Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree251Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2017, 20:38   #151
I am Banned

Re: Manchester Arena

A vote for Labour is a vote for a party that's against zero hour contract even though they employed 23000 people on them last year, the party with a leader against the shoot to kill policy when it comes to terrorism, the party that started the privatisation of the NHS in 2006, the party that cut 660 million from Labour run NHS Wales over the last 3 years, the party that started the introduction of the bedroom tax in 2007, the party that left the NHS with 300 billion of loan repayments, the party that wants to charge people £10 a month to use the nhs and £20 for every night they're in hospital, the party paid only £14000 tax on a total income of £33.3 million, the party who when last in power doubled the rate of income tax for the poor and protected the rich, they are not for the many, they are for the rich.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2017, 21:53   #152
Beacon of light

But those Labour diehards will not remember any of that tomorrow.
They will believe it is the party that looks out for the interests of the working man and we all know that since TB got his hands on the party and renamed it, it has not been the party that looks after the working man.
hilleluk likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:15   #153
God Member

thankfully we dont have anyone like that in the labour party around here

i have to say that as im not sure if police cautions are public record or not

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:33   #154
I am Banned

The figure show that budgets in the public sector are higher than they were under labour while deficit is a third of what it was under labour, another 4/5 year we could be deficit free
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:01   #155
God Member

no matter who you actually vote for, which party gets a majority or we have another coalition i doubt it will make the slightest difference to your everyday life no matter what age group you,re in. 70 years on this planet has shown me when you get a change in government nothing much happens for the man on the street. you might win a penny or loose one who ever gets in power.
accyman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:14   #156
Beacon of light

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one.
I have been on the planet as long as you and I really feel this is the most decisive election in my lifetime.
Our exit from the corrupt union with the EU is at stake.
The security of our borders(long left to rot) is at stake, and a list of other things too long to mention...all of them hang on this election.
If you want unlimited immigration by people that would harm us and our way of life, then vote Labour.
If you want a country for your children and grandchildren that is mired in debt(caused by borrowing for policies that you cannot afford) then vote for labour.
If you want to see the flight of large investors and the consequences that will bring, then vote Labour.
If you want our defences to be non existent vote Labour. If you want a leader who is an apologist for terror...who has voted against every attempt to legislate against terror...vote Labour.
If you want a leader who couldn't run a jam stall, then vote Labour.
If you want to be dragged back into what will become the federal states of Europe then vote Labour.

If all these options make you sick to the pit of your stomach, then whatever your past allegiances, you have to bite the bullet for the good of the country...and vote conservative.
If I wake up tomorrow and that Worzel Gummidge is in number ten, I might just put a shilling in the meter and put my head in the gas oven.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-06-2017 at 09:17.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:02   #157
God Member

whilst i agree with your sentiments regarding the labour party i do think you,re being a little pessimistic about the worst case scene if the corbyn crowd did get elected. all party,s seem more left wing or right wing when out of power hopeing the floaters will follow their party lines. when in power they quickly go back on their more reactionary promises and do the famous U turns.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:02   #158
Senior Member+

The very thought of "Wurzel Gummidge" as you so kindly call muppet Corbyn has put me of my very late breakfast Margaret.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:32   #159
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
whilst i agree with your sentiments regarding the labour party i do think you,re being a little pessimistic about the worst case scene if the corbyn crowd did get elected. all party,s seem more left wing or right wing when out of power hopeing the floaters will follow their party lines. when in power they quickly go back on their more reactionary promises and do the famous U turns.
I would not for one second trust that they would alter their stance.(and I am not for taking the risk)

If you think I am being pessimistic, just wait and see what the stock markets do to our economy if Labour get in.
Watch money being wiped off shares. Watch businesses relocate to places where Labour cannot apply swingeing taxes...watch jobs disappear.
The rich will leave and the poor will get poorer. But one category of people who will feel none of the pinch will be those elected to be MP's. They already live in a different world to us.
Now you may think it is only the well off who worry about share markets...but many millions are invested to pay pensions.
Those that Labour consider to be rich will leave, the poor will still be poor and may get even poorer.
Schools and hospitals will be expected to cater for more and more immigrants(which JC thinks are good for the UK).
We will get the worst deal possible from the EU because they know that man will take ANY deal...even a bad one.
We will have all the bills that go with being IN the EU, but none of the say so(so not much change there then)just to keep the shrinking single market.
We will still have to abide by EU rules and you think this is pessimism?

I do not consider myself a pessimist. I consider myself to be a realist.
I have looked carefully at what my vote means, I do not give it lightly.
I am not a follower of any party, but I am one of those voters who votes with what is good for me and my family...and that is definitely NOT LABOUR!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-06-2017 at 10:35.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:37   #160
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
The very thought of "Wurzel Gummidge" as you so kindly call muppet Corbyn has put me of my very late breakfast Margaret.
Sorry Russell. He hasn't really got enough sense(he may be well educated, but that does not equate to common sense) to be anything more than a scarecrow.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:56   #161
God Member

whilst i agree with your statements above margaret i do think corbyn would water down all his policies because of the reasons you,ve stated. his lot always have done and that,s why the lefties get so upset when they can,t obtain their pie in the sky social state and labour always make out they,re the progressive party where we,ll all live in harmony, piece and afluence for ever.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:52   #162

Voted 1st thing come on Graham Jones
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:10   #163
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

So, to reassure the voters in these troubled times we are required to have armed Police at some polling stations, what an absolute disgrace that our so called free Country has been reduced to these third world actions to do what is a right thanks to the fights for equality of many generations!
Polling stations patrolled by armed police as millions turn out to vote in General Election | London Evening Standard
hilleluk likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:39   #164
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So, to reassure the voters in these troubled times we are required to have armed Police at some polling stations, what an absolute disgrace that our so called free Country has been reduced to these third world actions to do what is a right thanks to the fights for equality of many generations!
Polling stations patrolled by armed police as millions turn out to vote in General Election | London Evening Standard
Things like that are ok to the tree hugging human rights brigade, must not upset our terrorists.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 13:47   #165

For the first time ever, there is a Policeman at the Polling Station we go to.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..