Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree251Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2017, 14:51   #91

Re: Manchester Arena

I have never voted Labour. Voted UKIP and would vote for this party again, voted for my sins (cannot believe I am telling you this, don't even want to type it) SNP I must have had a bad turn in 1987, I voted for them as a protest vote against the carnage that was happening in the shipbuilding industry on the Tyne and Clyde Rivers. Never voted for them since and could never vote for them again. There only aim in life is to break up the United Kingdom, no thanks. So I am no Labour voter, but what I hope I am is an intelligent voter, who has taken an interest in politics all my Adult Life, so sorry Jim Proctor, I could not give my vote to Labour, not with Brexit, there in not one of Corbyns Cabinet capable of doing a proper job.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2017, 15:04   #92
Beacon of light

No, I am not naturally aligned to any political party.
I choose to give my vote to who ever I feel is best set to represent my core values.
If there is no one, then I walk down to the polling station and draw on my ballot paper, or write none of the above.
I have never missed doing the walk. I would hate anyone to think that I couldn't be bothered.
I suppose that given my background(large family, poverty, illness in the family) it would be easy to assume that Labour would be my choice...but I vote only after very careful consideration of what the person asking for my vote is actually worth.
Our current representative leaves a lot to be desired. It appears that his political career is more important that the wishes of the people he is supposed to.represent.

It is academic really, even if we had a superb representative, I would not vote for them because the Labour Party has really lost its way.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 15:10   #93
Beacon of light

Jim, I think it is more than a little patronising to assume that we cannot make rational and reasoned decisions about who to vote for.
Suggesting that we are influenced by a particular newspaper is a bit of a cheap shot.
Not something I had you down for.
I have always considered your posts to be considered and moderate.
I respect your right to choose and the reasons for your choice.
At the same time I hope the Labour Party lose,then they might find someone more capable of leadership in opposition...and they might (given time) find their way back to being a party you could consider voting for.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 28-05-2017, 15:16   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jim, I think it is more than a little patronising to assume that we cannot make rational and reasoned decisions about who to vote for.
Suggesting that we are influenced by a particular newspaper is a bit of a cheap shot.
Not something I had you down for.
I have always considered your posts to be considered and moderate.
I respect your right to choose and the reasons for your choice.
At the same time I hope the Labour Party lose,then they might find someone more capable of leadership in opposition...and they might (given time) find their way back to being a party you could consider voting for.
It was a very cheap shot, though it dont surprise me,off one who seems to consider himself brighter than us oiks, it dont wash with me at all.
Old 28-05-2017, 15:18   #95

I nearly pressed Like there Margaret.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 15:39   #96
Beacon of light

That would have been alright Jim.
Sometimes I have to 'LIKE' what I feel is true, but I don't actually like very much.
Old 28-05-2017, 18:50   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
I suspect that most of you are really Labour at heart.Its Corbyn that's the problem isn't it?And from what I have read on this site the Hyndburn M P is not well liked. Well I have a Labour M P who is first class, who is always looking after her constituents, a bit like the late Jo Cox That's why I am voting Labour.
not just corbyn thats the problem our MP is so out of touch with the people of hyndburn as well

bet he wouldnt get elected if he went independent thats for sure

its a good job this area votes labour no matter what or he would be out of a job

its very sad that people who voted leave will vote for a man who would gladly pull us back in to the EU given half a chance

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 19:54   #98
Senior Member+

I voted Leave, My vote which was posted yesterday was certainly not for Jones, I even told him so when he knocked on my door. From reading other posts on here there are others who think like me.
cashman likes this.
Old 28-05-2017, 22:31   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I voted Leave, My vote which was posted yesterday was certainly not for Jones, I even told him so when he knocked on my door. From reading other posts on here there are others who think like me.

fingers crossed theres enough to get the job done

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:52   #100
Beacon of light

So...it happens again,but this time in London?
Three young Islamic men...THREE, and no one in their communities knew anything about it.
(At least they have been dispatched.)

There will be much hand wringing. Their will be flowers laid, candles lit, vigils observed.
There will be lip service from the Muslim community about how 'this is not the Islam they know'
Maybe in another two weeks Birmingham will be the target...and again the cycle will be repeated.
AND NOTHING WILL HAVE BEEN DONE. NOTHING WILL HAVE CHANGED.

It is time that the unthinkable was considered, and the problems addressed.

I am fed up with walking around seeing men of a certain ethnic background and wondering if they are an A or a B(an abuser or a bomber).
Before anyone slings that racist slur at me...what am I supposed to feel and think?
If the Muslim community were to do something more than issue placatory sound bites, and stop shielding these men, I might just feel a little better about them. I might be able to suspend my suspicion of ALL of them.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:44   #101

Corbyn would probably sit down with these people, cup of tea and a scone. The conversation might go something like this...where were you born?...where and when is the next Attack...can we talk about it. If Labour win this election and he becomes Prime Minister, we are all doomed.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:00   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Corbyn will discuss no doubt at all, myself i would take the action Special Forces took in Northern Ireland in the 80s, say nowt n top em.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:02   #103
Beacon of light

If these men despise the western way of life so much then the door is open for them to leave.
They were raised in a country where they are free to practise their religion, they have been educated and had their health care provided.

They are craven cowards. If they really wanted to wage war then they should be taking themselves off to where they can be faced with other men who have similar intent...that is to kill indiscriminately.

To target people who do not know they are 'at war'...who are told that Islam is a religion of peace, and in the month of Ramadan too. It is like hitting sitting ducks.

I despise these cowards...these murderers, for that is what they are.
My admiration goes to those who pick up the pieces(literally), those who put their lives on the line...the police and fire service...and of course those who try to put the injured back together....nurses and medical staff.
DaveinGermany and hilleluk like this.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:33   #104
I am Banned

The time for sending prayers for victims is over it's time we took it into our own hands seens as the goverment will do nothing about it, anybody but UKIP in power after the GE will be a death sentence on the country
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:49   #105

Corbyn has come out with another DAZZA today, I do not believe in the shoot to kill policy. WHAT!!!
st06nc2 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..