-2005, 13:12   #3
God Member

If you have a TV, then you will know more than I do. I know there has been an incident on a bus on Hackney Rd/ Columbia Rd or thereabouts, which is just north of where I am...there's alot of cop cars been speeding up there, but I've seen no ambulances (although they would take a different route from the hospital). I have no knowledge of the incidents on the tube, otherthan on the BBC website.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 13:18   #4
Senior Member+

reports of a nail bomb

a mate on another website is apparently just a block two down...
Old 21-07-2005, 13:20   #5
Member.

Hi Tea, Glad your ok and away from the focus of all this. No Injury’s have been reported, other than one possible minor injury on the tube. The named underground stations have been evacuated. It is suggested that Dummy Nail Bombs have been recovered. The detonators have fired but no explosives where present. Armed Police are reported to have entered University Collage Hospital.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-07-2005, 13:24   #6

If it's another attack they must'nt be allowed to win! We must stand up against these people who are just out to scare people into not traveling I just hope no one apart from these nutters are hurt!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 13:25   #7
God Member

Sirens have now stopped. Traffic appears normal.I don't know whats happening in the West End.
Old 21-07-2005, 13:29   #8
Senior Member+

welll apparently on my other website

a young man ran off a train leaving his bag and they think he may have ran into ucl = University College London Hospital

some guy came on train, put down a ruksack and ran off, people tried geting holdof him, but he got away
and the bag exploded

on bus there was a small explosion, windows smashed, they saying its the detenator exploding, not the bomb
Old 21-07-2005, 13:32   #9
Member.

It is looking like this is a scare as apposed to a terrorist attack. This may be some a***hole trying to bring the Capitol to a stand still and cause disruption. Although it would have been less risky to have just rung the Associated Press and make the treat like the old days. It is suggested that White? English people have left rucksacks and run for it? This might be a very dangerous prank that should result in long sentences if this is the case. Sir Ian Blaire is stating that the Police are dealing with a serious incident.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-07-2005, 13:38   #10
Member.

COBRA is reported to be in session. Little real information is coming out. Blare is cancelling appointments etc. Looking more like a hoax attack, possibly a blind attempt to cause confusion. One hopes that this is not the start of something more serious. The streets will be crowed so please be careful when you folks down there start to transit home. Keep an eye open and get home safely.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-07-2005, 13:52   #11
Member.

The reported injury is believed to be one of the individuals carrying one of the suspect devices. No Chemical Agents detected at the Oval. Londoners advised to stay put and not try to leave and clog the networks still operating.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-07-2005, 14:00   #12
Senior Member+

oval has received the all clear
Old 21-07-2005, 14:03   #13
God Member

Whatever this was, it was coordinated. It was not a nut acting alone. If it appears detenators have gone off without the main explosive, then that suggests a bad batch. If however, there was no main charge, then you're left to wonder exactly what the point of the exercise was. Were they sending a message saying "we've done it once........ we can do it again?" Or is it some sort of decoy job? This puzzles me.
Old 21-07-2005, 14:03   #14
white rabbits

HERE WE GO AGAIN ...
watching sky news a little earlier a reporter was told to get off his mobile ,,it seems that they can trigger off detinators ..
Old 21-07-2005, 14:08   #15
Senior Member+

Internal memo being sent out in the UCL hospital:

Look out for a 6ft 2" black/asian man with a hole in his hooded top with wires pretruding out of it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..